+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by just2hairs View Post
    So why are you here? Just to piss on people?
    To warn them not to waste their time reading this, obviously.

This is going to lead nowhere. I've been on these forums for 7 years, this kind of thread never leads to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

This is going to lead nowhere. I've been on these forums for 7 years, this kind of thread never leads to anything.
    this is true, however... Very well researched and put together, but it is no answer and there is no reasonable protocol for this.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Even if this leads to nowhere, i appreciate people sharing their knowledge and research. I rather read FGF11's findings than your negative rants...which REALLY leads to nowhere.

Hi fred970

Well, instead of wasting your time reading my stuff here. I suggest you watch this movie, it's based on a true story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZV_bMgB-zA

never underestimate the power of a very motivated person

And always remember this:

"be the change you want to see in the world"

Hope you have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by just2hairs View Post
    Even if this leads to nowhere, i appreciate people sharing their knowledge and research. I rather read FGF11's findings than your negative rants...which REALLY leads to nowhere.
    You probably don't know Fred's history

He also shared his "knowledge and research", rallied against "negative rants", had a bunch of supporters from the start, specially in "alternative" forums he was sort of a celebrity

Then he really started to lose his hair

Since then he did a complete rework of his personality and became an skeptic, which got him banned from the forum he was so loved.

I admire Fred because unlike many "gurus" and scam pushers that exists in these place, at least he admitted he did wrong, spread a lot of misinformation, and is trying to make up for it. Some just disappear or hop into the next scam

Quote Originally Posted by FGF11 View Post
    Hi fred970

Well, instead of wasting your time reading my stuff here. I suggest you watch this movie, it's based on a true story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZV_bMgB-zA

never underestimate the power of a very motivated person

And always remember this:

"be the change you want to see in the world"

Hope you have a great day
    What is so ironic is that Fred is accusing you of being a troll, whilst he himself is the biggest troll in this entire thread.

I figured out a novel way to do my experiments in a much larger scale and for a longer amount of time, this is for me a very important time. So as of now I have decided to go ahead with this. (I may or may not however do this, also I may or may not post my results here), If I decide to go with it (after I totally get sure if it's safe), it probably will six or eight months, or even more till I get sure it works. Well, what I can say it's my hobby. Everyone has hobby, right? Anyways, here I wrote a last "scientific" reply further supporting it might be possible to reverse HF miniaturization. This time, I'm "REALLY" off this tread though. I appreciate those few critical responses I've got, from xyz123, chemical, swooping and everyone else for appreciating me writing my theory here. Good Luck.

Current drug treatments for MPP, Finasteride and Minoxidil, usually have only marginal effect on hair density. This is, despite the fact that, the bald region of scalp in MPB patients still retains the capacity for full regeneration of its hair follicles (1). In an experiment done by Krajcik et al, authors showed that not only hair follicles (HFs) from bald scalp can grow as fast as HFs from hairy scalp when transplanted onto the back skin of SCID mice, but also strikingly, they even produce a thicker shaft (2). Reversal of MPB has also been reported in patients on immune-related drugs (3). These data are promising as they provide the interested researcher with the much needed confidence that transformation of vellus hairs from bald region of scalp to terminal hairs, is indeed, possible. However, there are still contradictory data, around the possibility of restoring healthy cycle back to miniaturized HFs.

References

1. Garza LA, Yang CC, Zhao T, Blatt HB, Lee M, He H, et al. Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. J Clin Invest. 2011 Feb;121(2):613-22.

2. Krajcik RA, Vogelman JH, Malloy VL, Orentreich N. Transplants from balding and hairy androgenetic alopecia scalp regrow hair comparably well on immunodeficient mice. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003;48(5):752-9.

3. Fenton DA, English JS, Wilkinson JD. Reversal of male-pattern baldness, hypertrichosis, and accelerated hair and nail growth in patients receiving benoxaprofen. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1982;284(6324):1228-9.

may a proteasome inhibitor?

J Biol Chem. 2002 Sep 27;277(39):36570-6. Epub 2002 Jul 15.
    Proteasome activity is required for androgen receptor transcriptional activity via regulation of androgen receptor nuclear translocation and interaction with coregulators in prostate cancer cells.

Lin HK1, Altuwaijri S, Lin WJ, Kan PY, Collins LL, Chang C.

Author information

Abstract
    Upon binding to androgen, the androgen receptor (AR) can translocate into the nucleus and bind to androgen response element(s) to modulate its target genes. Here we have shown that MG132, a 26 S proteasome inhibitor, suppressed AR transactivation in an androgen-dependent manner in prostate cancer LNCaP and PC-3 cells. In contrast, MG132 showed no suppressive effect on glucocorticoid receptor transactivation. Additionally, transfection of PSMA7, a proteasome subunit, enhanced AR transactivation in a dose-dependent manner. The suppression of AR transactivation by MG132 may then result in the suppression of prostate-specific antigen, a well known marker used to monitor the progress of prostate cancer. Further mechanistic studies indicated that MG132 may suppress AR transactivation via inhibition of AR nuclear translocation and/or inhibition of interactions between AR and its coregulators, such as ARA70 or TIF2. Together, our data suggest that the proteasome system plays important roles in the regulation of AR activity in prostate cancer cells and may provide a unique target site for the development of therapeutic drugs to block androgen/AR-mediated prostate tumor growth.
    PMID: 12119296 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text
    Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+

Good luck FGF11 - we will be awaiting your return in 6-8 months Your thread has gotten close to 10,000 views in less than 48 hours - which goes to show that you've gotten many people interested (not many journal articles can compete with those numbers ).

Pull this off and you'll grab the attention of the whole world - and become a billionaire in the process And if you don't - that's OK too - I think we've all learned from your posts.

Here's to hoping that you return with good news in mid-2016!

FGF11 - You have definitely done your research. I for one appreciate the self starting science you are doing. However, I do not think your path will be successful. As you know, when someone has started balding and is castrated they will not grow all of the miniaturized hair back. There is only a MINIMAL amount of active androgens without testicles. There is more going on here than just androgens. Something is causing a calcification/scarring type effect and also damaging the DNA of the cells. This has all been published. For many people minoxidil works much better than Finasteride for growth stimulation, which has nothing to do with androgens, but probably has more to do with removal of the scar like tissue by being a calcium channel blocker and also limiting collagen formation.