Drybone's 1860 Graft Dr Searle Colorado Hair Institute - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Hey .

Yeah, its not like there were no grafts at all. Here is the real problem with both Pizarro and Colorado Hair institute.

They dont see themselves as hair professionals really. They see themselves as folks who provide a service. There is a big difference.

Hair professionals care about their patients but more importantly are aware that guys are walking around with their work on their heads. Its important to them that we look good as it is a direct reflection upon their careers.

Pizarro and CHI could utterly care less what I looked like . They wanted no feedback and did not follow up with me at all.

The second procedure was a waste of time. I am sure there are 200 or 400 grafts that are there. Its too difficult to tell if they all fell out or what happened. But what is for sure is this :

In both cases they told me what I wanted to hear regarding the number of grafts and the density and didnt even come close to delivering. The real problem is that it wasted my time . Now I have to have a third procedure but it will be my last.

Thank you for reading.

I had a terrible experience at CHI. I was left with a horrible scar and foolishly went back there for a revision and ended up with an even worse outcome. I have a scar that is 1/2 inch wide in some places and even with my hair grown out it is noticeable. Everyone please be wary of this place. They are butchers.

I would've rather had a decent car than the botched head these people gave me.

Well its been basically 20 months since the 2nd operation. its fine but its not 1800 grafts. Both procedures combined it was about 1500 grafts, not the 3000 they claimed.

My hair is fine to begin with so it looks like a picket fence but luckily my natural hair behind hit has held so it still looks reasonable. Not bad for a guy who turns 49 in two weeks.

drybone,

I'm in discussion with CHI and you are right they are only offering to fix it. Do you know if they offer FUE procedure and if so would it be worth trying? I'm out of alot of money now....you thoughts?

They cant even fill a prescription for finasteride for me . They simply tell me they are doing it and dont. In my opinion, I would not waste the airfare and expenses to go out there. They will surely nickel and dime you for prescriptions, shampoo and whatnot.

Look. You get what you pay for. I wanted 2500 to 5000 grafts and when I got there it was decided to be 2000 and then it was 1861 with virtually all of them being 1 hair groups.

I estimate that they only put in 700 hairs if that. Its your call. Maybe mine was a lone case. I promised to be fair and objective and I was. It was not worth the effort , expense and now I have to get at least 1 or even 2 more procedures to just get what I wanted the first time.

I know that this is an old post, and it looks like Mr. Drybone hasn't been active since July. but I guess I needed to say something.

Just recently, there was a Black Friday sale from a hair clinic in Newport Beach, CA. 3.99 per graft, down from the 7 bucks.

Not only that, but if you want a Neograft procedure, they would take off 2000 dollars if you got 1000 grafts or higher.

For the longest time, I've been thinking about getting my hair restored (I'm 32 years old, baby faced still). But then..I was thinking to myself..boy this is kinda fishy. Its TOO cheap.

The clinic is owned by Dr. Gerald Searle, DO, and it seems to be a fairly new clinic. The reviews I've seen from real self and yelp were kinda generic at best. There's barely any photos of the facility itself.

Then I wanted to do some research. Then I found out that Searle was involved with , indicted in a marijuana scheme back in Colorado back in 2013. When I read it up, I was thinking 'maybe it was just by happenstance or whatever, but no...Seare was a childhood friend with the dude who had the most charges.

So obviously, Searle was able to keep his practicing as a doctor, so he was never convicted, and moved his practice over to Los Angles/Orange County.

When I found this post by Drybones, the post that stood out the most was from 1/25/2015, which stated that the doctors that worked on his second surgery (including Searle) don't even see themselves as hair restoration professionals. I've done tons of research and again and again, the thing that professionals pointed out is that there is a craft to hair restoration. That it's almost an art form, from the way the hairline looks and density, so it could look legit.

Anyway thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Winston; 11-29-2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

BTW, I just wanna thank Drybones because what he experiences and his opinions does matter, weeding out the lame-os. End of my rant!