+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Back on RU again for over a month now and already seeing huge improvements in density. Able to cut my hair pretty short again now without worrying so much about my scalp showing. Long way to go yet - I'd say I'm still NW3 but definitely a major improvement on how it was 2 months ago.
    WHy did you drop Ru before and how long were you on it? Also Where did you buy it? kane, purlab, some other site?

Quote Originally Posted by machi View Post
    I read that people have good results when using RU . I thought that being an antiandrogen , people who use RU suffer side effects, but I have not read anyone say suffers many side effects. I used finasteride for 7 years and I left because I was suffering side effects. Can I use RU without any side effects? Could I use a low concentration RU minimize side effects ? Has anyone experienced major side effects using RU ?
    Please , I'm desperate with this problem. Can anyone comment? thanks.
    I personally would not worry too much about side effects in comparison with fin/dut. I think most people believe that RU, being a topical with a relatively short half life, the systemic side effects are minimal to nill. Fin completely f*cked me over... I hope to God, by some miracle that RU actually works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hairsugeon View Post
    WHy did you drop Ru before and how long were you on it? Also Where did you buy it? kane, purlab, some other site?
    No particular reason other than laziness. Didn't have any sides or anything like that. I was on it for about six months. Good old Kane/Anagen Inc

I won't make an unscientific comment but will say I tried it for about a year. It did nothing and had some side effects so of course I don't us.

Quote Originally Posted by robodoc View Post
    I won't make an unscientific comment but will say I tried it for about a year. It did nothing and had some side effects so of course I don't us.
    How much per day were you using? also, where did you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Back on RU again for over a month now and already seeing huge improvements in density. Able to cut my hair pretty short again now without worrying so much about my scalp showing. Long way to go yet - I'd say I'm still NW3 but definitely a major improvement on how it was 2 months ago.
    That's great diffuseloser, hope it continues for you! It stopped working last time after a while right? What dosage do you use now?

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    That's great diffuseloser, hope it continues for you! It stopped working last time after a while right? What dosage do you use now?
    Hey man. Searched the forum but couldn't find this question even though it's probably been asked:

How long should I wait before ruling out RU doesn't work for me? 3-4 months like the other drugs? I've seen people post here saying they saw results with days..?? I've been on for a week and nothing.

Thanks. If I see results, I'll post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post
    Hey man. Searched the forum but couldn't find this question even though it's probably been asked:

How long should I wait before ruling out RU doesn't work for me? 3-4 months like the other drugs? I've seen people post here saying they saw results with days..?? I've been on for a week and nothing.

Thanks. If I see results, I'll post them here.
    I think every person should thoroughly research the natural hair cycle before starting any regiment... No one saw results within days, or it was just an illusion. If you have true MPB, the thin vellous hairs have no chance of just "turning terminal" without falling out first and allowing the follicle to start a new cycle. Therefor, it needs to enter telogen, and the hair fiber is released 3-4 months later. THEN, a thicker hair can START to regrow. it takes time man, a lot of time. The process is painfully slow, especially if you are emotionally devastated and thinning quickly. Also, for a cessation of excessive shedding - expect to wait at least 3-4 months. The EARLIEST one could start to visually notice any results would be 3-4 months, and that's being optimistic. I think it is possible to notice earlier results if you are catching certain follicles at the right time. i.e... if you have been experiencing a lot of telogen hairs and you start applying RU, there is a possibility that by antagonizing the androgens that would prevent that hair from regrowing, you may allow it to properly regrow, perhaps even stronger and thicker. In conclusion - who the hell knows. haha... BUT you have to stick with it for a LONG time like any treatment. I will give RU at least 8-10 months before throwing in the towel. FOR SOME people, an alleviation of scalp symptoms can be a huge sign - so pay attention to that. ME ON FINASTERIDE - horrible dandruff, scalp itch, creeping sensations. ME OFF FINASTERIDE AND ON RU - Within two weeks that is minimal to nill. So, listen to your body at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I think every person should thoroughly research the natural hair cycle before starting any regiment... No one saw results within days, or it was just an illusion. If you have true MPB, the thin vellous hairs have no chance of just "turning terminal" without falling out first and allowing the follicle to start a new cycle. Therefor, it needs to enter telogen, and the hair fiber is released 3-4 months later. THEN, a thicker hair can START to regrow. it takes time man, a lot of time. The process is painfully slow, especially if you are emotionally devastated and thinning quickly. Also, for a cessation of excessive shedding - expect to wait at least 3-4 months. The EARLIEST one could start to visually notice any results would be 3-4 months, and that's being optimistic. I think it is possible to notice earlier results if you are catching certain follicles at the right time. i.e... if you have been experiencing a lot of telogen hairs and you start applying RU, there is a possibility that by antagonizing the androgens that would prevent that hair from regrowing, you may allow it to properly regrow, perhaps even stronger and thicker. In conclusion - who the hell knows. haha... BUT you have to stick with it for a LONG time like any treatment. I will give RU at least 8-10 months before throwing in the towel. FOR SOME people, an alleviation of scalp symptoms can be a huge sign - so pay attention to that. ME ON FINASTERIDE - horrible dandruff, scalp itch, creeping sensations. ME OFF FINASTERIDE AND ON RU - Within two weeks that is minimal to nill. So, listen to your body at the same time.
    Thanks for responding. I've also been taking Seti, since November. Would it be premature to discontinue that treatment also if I have't seen results?

It's 100% pointless to start any hair loss treatment and then stop prematurely. The thing that really sucks about hair, is that the process is painfully slow. Remember that first the hair has to shed, then regrow. Hair grows about 1/4" a month!! hair that has been impacted by MPB perhaps even slower... stick any treatment out for at least 8-10 months.