+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hello from West Yorkshire

Hi,

I'm a 29 year old male from West Yorkshire. I've had thinning hair since 2009 and I must say it's literally a dark cloud hanging over my head

I've eventually gone through some councelling to help with my self confidence which has taken a bit of a beating (for various other reasons) and now I'm almost back on track.

The only thing thats really stopping me from fulfilling my potential is just my hair now. I currently use topikk concealer which is great and after doing quiet a lot of research on this forum and other sites I'm now seriously considering a HT.

I've just requested a consultation with Zeiring clinic and I'm also considering speaking with the Crown Clinic in Manchester. Any thoughts on these two would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks

Have you thought about going outside of the u.k? The prices here are such a deal breaker for me especially. And out of the rest of Europe I would say there are better surgeons for cheaper prices.

Head to Belgium, easy on eurostar, or flights daily.
    I would go to Brussells for a day and schedule a consult with BHR, Mwamba, Feriduni get some sound advice and go from there.
    Hope this helps

ej

I've just requested a consultation with Zeiring clinic and I'm also considering speaking with the Crown Clinic in Manchester. Any thoughts on these two would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks
    In my experienced opinion you have a few options but in the UK there are very few. Based on photos alone Dr. Ball at Ziering is one to consider for consultation. His work certainly looks good but you should meet actual patients before you make any decisions. Outside of the UK and a short journey away is Dr. Lupanzula in Brussels, a man that I personally know and think very highly of (I do some work with him as well). The other Belgium doctors are also worth speaking with.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks. I was also thinking of getting a consultation at Crown Clinic and Farjo.

Never really considered going abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    In my experienced opinion you have a few options but in the UK there are very few. Based on photos alone Dr. Ball at Ziering is one to consider for consultation. His work certainly looks good but you should meet actual patients before you make any decisions. Outside of the UK and a short journey away is Dr. Lupanzula in Brussels, a man that I personally know and think very highly of (I do some work with him as well). The other Belgium doctors are also worth speaking with.
    Hi Joe
    Who are the surgeons in the UK you would say are best in what they do and will give an honest opinion rather than except you for thier own gains (money) and then you may not no what the result maybe. I have looked at Turkey but following your experience as you have mentioned on The Bald Truth weekly show it has made me think again. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paget View Post
    Hi Joe
    Who are the surgeons in the UK you would say are best in what they do and will give an honest opinion rather than except you for thier own gains (money) and then you may not no what the result maybe. I have looked at Turkey but following your experience as you have mentioned on The Bald Truth weekly show it has made me think again. Thanks in advance.
    It is difficult for me to say which doctor is the best in the UK. I really like Dr. Ball's work and while I did get to meet the man last month I have not seen his results in person nor have I ever met any of his patients. He does appear to be above board from my own observations and from what I hear through my connections but my advice is to go see the man yourself to make your own judgements. Ask him tough questions like those found on my downloadable Hair Transplant Patient Toolkit. Same goes for any doctor you are considering which should at least be part of the IAHRS. Start with that list then go from there. Meet patients, visit the clinic, ask to watch surgery if possible.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Paget View Post
    Hi Joe
    Regarding Turkey, I'm glad my information made you think twice but keep in mind that you won't experience that type of scenario with an IAHRS doctor in Turkey. The "hair mill" production line does not exist like what I described with the few better clinics in the country. In fact, if you can make your way down to London this weekend you can meet Dr. Karadeniz and myself as he'll be in town for consultations. With Dr. Karadeniz you are the only patient of the day and he performs the procedure himself. He scores and extracts all FUE grafts. Technicians place grafts only after he has already made incisions.
    Joe Tillman

Hi Joe
    Thanks for the update
    I have just seen your post on Dr Emre Karadeniz in London this weekend. Where will this be in London? I have another commitment at moment but might be able to change but not sure. If not is he one of the best in Turkey? Also someone mentioned me that Dr Koray Erdogan was one of the best in world FUE Treatment due to his precision in the extraction and method of incisions. I know this has been said on here many times but it is such a big decision choosing the right Doctor also to travel abroad from your own country and we all want to make the right decision first time around. Welcome your answers, many thanks.

Hi Starsalign,

I was in the same position as you last year and we are the same age. I went to a number on consultations with many of the clinics you mentioned and eventually had a procedure 5 1/2 months ago. Im just in the stage of waiting for it to grow now.

Although I didn't have a procedure with the clinics you mentioned, I did find Ziering fairly helpful. I'm no expert like Joe, but to me Mr Balls work on here looks really good. Have a look through Im sure you'll find a lot of the results he's achieved.