+ Reply to Thread

Default 5, 569 FUE RESULTS DR MARAS (HDC CLINIC) UPDATED 2 years later

Hello Everyone. I have come back to quickly update the forum with my results and personal experience after 2 years with my results from Dr Maras and the HDC clinic in Cyprus. You can find the original thread i made back then by clicking the following link.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...HDC-clinic%29?

In short, being a norwood 5 or so prior, I had my first procedure in January 2019 with the clinic to target the frontal region with a total of 3,069 grafts. A year and a half later, i had a second procedure in August 2020 in order to fill in the rest of the scalp with 2,500 grafts.

Prior to contacting the clinic, these are the pre-operative pictures of my hair:

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-4.jpg

Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	70094Click image for larger version

Name:	15FB48FE-B348-44A4-BF5E-09920F806C32.jpg

Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	70102

Taken Immediately after the 2nd procedure:

Name:	thumbnail.jpg

Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	70098

Taken 3 days after the 2nd procedure:

Name:	8F9DB7CC-579D-43F1-BA43-FD683BCE048B.jpg

Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	70099

And taken a week after:

Name:	9D50E25C-1C33-4F1B-9EA9-CBD3F11C6CF1.jpg

Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	70103

Hairline taken 2 years after first procedure:

Name:	thumbnail-5.jpg

Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	70095Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-6.jpg

ID:	70101

Crown 7 months after 2nd procedure:

Name:	thumbnail-3.jpg

Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	70096

Top And Crown taken outdoors in the sun and under the brightest natural light possible with the hair combed forward so nothing is covered up. I imagine i could use a little concealer to thicken it up a little further but its not that important, as i usually prefer to comb the hair to the side to make it appear thicker.

Name:	thumbnail-1.jpg

Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	70097

Comparison pictures of the top prior and after FUE at HDC:

Name:	15FB48FE-B348-44A4-BF5E-09920F806C32.jpg

Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	70102 Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-1.jpg

Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	70097

Comparison of the hairline:

Name:	thumbnail-4.jpg

Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	70094Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-6.jpg

ID:	70101

As im currently on month 7 i will update the thread in a few months when i imagine the results should look even better.

Experience at HDC (second time round)

Dr Maras

Just like the first time Dr Maras was extremely professional and very friendly. In my mind he has to be one of the top 5 FUE surgeons in the world without a doubt because he's obviously highly skilled and has had a lot of practice over the years. I actually have never come across a negative result from him so that speaks for itself. His work is incredibly clean, accurate and efficient. During the second day, i actually lost track of the amount of times Dr Maras came just to check on me to see that everything was ok but it must have been something like 4 or 5 times. i was very impressed. Afterwards he was very patient and spent a lot of time reminding me what i should and shouldn't do post op and during the recovery. Overall, excellent results and top professionalism. Definitely one of the best FUE surgeons in the world for a reason and taking everything into consideration i would put him even above Erdogan and Bisanga etc.

George:
    Again like the first time, George who was the customer service advisor for the clinic was outstanding. Professional, answered all my millions of questions, checked on me numerous times during the procedure and during the recovery when frankly he didn't have to. I remember reading during my research and prior to my first surgery with the clinic that other customers who had met him were incredibly impressed with his politeness and professionalism. I guess he appeared to be somewhat of a celebrity on other forums but theres a good reason for that. 10/10 for professionalism and kindness. Absolutely Impossible to find a replacement for this guy. The Guy is one in a million.

The Surgery at HDC:
    The surgery was very straightforward. It was split into two days just like the first surgery. Actually on the second day i was lucky to be the only client in the otherwise very busy clinic which was absolutely great. Dr Maras marked the outline for the grafts and did most of the extractions himself as well the incisions. The technicians who are all incredibly skilled and very polite did the implantations while Dr Maras checked to make sure everything was ok. Every Single Technician there knows exactly what they are doing.

I guess a good thing to point out about HDC is that they have really nice flats, a whole apartment complex situated DIRECTLY opposite the clinic for those that are coming from abroad and wish to stay somewhere. Since its hard to go anywhere in the days after the surgery without being noticed, it doesn't get more convenient than that i suppose.

Why i chose HDC:

To make it absolutely clear, i am in no way afflicted with the clinic. However like many others I had excellent results with HDC and wanted to share them here. During my research i was never able to find a single negative experience about the clinic which speaks for itself. Before my first procedure i spent a lot of time researching clinics around the world as a hair transplant is something you want to get right from the start. I researched top surgeons, Bisanga, Fereduni, Erdogan, Dr Maras, Dr De Reys, Hasson and Wong etc. You get the idea. I would literally have gone anywhere just to get it right from the start. I chose Dr Maras and HDC because they appeared to be the best combination of Safety combined with excellent results.

At the clinic the priority is Safety, which in all honesty it should be. The priority should be achieving a good result without over harvesting or leaving numerous scars etc. I have seen enough failed transplants (especially from turkey) to know the difference. A hair transplant is something you need to get right from the start, so i would strongly advise against thinking about this in terms of just getting the cheapest deal.

This is not a simple cosmetic surgery, this is surgery that requires the surgeon and technicians to have a lot of skill. Once you have the surgery, there is no going back. You do not want to end up being a repair case. Be Safe, Be smart and research as much as possible. If you want to be as safe as possible while getting excellent results, At least Contact HDC if you are considering FUE. If you have any questions you can PM me or just leave them here.

Very good result

Update: Still at 7 months post.
    Picture taken outside and under the sun in natural light. No styling products .

Name:	D47F5154-CEB9-433D-A895-92D754527BF5.jpg

Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	70202