+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    I was reading that nature's sunshine's product doesn't really specify whether its r or s equal, and reps for the company havent answered that question upon request. Naturemade, probably the biggest supplement company, was talking about releasing an s equol product some 4 years ago but there hasnt been any updates recently.
    This is the right one ; https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/product/equelle/

http://equelle.jp

You can buy it on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    This is the right one ; https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/product/equelle/

http://equelle.jp

You can buy it on e-bay.
    Looks legit, Otsuka is a very reputable pharma company. It is on the expensive side, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try if it means just dumping it into a bottle of minoxidil and posting before and after pics.

It seems to me that we are going to have a new maintance drug. If the price will be low, Fin or Dut will not be necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kuba197 View Post
    It seems to me that we are going to have a new maintance drug. If the price will be low, Fin or Dut will not be necessary anymore.
    Anyone know why NatureMade has spent years studying s-equol instead of releasing a damn product already? It's not like they can patent the molecule since it is naturally occurring.

Anyone know why NatureMade has spent years studying s-equol instead of releasing a damn product already? It's not like they can patent the molecule since it is naturally occurring.
    You want that specific product you buy from Otsuka.. Look at their site;

Not everyone can produce S-equol after eating soy. Therefore, Pharmavite LLC, a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., developed a rigorous clinical trials program to study a nutritional supplement containing S-equol to help manage menopausal symptoms. Additionally, researchers are studying S-equol for other potential health benefits.
    supplement," said coauthor Belinda H. Jenks, Ph.D., director of Scientific Affairs & Nutrition Education at Pharmavite LLC, the makers of Nature Made® vitamins and minerals and a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., which supported the study.

It would be nice to see something like this that is affordable and can accomplish the same as propecia for just maintaining. If this worked though why would it not have sides just like propecia? This way or the enzyme the end result is just lower DHT

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    It would be nice to see something like this that is affordable and can accomplish the same as propecia for just maintaining. If this worked though why would it not have sides just like propecia? This way or the enzyme the end result is just lower DHT
    The problem with inhibiting 5 alpha reductase is that the enzyme is responsible for producing neurosteroids that are involved in sex drive, mood, and believe it or not tear formation. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors decrease tear formation leading to dry eye, and this is well documented.

The problem with inhibiting 5 alpha reductase is that the enzyme is responsible for producing neurosteroids that are involved in sex drive, mood, and believe it or not tear formation. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors decrease tear formation leading to dry eye, and this is well documented.
    Yeah actually I guess that is true. That is one of the big things that has kind of made me very hesitant to ever try finasteride myself over the years. The 5 ar 3 enzyme discovered after fin supposedly only stopped the 5-ar 2 is a little nerve racking when you consider how little anyone knows about the brain like neurosteroids. I mean anything going wrong there will never be fixable because no one has any idea how it works.
    Yes for the last 25 years we have been wishing for a safer alternative to fin to just hair on our heads now yet alone regrowing anything. Still waiting.

Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Theoretically, this would bind to DHT locally where it is applied. That would prevent the DHT from binding to the androgen receptor. Viola! No more baldness. Or no more balding, rather.