+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gambitrl7 View Post
    I tried finasteride. I don't get on well with it tbh - side effects, although I will try Saw Palmetto, an alleged natural DHT blocker
    Don't waste your time with saw palmetto,if it actually works it will cause the same side effects. Maybe topical fin could work and not cause sides

Hi again all.

So, 2 years and 8 months post procedure as above (See pics throughout thread). Results not good considering I had 3720 grafts. See pics as of today. Not a complete failure but not the result I'd hoped for. The clinic agree that it hasn't been up to standard and have offered me a free revision. They estimate another 3000 grafts.

I am accepting but with reservations. I fear depleting my donor area should it fail again, and also for further loss. Just after opinions on best course of action and thoughts!

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	27-01-22 a.jpg

Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	72053   Click image for larger version

Name:	27-01-22 b.jpg

Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	72054   Click image for larger version

Name:	27-01-22 c.jpg

Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	72055   Click image for larger version

Name:	27-01-22 d.jpg

Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	72056  

Doctor Representative

Gambit,

I’d really like to see some before pictures. I know the first three photos you posted in the original post or before pictures however, they don’t really show the full scalp so it’s really hard to get an idea of how well the hair grew. That said, if I were to judge your results based on the only before photos you presented, I would agree that they are less than optimal. Obviously, your surgeon seems to agree and I think it’s good that they are willing to provide you with a repair procedure. Did your surgeon Provide you with any reasons for why it may not have grown up to standards? I don’t believe you mentioned the name of your surgeon however, I would encourage you to go to a surgeon with a stellar reputation so that you have the best chance of achieving Abdel results the second round. Your surgeon very well may be rabbit roll for all I know however, I’m only mentioning this because while saving money is important, donor hair is limited and once you use it, it’s gone forever.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant.

Hi, Thanks for response.

The Clinic is Smile in Istanbul. They seem to have a good reputation.

I don't have many before pics but here is another from top perspective.

They haven't indicated why it went wrong, it's something I will ask in consultation before the new procedure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	43058992_10156645616602394_5782631864393007104_n (2).jpg

Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	72069  

What are the main reasons for a poor result? I was very diligent with aftercare including a few PRP sessions etc

Thanks again

Ok so as I got no other responses, I commited to the revision surgery and had it done today.

Another 2900 grafts to address the issues on the first one. I always saw Smile hair clinic as very professional and experienced, anyway, but my revision was wonderful. They have a fully licensed brand new fitted clinic (last time they operated out of a hospital due to the politics in Turkey around difficulty in obtaining a full license)

Everything was superb, the experience, Dr Erdogan, the cleanliness, the courtesy. I can't knock them at all.

Hoping for a good result. 🤞🏼

Will keep you posted.

Hi again. So just home from Turkey and am hoping someone with experience of hair transplants can ease my mind or calm my nerves (or be honest with me)

Bit upset as on day after surgery, I was getting off my plane and some silly women trying to get her bag from the overheads over balanced, lost control and swung her case in my direction. As a natural instinct I dodged and had a flat bump on the underside of the compartments on the crown grafted area. Imagine standing up undersomething flat and knocking your head. No blood and no real visual change I'd say it was a soft/medium knock rather than a major bump but I've heard flat bumps can be deadly to new grafts.

How worried should I be?

Level with me guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitrl7 View Post
    Hi again. So just home from Turkey and am hoping someone with experience of hair transplants can ease my mind or calm my nerves (or be honest with me)

Bit upset as on day after surgery, I was getting off my plane and some silly women trying to get her bag from the overheads over balanced, lost control and swung her case in my direction. As a natural instinct I dodged and had a flat bump on the underside of the compartments on the crown grafted area. Imagine standing up undersomething flat and knocking your head. No blood and no real visual change I'd say it was a soft/medium knock rather than a major bump but I've heard flat bumps can be deadly to new grafts.

How worried should I be?

Level with me guys.
    They say grafts are safe 3 days post? Hopefully no damage to grafts as skins started to heal. I heard this from amiya prasad I think