18 y/o - RU58841 or Finasteride? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You would have to be silly to even think about RU over fin. Fin has piles of evidence and basically was the biggest breakthrough in hair loss in all of history. It single handedly made MPB a treatable condition for the first time and has been in real world use for 25 or 30 years proving its safe. RU is an experimental chemical with almost nothing but purely anecdotal reports from questionable sources. There is no comparison if you decide to choose one. It is risky though there is no easy answer for MPB so everyone has to decide if its worth the risks.
    Kind of a shame stuff like CB sits in a lab somewhere probably nearly side free and equivalent of fin but not released for another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    You would have to be silly to even think about RU over fin. Fin has piles of evidence and basically was the biggest breakthrough in hair loss in all of history. It single handedly made MPB a treatable condition for the first time and has been in real world use for 25 or 30 years proving its safe. RU is an experimental chemical with almost nothing but purely anecdotal reports from questionable sources. There is no comparison if you decide to choose one. It is risky though there is no easy answer for MPB so everyone has to decide if its worth the risks.
    Kind of a shame stuff like CB sits in a lab somewhere probably nearly side free and equivalent of fin but not released for another 5 years.
    That's why you buy dutasteride, ru58841, minoxidil 15% and hold tight until something better comes out. Anways all of the above will 99% give you 10-15 years plus regrowth

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    Ive been on dutasteride for probably closing in on 4 months and ru on and off for 2 months, ive done it everyday consistently for 4 weeks. I have a usb microscope and i monitor spots, and i've already noticed dormant hairs emerging from units where they werent there before. I should mention i was on finasteride since 18, i'm closing in on 27 now and it slowed down like 80% of it, but I only got around 60% reduction from it. Dutasteride has broght my dht levels much lower. RIght now i have 5ng/dl dht which about that of a 10 year old boy. i think on fin i was like 25-30. Sorry to ramble, to answer your question, the anti androgens alone started reversing my hairloss without the minoxidil. THis was hair that miniaturized years ago. I would agree to hold off an anymore cycles for the time being and give your hair time to "repair itself". The key is just being consistent, RU+DUT makes it impossible to continue to lose hair, but follicles that have been miniaturized need a few cycles in an androgen deprived environment if theyre going to repair themselves. If youre hairloss is that early theres a good chance youll get back most of it. Worst case scenario, you keep that hair forever.
    Thought so too. Cool brah going all out was yhe best decision ever. Brb beating hair loss cold. My mpb genetics aren't even strong my loss is roid induced from very very heavy androgen use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex23 View Post
    Thought so too. Cool brah going all out was yhe best decision ever. Brb beating hair loss cold. My mpb genetics aren't even strong my loss is roid induced from very very heavy androgen use.
    You're telling a 19 year old kid to take an untested non-FDA approved experimental drug for hair loss?

You should be lined up against a wall and shot.

Liver cancer takes around 10 - 15 years to develop, harping on and laughing to us about how you are not having any side effects from the garbage you've ingested from God knows what country or what laboratory is simply hilarious. Tell you what Kimbo, come back in a decade and let us know how you're getting on ;-)

RU is considered safe by who? It was dropped by the company that was testing it for an unknown reason, people on forums have put that down to some rubbish about the company not being able to market the product - IMO, it's probably got more to do with the fact that endocrine distruptors have been shown to cause cancer years and years down the line in humans, there are only a few anti-androgens that have not shown this propensity - finasteride is one although that also has been linked to a 'small' elevated risk of high grade prostate cancer.

What you essentially want to do, is distrupt your endocrine system to halt hair loss.... before you do that, please read the following:

Environmental endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), including pesticides and industrial chemicals, have been and are released into the environment producing deleterious effects on wildlife and humans. The effects observed in animal models after exposure during organogenesis correlate positively with an increased incidence of malformations of the male genital tract and of neoplasms and with the decreased sperm quality observed in European and US populations. Exposure to EDCs generates additional effects, such as alterations in male and female reproduction and changes in neuroendocrinology, behavior, metabolism and obesity, prostate cancer and thyroid and cardiovascular endocrinology. This Review highlights the carcinogenic properties of EDCs, with a special focus on bisphenol A. However, humans and wildlife are exposed to a mixture of EDCs that act contextually. To explain this mindboggling complexity will require the design of novel experimental approaches that integrate the effects of different doses of structurally different chemicals that act at different ages on different target tissues. The key to this complex problem lies in the adoption of mathematical modeling and computer simulations afforded by system biology approaches. Regardless, the data already amassed highlight the need for a public policy to reduce exposure to EDCs.

http://www.nature.com/nrendo/journal...o.2010.87.html

Note the term 'mind boggling complexity'... you are truly playing with fire messing with these untested chemicals.

It's no good listening to some bone-head on a forum saying he is taking it and feels fine.... he might not feel so fine 5 - 10 years down the line when he's got lumps appearing above his collar bone and is experiencing night sweats and rapid weight loss.

You realize he's also 19?

Hey Alex. I tried minoxidil too and it really messed my face up. You say you've been able to recover after a year? Did you do anything special or did you just let time run its course? Please let me know. I am desperate to fix this situation.

hey @Alex23 I really need your advice on fixing my face after minoxidil use. How did you do it? Anything helps. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex23 View Post
    Really need to know how you beat minoxidil face wasting effects after a year. Did you do anything special.

Haha. I can tell you how to beat the effects that minox has on skin. Estrogen. I’m obviously female, take 3mg oral and 2 x 5% topical every day and my skin is fine, because I’m also on the pill. I also know some crazy dudes from other forums who use estrogen and estrogel for their hairloss and also notice it helps their skin hugely. Just sayin.