Can WE do something to speed Histogen up??? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    gene editing won't bring our hair back. even if gene editing techniques become common in 20 years, nobody would take that high risk only to become hairloss-proof.

further, i have a feeling that histogen will never come out. something is wrong with that company. i'm just waiting on the day when they announce that everything is canceled and not researched anymore. like it happened with aderans. all of those companies are hiding something or are too incompetent to get the treatment ready. same with follica.
    I don't think Cotsarelis would let Follica fail like that.

Histogen on the other hand...........

I'm depressed about all this, it really pisses me off, iam contemplating getting a ht to fix my hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    gene editing won't bring our hair back. even if gene editing techniques become common in 20 years, nobody would take that high risk only to become hairloss-proof.

further, i have a feeling that histogen will never come out. something is wrong with that company. i'm just waiting on the day when they announce that everything is canceled and not researched anymore. like it happened with aderans. all of those companies are hiding something or are too incompetent to get the treatment ready. same with follica.

You are correct and I can't help but cringe at the naivete of some posters. It's not an issue of timelines but fundamental efficacy and financial benefit. From the standpoint of someone who is only concerned with hair loss it would be worthwhile to spend billions to grow ten terminal hairs. In the real world investors need clear results that you have a viable product.

Histogen has never demonstrated that HSC is a major leap above current, limited technologies. Most of the smarter posters lost faith in the fall of 2012 when they released their dubious photos and were completely unable to show any clear macro-photo evidence that they had a game changing technology. There is a reason people like Dr. Cole ripped them. If you have a game changer it's pretty easy to show people. They couldn't. Do I think their product "works"? Sure, but even right now some people respond well to Acell+PRP, fin/dut, etc. Again, the smarter people pointed out that you will always have extremes. When you are promoting FIN you point to pictures of someone who responded extremely well rather than someone who developed gyno. When you are promoting Acell+PRP you point to cases where there was a strong reversal of miniaturization rather than the countless people with no significant response. In other words, you show the best you have. It's misleading, but it's the nature of business. My younger brother had a friend with a massive balding patch in the crown. The guy started taking FIN and a year later had major reversal. My response, like so many others, was nothing like that. If Histogen is truly a next generation technology their "best" results should be mind blowing. They've shown us nothing.

My guess is that they have something that is a step above Acell+PRP. Certainly this could help people but it's going to be very difficult to get funding when people already have technologies like this and there is a steady ongoing evolution. People are experimenting with Amniofix now, and Greco is always refining his growth factor injection protocol.

Think back to that last Ziering interview in 2012. He kept defending HSC and comparing the skepticism over HSC to the skepticism over ACELL. It was not encouraging at all. People were skeptical about ACELL because it has extremely limited efficacy!

From the standpoint of a hair loss sufferer I obviously want HSC to come out. But, as investor? It would be a tough sell.

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    From the standpoint of a hair loss sufferer I obviously want HSC to come out. But, as investor? It would be a tough sell.
    Bingo! Twenty years ago they could have gotten funding, but they are behind the times. No one wants to invest money into something at this point that is a little better than finasteride and minoxidil. With medical science on the verge of a major breakthough, why risk so much money on a treatment when a cure could come next year and make your investment obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    Bingo! Twenty years ago they could have gotten funding, but they are behind the times. No one wants to invest money into something at this point that is a little better than finasteride and minoxidil. With medical science on the verge of a major breakthough, why risk so much money on a treatment when a cure could come next year and make your investment obsolete.
    Even back in 2009 they were in a much better place. It's no different from the vaporware issue. The more time passes the harder it becomes to justify continuing. There's always a window of opportunity that can be taken advantage of and it's crucial to take advantage of that brief period.

A family friend started a small chain of video rental stores in 80s and made a quite a bit of money. There was a significant market at the time. Trying to open a video rental store in 2002 would have been a terrible idea. Better options were on the way. Only a few niche stores could survive. If you were planning on opening a video rental store in 1987 and kept delaying it, you would be converging on the point in time where it no longer made financial sense to open at all.

I emailed histogen this week and they said they are still fund raising and trying to start the next trial.. I think we can officially say they are done, they clearly can't get the funding they need.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I emailed histogen this week and they said they are still fund raising and trying to start the next trial.. I think we can officially say they are done, they clearly can't get the funding they need.
    You have phone number of them on their website, so why you dont call them and ask them directly? I am not from USA to call them.

What do you want me to ask? like i said, they are still looking for funding after 2 years.

You can call them and ask directly:

- Why they cant have funding after 2 years and what stops them?
    - Is their product too weak and have poor results to get funding from bigger company?

That would be pointless. They will make up an excuse for why they can't get funding, and they will never admit to their product being weak or poor.