+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

I had another idea and potential question for Replicel, especially post announcement. According to Replicel's interviews, they are able to stimulate dormant follicles-turn them back "on" to growing plus they are able to grow brand new follicles.

So, with my non-scientific background, it seems that generating brand new hair follicles can only occur in spaces lacking hair follicles. So, dormant hair follicles essentially sitting there not growing hair will end up taking up space and ultimately prevent a brand new hair follicle from growing in its spot.

Therefore, the amount non-growing hair follicles existing may be a limiting factor in the generation of new hair follicles (assuming that a brand new hair follicle is unable to growth from below).

It will be very interesting to find out the number of new hair follicles generated per cm2 compared to the number of dormant follicles revived per cm2, if such analysis is even possible.

Possibilities:

1) An initial dosage may end up creating as many new hairs as possible, as these new DSC cells seek open prime scalp real estate between dormant follicles.

2) Subsequent dosages may yield fewer new follicles as prime follicle real estate is already taken up by existing dormant follicles and the newly generated follicles from the initial dosage.

3) Subsequent dosages may be more likely to revive existing follicles than create brand new ones.

4) If it is determined that a far higher number of new follicles could be created vs. dormant ones stimulated, would it be possible to perform a reverse FUE to clear scalp space for the generation of new follicles?

Personally, I have a feeling that they will have greater success in reviving existing hair follicles, but there is the possibility that this may not be the case.

They are currently in Phase 2a, does this mean there is a Phase 2b next? how many letters of the alphabet do they go through before getting to Phase 3?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    They are currently in Phase 2a, does this mean there is a Phase 2b next? how many letters of the alphabet do they go through before getting to Phase 3?
    LOL.

I think Phase 3 is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    LOL.

I think Phase 3 is a myth.
    LOL.

Go away.

So are we more excited about Replicel or Histogen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So are we more excited about Replicel or Histogen?
    The majority are most excited about Replicel, because their treatment is more ideal. It will potenitally regrow DHT-resistant follicles. That means no more balding. But it may not be as helpful to people with NW7, as for people with NW2-3, because a stopper for a balding progression isn't very excited news for a man with no hair.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    It's not uncommon for Phase 2 clinical trials to be divided into Phase 2a and Phase 2b, but I can't recall ever having seen a Phase 2c trial.

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    According to Replicel's interviews, they are able to stimulate dormant follicles-turn them back "on" to growing plus they are able to grow brand new follicles.
    In an interview a couple of months ago, David Hall (CEO of Replicel) said:

The second key interim object is an indication of efficacy at 6 months or specifically, the increase in density of existing hair and indication of new hair follicles.
    I'm a little puzzled: If Replicel's treatment resulted in an increased hair count, how would they be able to distinguish between regrowth of existing hairs and the creation of new hairs?

I think you can bet on stocks dropping in value and then make a profit of it. If you bet on Replicel's trial results beiing unsuccesful, and ergo considering that the stocks will drop in value, you can make a profit of it. That way you will either make money or have a great hope for the future regarding hairloss. It will be kind of a win-win situation!

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    I think you can bet on stocks dropping in value and then make a profit of it. If you bet on Replicel's trial results beiing unsuccesful, and ergo considering that the stocks will drop in value, you can make a profit of it. That way you will either make money or have a great hope for the future regarding hairloss. It will be kind of a win-win situation!
    TRADING LESSON
    How much can you lose if you bet on a stock going up? Only what you invested in the first place.

How much can you lose if you bet on a stock going down? There is no limit to how much you can lose.