+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Good thread. Thanks.

FYI or TMI I've been on proscar for just over 2 years with little if any sides (watery semen). A few days ago I had to wait to p**s in the morning because the morning wood wouldn't go down. Brush teeth, contacts in, Ok now I can p**s. I do admit I'm not a fan of any drug.

Best to you Artista

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I do admit I'm not a fan of any drug.
    Thank you! I am not a fan of any drug either, but I am a fan of my hair and doing what is reasonable(millions of guys over close to 2 decades of use, with very low chance of sides) to keep it.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hey there Notcool' No need to apologize bro',,I respect your opinions on this topic.
    You do make good points and its good that you share your points with everyone here.
    Using any type of medications for whatever reasons must be an individual decision to make.
    That is~~ when one is fully informed and educated on those medications via a doctor or doctors.
    As you know, none of us show every make decisions based on premonitions, emotions or by hastiness.
    Especially the very young men and women.

Notcool' -keep up the good commonsense conversations here on our forum.

Thank you. I appreciate that and I will keep sharing commonsense.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Your welcome Notcool'
    Like you, I am concerned about others..especially the youngsters that we have here.

Hey Notcool' there is a new member, an 18 year old who started a thread on Fin'.
    Check it out,,maybe give your advice as well...

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...asteride-sides

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Artista is having success on finasteride. He has every right to come on here an give people his experience on the drug.
    I don't want to take away or imply he doesn't got the right to speak of a personal positive experience with it either

Just like all the guys that give their "I've taken propecia once and now I've got gyno and permanent ED" experiences.
    Are you implying they are lying? It seems to me you are very dismissive of them...Like it shouldn't be taken seriously.

You call us advocates, why because we don't comment in every thread that propecia can cause this huge list of sides?
    I am quite certain I have read several posts from you telling people to "get on this as fast as you can". And to even say "Don't care about the sides" or some sort of that Yes, if my memory is correct that is advocating. It is still up to the person. But I would be honest about the potential side effects, so they don't get their head up about a magic pill that will solve their problems without anything serious coming along.

I might be mistaken so I do not wish to accuse you of any of that. Don't really got energy to check posts of this..

Do we really have to tell people about sides?
    As in legally? No, I don't think so. You are quite free to lie as well. It's ultimately the doctors job to provide information, and the patients job to set in on it. I just don't see why someone commenting so much doesn't have a prefixed copy paste on a response. Is there any specific reason you intentionally leave it out?

but are people really clueless about fin sides?
    Sure, plenty do. They don't even know about the drug, that's why you are mentioning it, they are utterly clueless. That's why I think it can be dangerous, and not entirely honest. I don't see why you would leave that information out.

People already come here scared to death of sides, I am pretty sure they know more than I could tell them.
    If they did, they wouldn't ask what can help. They don't know. And if they knew better than you, you probably wouldn't bring it up the way you do either, there would be no point. You aren't stupid, you are well aware several of them have no idea of the sides.

I get that you are afraid to treat your hair loss and that is fine. You make some good points. Fin has the potential to mess you up, I will never deny that. Prescription drugs will always have that potential.
    I am not afraid of treating hair loss, I am afraid of irreversible side effects. Especially irreversible erectile dysfunction, or sensitivity. Yes, I freely confess I would much rather have all my hair fall off than to be impotent or numb.

Even the crap that you guys are discussing in the cutting edge section has the potential for sides, and believe me there will be plenty of those stories soon enough.
    But I don't promote those things, do I? And I don't think I have even had a post where I put something out there either. I tell people to keep their hopes, sure, technology is developing quicker and quicker.

We take finasteride and it has worked wonders for us.
    That's good. And for others it have ruined their entire lives.

You are deathly afraid of treatments so you will do nothing and unfortunately continue to lose your hair.
    No, not afraid of treatments, I am afraid of irreversible side effects, especially those as severe as listed.

I respect the decision you have made and you should show the same amount of respect for people that are treating their hair loss.
    I accept that people use those treatments. I don't have to respect it. You don't have to respect my choices.

