+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Well I did contact Gail again. She said that the Histogen sponsored trials were all with men; a statistically significant increase was noticed at 12 weeks which continued for over a year. There was a second trial which increased results on the aforementioned first trial The Ziering trials had men and women of which all had an increase in hair.

Anything received by the company would go to efforts in bringing HSC to market. Though the sponsoring of a test subject is apparently around $5000, which is obviously quite expensive.

Bloody hell - so Phase 3 is 350 patients we're talking 1.7m?

I still think any help would benefit them.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Bloody hell - so Phase 3 is 350 patients we're talking 1.7m?
    Is phase 3 that many patients?

Its obvious that us alone wouldn't get anywhere near enough ourselves. If it was circulated by Spencer then maybe we could raise a decent sum. I think even $50,000 would be a good amount.

I'm not sure though, are there any legal implications for requesting funds etc, especially seeing as Histogen isn't a not for profit company...

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Is phase 3 that many patients?

Its obvious that us alone wouldn't get anywhere near enough ourselves. If it was circulated by Spencer then maybe we could raise a decent sum. I think even $50,000 would be a good amount.

I'm not sure though, are there any legal implications for requesting funds etc, especially seeing as Histogen isn't a not for profit company...
    Histogen most likely have legal respresentatives that would be able to answer these types of questions, as for conumers offering to donate to get their product sooner - I dont see any crime in that.

These arent my concerns anyway, my major concern is nobody bothering to do anything due to some form of lethargic belief that it will yield nothing of value.

Well I did contact Gail again. She said that the Histogen sponsored trials were all with men; a statistically significant increase was noticed at 12 weeks which continued for over a year. There was a second trial which increased results on the aforementioned first trial The Ziering trials had men and women of which all had an increase in hair.

Anything received by the company would go to efforts in bringing HSC to market. Though the sponsoring of a test subject is apparently around $5000, which is obviously quite expensive.
    Did you ask her about setting up a donation in the email? I wish we could get this thing started.

Histogen most likely have legal respresentatives that would be able to answer these types of questions, as for conumers offering to donate to get their product sooner - I dont see any crime in that.

These arent my concerns anyway, my major concern is nobody bothering to do anything due to some form of lethargic belief that it will yield nothing of value.
    Are you putting forward for the task then UK?

Are you putting forward for the task then UK?
    In terms of contributing to any type of fund, a donation or even a kickstarter then yes I would, think I'd donate about £200 - 300.

In terms of contributing to any type of fund, a donation or even a kickstarter then yes I would, think I'd donate about £200 - 300.
    we should all donate $150 per month - if we had 1000 people doing this they'd have $1.8 million in a year which according to your guy's calculations covers most of phase 3 trial costs (which by the way is very little money).

Thumbs up

OMG I have finally regained access to BTT!

Thank you so much WINSTON for being so helpful over the past 2 weeks! You rock brother I'm sorry if I over-reacted...it definitely was some kind of technical issue.

I can't believe so much has happened over the past 2 weeks!!!

__________________________________________________ ___________

UK I'm in brother...Count me in for $200-300!

It seems like Gail is going through a rough time and is struggling with finding a promising investor, hence her email asking for some help!

I think as forum members we have TWO important roles to play at these crucial times:

1) Give Gail and the Histogen team lots of mental support by sending them lots of emails praising their works and giving them all our support anyway possible.

2) Ensure Gail, that we will be backing her up all the way...no matter what! Financially or otherwise.

As some members have mentioned however, safety studies have not been completed and there is always a risk that Histogen may never reach the market. As such, we should not be investing large sums of money but whatever we can spare ($100s preferably) and that alone might give them the boost they need to get off the ground!

Imagine if over 50,000 ppl supported Histogen on Kickstarter...that figure alone would attract Big pharma companies (like Pfizer, Merck or Roche) to invest into Histogen!

Great ideas on this thread, which truly shows the power of numbers, and brainstorming

Let's see how Gail responds to our ideas...We can even work on writing up a draft to send to Gail as our sign of support

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    OMG I have finally regained access to BTT!

Thank you so much WINSTON for being so helpful over the past 2 weeks! You rock brother I'm sorry if I over-reacted...it definitely was some kind of technical issue.

I can't believe so much has happened over the past 2 weeks!!!

__________________________________________________ ___________

UK I'm in brother...Count me in for $200-300!

It seems like Gail is going through a rough time and is struggling with finding a promising investor, hence her email asking for some help!

I think as forum members we have TWO important roles to play at these crucial times:

1) Give Gail and the Histogen team lots of mental support by sending them lots of emails praising their works and giving them all our support anyway possible.

2) Ensure Gail, that we will be backing her up all the way...no matter what! Financially or otherwise.

As some members have mentioned however, safety studies have not been completed and there is always a risk that Histogen may never reach the market. As such, we should not be investing large sums of money but whatever we can spare ($100s preferably) and that alone might give them the boost they need to get off the ground!

Imagine if over 50,000 ppl supported Histogen on Kickstarter...that figure alone would attract Big pharma companies (like Pfizer, Merck or Roche) to invest into Histogen!

Great ideas on this thread, which truly shows the power of numbers, and brainstorming

Let's see how Gail responds to our ideas...We can even work on writing up a draft to send to Gail as our sign of support
    i would also like to donate, 500-1000 euro's, but only if dr gail is willing to release this treatment in india by july 1th 2014. (so a year from now) she could license this treatment to whom is willing to give this treatment to patients. and india does not have to wait on fda approval. no need for us to wait until 2017, 2018 and beyond. if she is willing to do this, then a lot of friends of mine, including myself are willing to donate money.