+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 210 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    David hall even said by 2015 it will be on market.
    No he didn't. He said the BEST CASE SCENARIO is late 2016.

anyway no one trust cotsarella anymore.
    so maybe is on the good way to find the cure. but probably will be too late if replicel and others will work!

plus gho , that is doing well ... so just let him research , we dont care about him until he show a cure that is realizable in short time and not in 1 million years like everytime.

bye cotsy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    They said late April so probably at the end of the month.

I bet they push it back

Whoa, what the hell? According to that research document's revenue chart, they claim replicel will only be available to a few dozen practitioners for the first few YEARS that it's released and they will only be able to treat people in the low thousands....what the f@$k!? There's millions of people who would want this, why would they offer it to so few people and how will they determine who gets it? If it's $15,000 per treatment that still involves millions of people who are willing to pay that. Am I missing something here? Damn it

So here's a question for the CEO of Replicel: when your product is released in 2015/16, will it be available to everyone who can afford it?
    Last edited by Bronson; 04-02-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: wanted to add a question.

if replicel achieves more or less an achievement, say 15% , they should sell it immediately so that the we would not count everyday so desperately till 2015 or later on.
    otherwise we would have nothing in our hands for 3-4 years, which is very frustrating and consuming.
    it is also the case for aderans and histogen.they just said "we had 62% growth in 6 months and whatever" and then disappeared from the scene
    they should give us a good reason to wait until that "bleak date" of their eventual success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Whoa, what the hell? According to that research document's revenue chart, they claim replicel will only be available to a few dozen practitioners for the first few YEARS that it's released and they will only be able to treat people in the low thousands....what the f@$k!? There's millions of people who would want this, why would they offer it to so few people and how will they determine who gets it? If it's $15,000 per treatment that still involves millions of people who are willing to pay that. Am I missing something here? Damn it

So here's a question for the CEO of Replicel: when your product is released in 2015/16, will it be available to everyone who can afford it?
    Without reading the document myself Bronson, an educated guess says it is likely due to capacity for "production" and until they have a realistic gauge for demand, they aren't going to create the ability to supply it.

While you may think there are millions willing to pay $15k - thats because of how badly *you* want it.

Realistically it will be far, far less then "millions" for the first few years.

Personally, if it works as expected, I can't see it becoming a high-demand treatment until its costs is comparable to that of, say, Lasik surgery or a more modest-priced hair transplant.

(Then there's the factor that, IMO, the general public may be very much sceptical of any hairloss treatment that promises so much. That's if it work/ever becomes widely available, of course.)

looking at how large the HT industry is in dollars will give you an idea for how many men are willing to shell out for high ticket procedures...

then add estimations of men that are waiting to shell out for a "non-HT" high ticket procedure

that number will probably be in the millions, considering there are 7 billion people on earth.

Unfortunately, I bet replicel is a HUGE let down ... about 30 days and counting

I think a lot of how much they'll be able to charge for the procedure is going to be based on how well it works. Though it will be an advancement over what's currently available, i can't see too many people being willing to pay out big money for something that only provides a boost to hair transplants. If they expect to charge a five figure sum, they'll need to demonstrate some serious results. Results that can stand on their own without the need for a transplant. If they don't have that, i just can't see masses of people lining up for it. Who the heck has enough money for a transplant and cell therapy to the tune of 15K? Not many people and certainly not in this economy. The price point would kill their business.

However, if they knock it out of the park and "cure" baldness, i think a lot of people would be willing to go 10-20K. If they could keep the price around the 4-8K range, they would get almost everyone and make an unbelievable amount of money

Here's what I don't get:
    If you get an HT, that means you've implanted new hairs (follicules) in bald spots that have natural dormant hair follicules (the ones that you lost but are still underneath your scalp)... What if you get a Replicel treatment in that area? The dormant cells would activate (OVER?) the newly implanted ones? You'll have some sort of disproportion in that area... It wouldn't be like your natural hairline.
    Can someone explain this to me? How would it work in that case?
    Also how would it work on Minoxidil dependent hair follicules?