+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trigger for MPB

Default Trigger for MPB

Does anyone know what's the trigger for MPB? or what are the risk factors?

Are there any theories? Do all TWINS experience MPB at the same age?

I recenty wondered this because I just call back to my country in brazil and asked for my uncles hair issues and well they all are norwood 2s and theyre +50.

I am aware that they all carry the balding gene from my grandmother's brother who is a norwood 6 but at 70...but they never seem to develop hair loss (YET).

However I seem to be the only guy in both sides of my family to be balding at early age...

so what was the trigger? why did it strike me young?

WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WRONG

You can inherit hereditary hair loss from either side of your family - and it is not unheard of for it to skip a generation or two - or three - or four. Very few people in this world have no hereditary hair loss in their family trees.

The primary trigger is DHT. Stressful events, periods of poor nutrition or trauma can all be triggers that kick start it early - but the main trigger is DHT.

thanks but I'm trying to find out if there's anything I did to kick-start my hair loss.

Or was it written in stone that i start balding at a certain age?

Why some people go bald later in life? They must've done something good...

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    thanks but I'm trying to find out if there's anything I did to kick-start my hair loss.
    Did you read my post?

Oftentimes there is just no rhyme or reason for why male pattern baldness can occur; it can just be the result of f****d up genetic qualities manifesting themselves in some people while not in others. For example, my cousin on my mother's side has a bald father, a bald maternal grandfather, a bald uncle, and two bald cousins, yet at 50 years old he still has a full head of hair. I've got much less baldness in my family (due to the paternal side) yet I'm losing my hair and I'm 33 years old. Like toxic flies in the ointment, baldness genes can randomly affect certain people while not others.

i wanted to know what can/may activate the gene. For example, say a father who starts to recede at 40 but his son starts at 19. They both had high lvls of DHT throughout their lives and the gene of baldness where always present.

About the traumas/poor nutrition/ stress my father had all of those he was at war...he also suffered from hunger (not in war) and had so much stress due to insane amount of injuries (he recovered from them all) i saw his pictures at my age he had an insane amount of hair in his 20s 30s.

Baldness did not skip him, he is a norwood 2 approaching to 3 in his 50s.

Yet here I am.

I appreciate your input and what you do for all of us Tracy but what you said I believe accelerates already existing MPB and i was looking for a theory on this genetic expression phenomena but maybe youre right high spikes of DHT can kick start it but how did I cause this? I'm not sure, maybe it was written in stone.

I hear what you're saying bro, but oftentimes there is just no rhyme or reason when attempting to decipher what triggers the onset of male pattern baldness or even if there is such a thing that will trigger it at a random time. I know one guy who is 45 years old, has baldness in his family, and did lots of drugs in his younger days, which I would think would trigger baldness. He's always eaten like shit and is at least 300 pounds. Yet at 45 years old, he still has a full head of hair. I look at some of my rock n roll musicians who have done staggering amounts of drugs throughout the years (which I would think would trigger MPB more than anything), yet in older age they still have great heads of hair. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are great example, and I think Mick has bald siblings. My friend's father is 60 years old and has done enough drinking in his lifetime to be a walking corpse, yet despite suffering from what I believe is alcohol-related dementia, he still has the fullest head of hair. From my personal experience: I've been weightlifting my entire life and at 6 feet, 240 pounds, I've always been more of a power-lifter/muscle builder. And in order to build muscle, you need reasonable amounts of testosterone. And the more free testosterone you have floating around in your bloodstream, the greater the chance more of it is converted into DHT, which is believed to cause hair loss. I wonder about all of these external triggers all the time, but ultimately I think MPB just comes down to bad genetics, lousy timing of said genetics, and overall bad luck. BTW, I see you're from NJ. I used to hang out there all the time and have been to some kool clubs out there like the Starland Ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I hear what you're saying bro, but oftentimes there is just no rhyme or reason when attempting to decipher what triggers the onset of male pattern baldness or even if there is such a thing that will trigger it at a random time. I know one guy who is 45 years old, has baldness in his family, and did lots of drugs in his younger days, which I would think would trigger baldness. He's always eaten like shit and is at least 300 pounds. Yet at 45 years old, he still has a full head of hair. I look at some of my rock n roll musicians who have done staggering amounts of drugs throughout the years (which I would think would trigger MPB more than anything), yet in older age they still have great heads of hair. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are great example, and I think Mick has bald siblings. My friend's father is 60 years old and has done enough drinking in his lifetime to be a walking corpse, yet despite suffering from what I believe is alcohol-related dementia, he still has the fullest head of hair. From my personal experience: I've been weightlifting my entire life and at 6 feet, 240 pounds, I've always been more of a power-lifter/muscle builder. And in order to build muscle, you need reasonable amounts of testosterone. And the more free testosterone you have floating around in your bloodstream, the greater the chance more of it is converted into DHT, which is believed to cause hair loss. I wonder about all of these external triggers all the time, but ultimately I think MPB just comes down to bad genetics, lousy timing of said genetics, and overall bad luck. BTW, I see you're from NJ. I used to hang out there all the time and have been to some kool clubs out there like the Starland Ballroom.
    I guess having the MPB gene is like having a gun pointed at your head playing russian roulette your entire life. Some may skip the bullet all together.

Thanks for your input bro...I just wished we had started balding like 5 -6 heck even 2 years later...I'm pretty sure by that time (this time is not joke) in 5 years we will have an insane treatment be it aderans or replicel.

haha yeah i think starland will have those MMA fighters soon, i might check that out.... of course wearing my all mighty hat .

Scorpion

One answer - inferior genes.