+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

^What did the Cots say to you?

What it appears to me is that Follica does not expect to grow terminal hairs in scalp, but rather "neogenic-like follicles" which are smaller than vellus. How those become terminal, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    Thanks bro!
    Please share with us if he replies!

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post

What it appears to me is that Follica does not expect to grow terminal hairs in scalp, but rather "neogenic-like follicles" which are smaller than vellus. How those become terminal, I have no idea.
    Well I'm sure their goal is to achieve cosmetic results...

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post

There long term goal is to certainly grow real hairs. I asked him if he thinks pdg2 is responsible for stopping the conversion of stem cells to progenitor cells and he said "that is our working hypothesis".

That's very interesting he thinks PGD2 is responsible for that. I agree they're after getting terminal growth, but I just found it striking that their primary endpoint for the trials were to generate neogenic-like hair follicles.

My wild guess is that perhaps other agents will be used on top of lithium to get terminal hairs.

More details on on the effects of pgd2(aka agonism of gpr44) on human hair:

"To test the effect of PGD2 on human hair growth, we used explanted human hair follicles maintained in culture for 7 days. We added increasing amounts (from 0 to 10 μM) of PGD2, 15-dPGJ2, or vehicle to the culture medium and measured hair length (Fig. 6D). Starting at 5 μM, PGD2 and 15-dPGJ2 significantly inhibited hair growth. At 10 μM, PGD2-treated hair was 62 ± 5% shorter than vehicle, whereas 10 μM 15-dPGJ2 completely inhibited all hair growth. We tested a variety of other PGD2 analogs and found them to be capable of inhibiting hair lengthening. Agonism for GPR44 correlated with the ability to inhibit hair lengthening (fig. S3)."

pgd2 = 62% inhibition and 15-dPGJ2 = 100% inhibition. Both work through the gpr44 receptor. Thats a lot of inhibition!

Some evidence pgd2 may target progenitor cells:
    "Both DP-1 and DP-2(gpr44) have been reported to be expressed by outer root sheath keratinocytes in the hair follicle, among other sites"

I noted earlier pdg2 was not found around the bulge/stem("mother")cells which might explain preservation of stem cells in AGA.

Yep.

Keratin 15(KRT15, Red) a keratinocyte stem cell marker, labels a separate population than that
    of the Prostaglandin D2 Synthase (PTGDS, Green) in the apoptotic hair follicle.

Pgd2 is just a result of the damage caused to the follicle by DHT.

PGD2 is always present in the wound healing process during the latter stages while PGE2 is present during the initial stages.

They're not causes of hair loss, they're just present because androgens have damaged the hair follicle, I think it has more to do with the pathway to regeneration, PGD2 is somehow inhibiting the regeneration of the hair follicle after it has become damaged, this is why Dr Cots is looking at both the regeneration (FGF9) pathway and also the inhibition to regeneration (PGD2) pathway.

Its true that the dermal papilla over expresses androgen receptorss/ more sensitive for androgens. There it all starts. Pgd2 has huage impacts oh hair growth/ and proliferation of the cells.

in short, the pgd2 is responsible for androgen inducedDkk1(that is a WNT inhibitor), induces p53, tgfb, that triggers caspase apoptosis, and yet again dkk1, its and anti angiogenesis factor. Pge2|(the down regulated prostaglandin in AGA), is Pro angiogenesis, induces CD43+, wnt pathway, and FGF9.

this inbalance causes the hair to shrink, so not directly Androgens it self, but the triggered chain reaction behind it.

Check this topic for more detials: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=103373

Boldy

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    Its true that the dermal papilla over expresses androgen receptorss/ more sensitive for androgens. There it all starts. Pgd2 has huage impacts oh hair growth/ and proliferation of the cells.

in short, the pgd2 is responsible for androgen inducedDkk1(that is a WNT inhibitor), induces p53, tgfb, that triggers caspase apoptosis, and yet again dkk1, its and anti angiogenesis factor. Pge2|(the down regulated prostaglandin in AGA), is Pro angiogenesis, induces CD43+, wnt pathway, and FGF9.

this inbalance causes the hair to shrink, so not directly Androgens it self, but the triggered chain reaction behind it.

Check this topic for more detials: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=103373

Boldy

Im sorry but what does this mean?

^PGD2 is really important and bad. Frankly a superior therapeutic target than simply antiandrogens.