+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Quote Originally Posted by Adaku View Post
    Disappointing news, my blood test results are work:

No Equol: DHT 44 ng/dL
    48 MG Equol: DHT 41 ng/dL

Only a three ng/dL difference in total DHT. This would make sense with PinotQ's total DHT results, as the 144mg he was taking would reduce his levels by about ~10 ng/dL, putting his finasteride-only levels around ~17 ng/dL. PinotQ, any thoughts on the results?

I'm thinking that the equol works, but it'd be prohibitively expensive. I'd think you'd need at least 250 mg daily to have an effect that'd come close to fin. That'd be just about $30/day, or about $900/month perpetually, which isn't worth it in my opinion.
    Adaku, I will have been off of equol for 2 weeks on friday when I will take my second DHT test. I'm not expecting much of a change over baseline. But given your unexpected results (and what I anticipate will be mine), I sent an email to one of the foremost equol experts that has authored many of the studies and is listed on some of the patents. He sent me one of his most recent studies regarding equol and BHP. One of the questions I asked was whether a DHT blood test would be capable of measuring what effect equol has on serum DHT. He did not answer that directly but he sent me a recent study showing a 21% reduction in 5α-DHT was observed in the severely symptomatic group and here was no change in the moderately symptomatic group. The study says that the reasons the moderately symptomatic men did not display any
    alterations in 5α-DHT levels during the intervention were unknown. He also said that the balance of total vs. free (T and/or DHT) represents a mechanism that may or may not change with equol dosing. FYI He did not recommend mega dosing for hair loss noting that taking such high doses may not be the best route to reach scalp follicles...........and suggesting that a topical application might be more effective.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Adaku, I will have been off of equol for 2 weeks on friday when I will take my second DHT test. I'm not expecting much of a change over baseline. But given your unexpected results (and what I anticipate will be mine), I sent an email to one of the foremost equol experts that has authored many of the studies and is listed on some of the patents. He sent me one of his most recent studies regarding equol and BHP. One of the questions I asked was whether a DHT blood test would be capable of measuring what effect equol has on serum DHT. He did not answer that directly but he sent me a recent study showing a 21% reduction in 5α-DHT was observed in the severely symptomatic group and here was no change in the moderately symptomatic group. The study says that the reasons the moderately symptomatic men did not display any
    alterations in 5α-DHT levels during the intervention were unknown. He also said that the balance of total vs. free (T and/or DHT) represents a mechanism that may or may not change with equol dosing. FYI He did not recommend mega dosing for hair loss noting that taking such high doses may not be the best route to reach scalp follicles...........and suggesting that a topical application might be more effective.
    I'm ordering 100 grams today from a lab (they sent me a certificate) in china. I've got the high precision scale (0.01 gram) and I'll be taking 0.5 grams daily for 200 days straight. I'll document the process with pics (if anything is about to happen).

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    I'm ordering 100 grams today from a lab (they sent me a certificate) in china. I've got the high precision scale (0.01 gram) and I'll be taking 0.5 grams daily for 200 days straight. I'll document the process with pics (if anything is about to happen).
    maybe you could use that vesapro vehicle to make a cream?

So who's going to try topical s eqoul can we just Pop a few in minoxdill ?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    maybe you could use that vesapro vehicle to make a cream?
    Possible.
    But right now I really want to get started with this. It's on its way from china as we speak.
    I think 0.5 grams daily should show results, hopefully in 3 months.. I can make cream or sth with rest of it, or rather that electro device that puts it under skin.
    Applying a creme every night is really pain in the 4ss, I'm on a managing position in the company and in contact with people all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    So who's going to try topical s eqoul can we just Pop a few in minoxdill ?
    depends on the molecular weight(Dalton). Typically, chemicals need to have a molecular weight of 500 Daltons or less to penetrate the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu2 View Post
    depends on the molecular weight(Dalton). Typically, chemicals need to have a molecular weight of 500 Daltons or less to penetrate the skin.
    The molecular weight of s-equol is 242.27 g/mol. Not sure exactly how the conversion works but I believe equol is well under 500 Daltons and is classified as a small molecule. This link suggests 1 Dalton is equol to 1 g/mol: https://thetfp.com/tfp/tilted-knowle...ons-g-mol.html

get some of desmond's vesapro creme and try it. Its like 20 bucks for a tube.

Does any one think s eqoul will be effective as a topical and how would I make it in to a topical ?

Hey guys,

So it has been about 2 months since I started taking 54mg equol per day. Here are some updates:

• I am still shedding like the family dog.
    • The wrinkles on my forehead are nearly gone and my skin looks a lot smoother
    • More importantly, I am seeing new hairs growing out on the front. Some of the hairs are vellus, but many of them appear to be terminal black hair coming out. The new hairs starting coming out about 1-2 weeks ago.

As for any sides I haven't experienced any. My body weight is unchanged and everything in the pants is functioning normally.

I'll update you guys again at the 3 month mark.