+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

StayThick you mentioned you were off minoxidil and finasteride. How long is that ago?

Assuming minoxidil worked for you, you are going to get hefty sheds trust me. It only a matter of time.

You are btw courageous for stopping minoxidil & finasteride. Trust me that follicept will NEVER approach a treatment like minoxidil in terms of effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    No reaction to leg. None. I think I will continue, but that doesn't change what occurred. Had a massive shed. Thanks Keki, much appreciate your responses.
    If I may suggest a second day of leg reaction on Sunday. Just because you didn't have the reaction the first day and better to make sure it is safe for you...What do you think?

yo let's see some more pics of this 10/10 you guys are talking about

haha

That's cause for concern? I've shed 3x that when I was first experiencing hair loss. I could sit there and pluck a hundred hairs out in a given area.

I'm with bigentires. It's kind of weird that you are the only person that shed like this out of 7 or 8 people...

That said, you seem genuine.

I'd suggest not live posting your experience like a twitter feed. I'm sure that follicept doesn't really appreciate it. You've pretty much axed anybody else's chances of pre-trailing by showing them it's a massive risk (when it shoudln't be)

Not saying you shouldn't tell us, but maybe should have attempted to figure out between you and follicept first.

Stay hopeful, the guy or the girl

Can we see before and after pics? A sink with hair in it doesn't tell us that much.

This is a bit alarming, but I hope this is just temporary and that follicept eventually find out what just happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    this is not possible in 2 days come on...

it's interestign because

1) Reaction on the second application and not the first one, while if it was an allergy it should have started a soon as he applied it
    2) shed only in area with good density
    3) itch but not inflammed skin

dunno dude, if i were in you i would try a last HALF dose tomorrow and see what happen (maybe wash before and after), if you are concerned about an allergy then drop the treatment

I think that if it was something negative/harmful there would probably be redness and/or swelling and/or bumps, and perhaps some irritation/pain. It sounds like there's none of this. I think that there is a very real possibility that the weaker hairs are falling out because new hairs are cycling...possibly as a result of the treatment. You might be getting positive results.

I think that if this were an allergic reaction of some sort it would have happened with the first application.

I'm not certain what to make of this but your experience makes me feel like this treatment might actually be working.

In my view, it seems like *if* the Follicept treatment is working the hair shed might happen sooner than sheds happen with RU or minoxidil (or any of the other treatments we have used) because IGF-1 should affect hair growth/loss further down the hair-growth/loss pathway. Theoretically, Follicept hopefully doesn't have to go through the entire length of the pathway to work. IGF-1 probably mediates hair growth near the end of the entire pathway.

I actually think that what you're experiencing might be a good sign.

stay thick dude just stay with it. a shed doesn't mean you're gonna lose all your hair. I would honestly see this as a very good sign, as IGF-1 is said to restart the hair cycle. this might mean that its more effective for you than anyone else. In my experience the only time I shed and itch is when I start using something like minox or fin and growth happens. Id say theres probably zero chance that you're gonna end up worse off than when you started, the other guys in the trial are at 4 weeks, and honestly i don't see any improvement, but i really doubt you can do much harm. Shed seems like more of a good thing to me than a bad thing. my gf sheds that much hair all the time into the sink and has more hair than anyone I know.