+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My doctor said I was a NW1 and my hair loss is by far worse than yours. However, i progressed from a completely straight hairline, NW0 literally.

I would still see a doctor, messing with your hormones when you're still in puberty is not smart when not supervised by a professional.

And yes I take finansteride at the age of 19, but I had it prescribed by a dermatologist, who monitors me. Which I would strongly recommend you do as well

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    My doctor said I was a NW1 and my hair loss is by far worse than yours. However, i progressed from a completely straight hairline, NW0 literally.

I would still see a doctor, messing with your hormones when you're still in puberty is not smart when not supervised by a professional.

And yes I take finansteride at the age of 19, but I had it prescribed by a dermatologist, who monitors me. Which I would strongly recommend you do as well
    This is pretty good advice. Nothing wrong with playing it a little safe. Especially at such a young age.

Update:

Been on propecia for 8 days, I have have had no side effects which I am happy about (literally nothing) *touch wood*

I haven't noticed any changes in my hair not that I would expect to this early. I haven't noticed any dramatic shedding either... Hopefully I'll shed soon and I can start evaluating what propecia is gonna do for my hair all exciting yet nervous stuff guys

Also, after reading a lot about nizoral shampoo it seems to be a wise component to battling hair loss so I may add that to my hair care regime

I'll update you all in around 3 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomb View Post
    Update:

Been on propecia for 8 days, I have have had no side effects which I am happy about (literally nothing) *touch wood*

I haven't noticed any changes in my hair not that I would expect to this early. I haven't noticed any dramatic shedding either... Hopefully I'll shed soon and I can start evaluating what propecia is gonna do for my hair all exciting yet nervous stuff guys

Also, after reading a lot about nizoral shampoo it seems to be a wise component to battling hair loss so I may add that to my hair care regime

I'll update you all in around 3 weeks!
    Hate to say I told you so it's like popping a mint every day. Okay a bit early to say. Just live your life for now. Don't look for regrowth etc. You're hair will feel different
    And more strong about a month in. But nothing will change significantly about it this early in. 1 year in if you're hair is no different in my opinion that's progress you would have lost hair in that year if you weren't on it. Hopefully you do have regrowth. I don't doubt for a second you won't. Take your pills and forget about them and have a good time.

Yes mribby it's that easy

So 28 day update:

I haven't noticed any regrowth, however most of my hair worry is linked to miniaturised hair which I think is beginning to look thicker.

Side effects: about 2 weeks into using propecia my right nipple was swollen for 2 days, it didn't look like a pancake lol it just hurt and was a bit inflamed.. Not sure if this was to do with the propecia but it cleared up after 2 days and I really can honestly say I haven't noticed any other side effects... No decrease in libido..

Whist being on propecia I seem to ease up about my hair loss, probably because I know I'm doing everything in my power to stop it. It's a good feeling

Forgot to add.. Haven't noticed any big shedding, maybe an increase in hair fall some days.. I dunno lol

Glad to hear things are working out for you. Hopefully you will have continued success.

Update:

Been on propecia just over 2 months, I've began to shed hair so presumably my body is responding to the drug...

The shedding is quite excessive but it I know that it's likely to be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomb View Post
    Update:

Been on propecia just over 2 months, I've began to shed hair so presumably my body is responding to the drug...

The shedding is quite excessive but it I know that it's likely to be a good sign.
    Just ride through it. Things will turn around. Have patience and you will reap the rewards.

Not sure if anyone still uses this forum? Anyhow, I haven’t posted in almost 6 years. I’ve been on finasteride daily since I first posted and my hair is pretty much the same. Not sure if I mentioned this in earlier posts, but I still don’t have any visible recession on my right temple. Perhaps the fin has halted any loss from occurring there. However, as of lately I feel as though my left temple has thinned more? I don’t know if this is because I moved lately and the bathroom lighting is different..

I’ve been thinking about going on dutasteride. From reading bits on the internet, the science behind it seems impressive. Blocking 2 types of DHT rather than 1. I wonder if anybody has made this transition with good results?