Started Topical Bicalutamide - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Started Topical Bicalutamide

Hey, People. Me here (mid 30's Latino mixed, Mexican. Engineer NW1.5 almost 2)

This is some history about my case.

I started a very slow loss of hair since very young, 20y/o or so. Did not really cared at the time since it was not alarming and my dad has a full head of hair, currently he is in his 60's, with minimal thining. However from my mother side all my uncles have some degree of hair loss.

Never investigated nuch at those times since I found ways to cover the receding temples and I started using minoxidil in my mid 20's. Worked wonders to keep my hair and thickening beard, as well as hair all around my body.

That was until around 5 years ago that I got a horrible shedding of 400 hairs if not more daily. I got super scared. Granted at the time I worked graveyard shift, ate like crap and has no excercise, since I am naturally skinny well it did not appear to affect my health (yeah, right). I ran to see a dematologist who prescribed finasteride, cutting 5mg into 4, so I took 1.25mg a day; also to continue on minoxidil and added ketaconazole shampoo.

I kid you not, this stopped my hair loss dramatically. In 2 weeks I had gone from 400 hairs to around 20. I was SO excited! I felt like I had beaten nature, so I went on with my life and improved my health habits. It is worth to mention I had very slight sides that disappeared on 2 weeks whe I started Fin.

Fast forward around 1 year I started noticing again the horrible shedding. WTF was hppening?! I went to the dermatologist and well She said nothing I did not know. I was devastated. I did not want to be bald for a very specific reason; I had an accident when I was a kid that caused a huge scar and deformation on my skull. Otherwise I would be okay with just shaving my head, since my family have ok skulls.

I started investigating more and more. Got to 1.25 twice a day + ketakonazole everyother day + minoxidil twice a day 1ml. No result for one year

Tried 5mg of dutasteride + ketakonazole everyother day + minoxidil twice a day 1ml for 9 months. No result and just slight mental fog as sides. Dutasteride is very expensive to keep.

I swam on medical research. Tried microneedling, and no result, tried topical spironolactone for a couple of months and just got a really nasty smell on my head.

GOD I even thought about reshaping my skull! And since no good FUE transplant surgeons are around my city and I was not going to spend a fortune in a bad surgery.

Then I investigated about 2 Gen antiandrogens and after a lot of research I decided to try Bicalutamide, it seemed pretty safe to use, (take safe with a grain of salt).

Fast forward two months of treatment this is what I have found:

Treatment:
    Disolved Bicalutamide in liquid minoxidil 5% to get a dosage of 10mg of Bica and 2 ml of Minox every day.
    1.25 Finasteride in the mroning
    Ketaconazole shampoo every other day.

Results:
    Shedding stopped massively. Hair slowly thickening

Sides:
    On the begiginning I got minimal lightheadness that receded in a week or so. Had some problems of very liquid semen, a very minimal decrease of sexdrive. All this is slowly disappearing. No complains from my girfriend, if you know what I mean.

Steps to follow:
    Decrease to 8.3 the dosage of Bicalutamide daily and see if improvement continues as expected.

As you can see, this is a constant struggle; however I am hopeful.

Will keep on posting updates.

I have been now in topical bicalutamide for a month and a half:

I reduced the dosis because I started to have sides, It deffinetly stopped my sheding!! I am really excited!

Treatment:
    Disolved Bicalutamide in liquid minoxidil 5% to get a dosage of 10mg of Bica and 2 ml of Minox every day.
    1.25 Finasteride in the morning

Results:
    Shedding stopped massively. I usually lost around 45 to 70 hairs every time I shuffled my hair, now I juse see a total of 10 or 15.

Sides:
    I started problems with erections and saw no difference after a while on the same dosages

Treatment:
    Disolved Bicalutamide in liquid minoxidil 5% to get a dosage of 6.5mg of Bica and 2 ml of Minox every day divides in two doses Morning and Night
    1.25 Finasteride in the morning every other day

Results:
    Same results. Shedding stopped massively. I usually lost around 45 to 70 hairs every time I shuffled my hair, now I juse see a total of 10 or 15.

Sides:
    I stopped having problems with boners and everything appears to be going well

Steps to follow:
    Continue with tratment and will continue posting

Hello, that's an interesting treatment/experiment. I am wondering if you can use it every other day since bicalutamide has a good half-life and it's building up systemic. Could you explain a bit further how you dissolve it into Minoxidil? I mean buying Casodex(Bicalutamide) pills, pulverizing them, and throw them inside? Thank you

Yeah, I am now sticking to daily los doses based on the studies to maintain certain level of action on the scalp. Indeed I crush the pills of 50mg of bicalutamide calculating the dosage desired of 6.5 per day.

Thank you very much for your response! I believe that with a bit lower mg dose maybe bica will be good because it's very strong.So, you are pulverizing about 4*50mg Bica pills into 60 ml of Minoxidil?(That makes 0.33% solution=3,3mg/ml) Thank you very much again

I might actually lower the dosage after a month of sticking and reviewing the results. Will keep on posting.

Have you experienced any signs of gyno, i.e. puffy nipples, tenderness in the chest? It's supposed to be one of the most common side effects of bica when taken orally. How long have you been on topical bica and when did you start noticing results?

Asking cause I've been losing ground on oral dut and am interested in trying topical bica too.

Not gyno at all, I take low topical doses to minimize the probability of getting it. I have been on bica for almost two months and a half. I noticed that the shedding stopped on two weeks.

Is Bica a anti androgen in general or does it just combat DHT?

Anti androgen