Maybe one day there will be a treatment that is 100% safe that you will feel comfortable to use and you can possibly save your hair. In the mean time we have finasteride and minoxidil. Use those treatments or go bald.
    I am at least wanting to have full information about the risks. And side effects that go away as you discontinue the drug aren't that serious.

Use those treatments or go bald.
    I have seen several cases of just pure transplant solving it all. But indeed, if you got the genetics to go completely bald and you don't do anything so you will.

I am glad for this guys progress. And hope it continues to go well. I was wondering if there was something I didn't knew... But I take it that you don't got any more information of importance to add, or am I mistaken and you just didn't provide it?

I have never said that everybody is lying about sides. In fact I have said countless times that I believe that sides are definitely real. With that being said, there are plenty of guys that come to this and other forums with and agenda to misinform and scare people. A guy was exposed on another hair loss forum yesterday of doing just that. I guarantee that there are many more out there. So yes there are plenty out there that come here and lie. They want people to react the same way that you have and not treat your hair loss. For what ever reason they think it is hilarious that guys like you buy into their BS and go bald.

As far as ever saying what you accuse me of above: I am quite certain I have read several posts from you telling people to "get on this as fast as you can". And to even say "Don't care about the sides" or some sort of that, all I will say is BS. I highly doubt I ever told someone to not care about sides. I won't deny telling somebody that they want to treat their hair loss early in the process to achieve the best results. That's just truth.

My point about asking "Do we really need to mentions sides?", was implying that most already have read the horror stories. You making it seem like people come here without a clue of all the ED and other sides is just plain ridiculous. Even you know this so I won't even waste more time addressing this.

You are afraid to treat your hair loss and are spreading your fear onto others. You never even tried to treat your hair loss. The fear mongerers got to you and you are just continuing to do their dirty work. There are plenty of guys that have actually taken the drug and have gotten sides. For the millionth time I believe there are guys out there that have suffered. The funny thing is it seems like they don't do as much complaining about it as the anti fin trolls and guys like you.

At the end of the day you are an early norwood so you can afford to treat your hair loss with hope. I honestly hope you don't progress as for as your hair loss goes, because I know how much it sucks. I just don't think you trying to scare people out of treatments with your second or third hand information is the right thing to do. That is exactly what you are doing. Half of your posts are of propecia sides, yet you never even taken the drug so you aren't even speaking from experience. You want full disclosure of finasteride sides and that is all fine and good, but maybe you should also disclose that you never have even taken the drug so you aren't speaking from actual experience and that you have gotten most/all of your information from random guys on the internet that very possibly could have been anti propecia trolls trying to steer people from treating their hair loss.

The thing is that I don't think you are a bad guy, or even trying to be an anti propecia troll. You just bought into the hype, and yes it is hype. I am not dismissing guys that have been hurt taking this drug, but if you take any prescription drug or get any kind of medical treatment there is always a chance of you coming out hurt of disfigured on some way. It is just the way it is. Even the cellular based treatments will end up hurting some people, maybe even killing them. Nobody wants to talk about any of that because as long as it isn't ED, I guess it doesn't matter.

Lastly, I am not an advocate for any drug. Everybody's number one option should always be to shave their head if they can deal with it. I wish I could do that and move on from thinking of this shit, but I cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    But I take it that you don't got any more information of importance to add, or am I mistaken and you just didn't provide it?
    Nice jab by the way, but unnecessary.

I was thinking about this whole back and forth with Trenblastoise and if he wants to keep it going then that is fine, but I'm checking out. I don't really care about trying to win an argument. This place shouldn't be about that. I won't make it about myself. This place should be about truthful/accurate information to help guys keep hair on their heads. I will just keep trying to promote that. If Trenblastiose believe he is helping guys deal with their hair loss then I guess he can keep doing what he is doing.

Worst part is, trenblastoise is lying about the incidence of sides. They happen, but they are highly uncommon.