+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Been on rogaine for 8 months, shedding thick hairs now. Concerned!

Ok so i have been on rogaine (liquid) for 8 months now and into my 3rd week of using it i remember that i didn't shed any hair (almost). Now into my 8th month i seem to be shedding again but the difference is that the hairs i'm shedding atm. are thicker now? I have no sign of MPB or whatsoever as i caught it almost asa i noticed a major shedding during last summer. The think that is concerning me is the shedding. Why am i shedding now? The hairs are thicker now (only a few ones are thin wenn shedding) so i guess the rogaine helped me on that matter, but the fact that i'm shedding these thick hairs is concerning me

Before using rogaine i used to shed 150+ hairs (the sink would be full)! After 3 weeks of using rogaine the shedding decreased, significantly, to around 10 hairs! Now into my 8th month i'm shedding a lot (i would assume 50-80 hairs).

The shedding is only a problem when i'm applying rogaine to my scalp ( isee a lot of hairs onmy hands, thick ones). Without applying rogaine and rubbing my scalp washing etc. i shed less. Could it be that i'm beaing to harsh on the scalp which is causing this shedding?

I know it's a big mouthful, but please bear over with me.

Thx in advance

why do you make basically same topic every week, maybe the rogaine is messing with your memory cause each time you get the same answer from Tracy you dummy

Hi Ramazan,

I went through three separate periods of shedding during my first two years of treating my hair loss. Each time my hair grew back a little thicker and stronger than it was before. You say your hairs are thicker now? It sounds like the medicine is working for you. You need to ride it out and do your best to stop worrying so much. You are creating undue stress for yourself.

If you feel you are rubbing too harshly, stop doing that. Massage the medication into your scalp gently like you are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    why do you make basically same topic every week, maybe the rogaine is messing with your memory cause each time you get the same answer from Tracy you dummy
    I don't like being an ass, and no offence but why the hell do you care anyway? Just ignore my post then? No one has complained about this besides you.

I'm just a bit nervous about it that's all. It kind of gives me an emotional relief whenever i write about my problems here, and besides i'm entitled to write as many times i want. like anyone else, even if it's about the same matter. That's what i like about baldtruthtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi Ramazan,

I went through three separate periods of shedding during my first two years of treating my hair loss. Each time my hair grew back a little thicker and stronger than it was before. You say your hairs are thicker now? It sounds like the medicine is working for you. You need to ride it out and do your best to stop worrying so much. You are creating undue stress for yourself.

If you feel you are rubbing too harshly, stop doing that. Massage the medication into your scalp gently like you are supposed to.
    I'll keep that in mind Tracy, thx a lot (again and again ) let's see how long it takes for me to write again, perhaps tomorrow?

way too many threads about rogaine shedding.... do people really think that rogaine will make you lose hair for real?? Stick with it and don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ...do people really think that rogaine will make you lose hair for real??
    Yes. Many folks actually believe Rogaine makes hair loss worse. Sadly because of this false belief they often stop using it as soon as the shedding starts, which is about the worse thing you could do. Or they don't stick with it long enough to know if it is helping or not. Or they are just simply afraid to try it.

hey i am in the EXACT same situation as you, barley any shedding in the begging than hair really started improving, now around 8 months im shedding more than i have ever had, and they are thicker hairs... I think its a normal thing as i have read alot of people complaining about it, i think we just gotta stick it through

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Yes. Many folks actually believe Rogaine makes hair loss worse. Sadly because of this false belief they often stop using it as soon as the shedding starts, which is about the worse thing you could do. Or they don't stick with it long enough to know if it is helping or not. Or they are just simply afraid to try it.
    I stopped using it after about two weeks after a major shed. Do you know if people who do that regrow any of the shed hair? It's been about six months for me.

I've kind of by now lost hope because it's been so long, but I'm just wondering if maybe I still have some.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Purtyscard View Post
    Do you know if people who do that regrow any of the shed hair?
    Hello,

No one can answer that. Maybe it can grow back on it's own. Maybe it can't. It depends on how damaged those hair follicles were before you started treatment. Since it has been six months since you stopped the medication and you have not seen any of it grow back, it probably was too damaged prior to using the medication to be able to grow back on it's own. Whether you like it or not, your best chance of getting the shed hair to grow back is to get back on the medicine and stick with it this time. Shedding is a normal and necessary part of treating hair loss. Damaged hair follicles need to shed as they are healing. Ride it out.