+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

PHase I was just safety, they're unlikely to release efficacy data....if they even gave it enough time to work.

looks good

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    PHase I was just safety, they're unlikely to release efficacy data....if they even gave it enough time to work.
    Anyone notice how they used a higher dosage during Phase I safety trials? Phase I used 0.05%, 0.15%, and 0.45%, while Phase II is using only 0.15% and 0.25%. Would there be safety issues regarding manipulating WNT pathways?

The only other explanation is that they found 0.45% unnecessary and are narrowing down to the most efficient dosage.

Doesn't this work similar to Histogen?

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    Kind of but not really. Histogen is growth factors which activate numerous pathways of which the WNT pathways is one of them. This drug merely activates the WNT pathway if I am correct. So different MoAs above all.

I think they just wanted to overdose just to check the tolerable range. But there are definitely safety issues with Wnt - it is an important signal in cancer growth.

regarding cancer, from my understanding is that wnt cause proliferation of cells and over expressed in caner cells which provide cancer the ability to spread and proliferate fast. in addition wnt is also required for certain type of carcinogenesis. the over proliferation of cells can lead to mutation that causes cancer. this is why wnt is effective in hair regeneration because it causes cells differentiation and proliferation.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    Anyone notice how they used a higher dosage during Phase I safety trials? Phase I used 0.05%, 0.15%, and 0.45%, while Phase II is using only 0.15% and 0.25%. Would there be safety issues regarding manipulating WNT pathways?

The only other explanation is that they found 0.45% unnecessary and are narrowing down to the most efficient dosage.

Phase I trials are done to assess the safety of the treatment. They are done at doses higher than what would be administered in the final commercial product. You have to be able to define the toxicity, or lack there of, at the dosage levels intended to be used in the general public. The only way to do this is by exceeding the therapeutic dose and seeing if there is toxicity. If the safety profile is clean at a higher dose, they can proceed with future trials with little concern that lower doses would be toxic.

Im wondering by wich mecanism this molecule works. What is the target ? We already have study on hair promoting effect for VPA as gsk3 inhibitor which then increase b catenin in nucleus (proteasome inhibitors also upregulate beta-catenin levels). We also have other good candidate for such purpose like 6-bio wich is a potent, reversible and ATP-competitive gsk3a/β inhibitor. This molecule is used in cell culture to maintain the properties of DP cells intact.

Such molecules are by defintion anti cells proliferation activity so scientific use growth factor such as FGF2 in the media.

There is a lot of question awaiting for an answer for this molecule. I would like more information about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    Im wondering by wich mecanism this molecule works. What is the target ? We already have study on hair promoting effect for VPA as gsk3 inhibitor which then increase b catenin in nucleus (proteasome inhibitors also upregulate beta-catenin levels). We also have other good candidate for such purpose like 6-bio wich is a potent, reversible and ATP-competitive gsk3a/β inhibitor. This molecule is used in cell culture to maintain the properties of DP cells intact.
    They have not released the mechanism by which it works, it might be a GSK-3b modulator, in which case I expect it to be more potent than VPA or 6BIO. This is a Pfizer molecule which the firm found in their chemical library and have the rights to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    Such molecules are by defintion anti cells proliferation activity so scientific use growth factor such as FGF2 in the media.
    This is not correct, it will promote cell proliferation.

I hope we can get some more information about this trial, hopefully we will get updated through the 2nd trial so we will know the effectiveness. Somebody should sign up from the forum that would be awesome. I hope it will be more selective and better acting than something like VPA, that would be awesome.