+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Interested in starting Propecia - any advice?

Hey everyone,

My names Joe. I'm new to this forum. I just turned 30 in December and am thinking about starting Propecia. I believe I am a NW 3 Vertex, I'm not sure though. Maybe someone who has some knowledge of this would know. I used to have really thick hair, it still is kind of thick especially on the sides and back. I love having long hair, short hair just doesn't do it for me, I've shaved my head numerous times and I hate the look lol. I do remember when I was 24-25 I had a lot of hair fall out of my head when I would shower, but now I barely see anything falling out, I do take Biotin (have been recently) but I just don't see any hair falling out in the shower so I'm wondering if I start Propecia if my crown would grow back or the overall top of my head would thicken up and fill back in? I was going to go see a hair-derm to get a perscription and see what's good with everything. I have some pictures attached to show you how bad it is, lol These pictures were taken under light but still... obviously it's thinning, it's not completely bald. Mind you I have 2 cowlicks in the back of my head instead of 1 :P Would propecia even help re-grow any of this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5219.jpg

Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	51139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5220.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	51140  

bump. anyone advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by sts9 View Post
    Hey everyone,

My names Joe. I'm new to this forum. I just turned 30 in December and am thinking about starting Propecia. I believe I am a NW 3 Vertex, I'm not sure though. Maybe someone who has some knowledge of this would know. I used to have really thick hair, it still is kind of thick especially on the sides and back. I love having long hair, short hair just doesn't do it for me, I've shaved my head numerous times and I hate the look lol. I do remember when I was 24-25 I had a lot of hair fall out of my head when I would shower, but now I barely see anything falling out, I do take Biotin (have been recently) but I just don't see any hair falling out in the shower so I'm wondering if I start Propecia if my crown would grow back or the overall top of my head would thicken up and fill back in? I was going to go see a hair-derm to get a perscription and see what's good with everything. I have some pictures attached to show you how bad it is, lol These pictures were taken under light but still... obviously it's thinning, it's not completely bald. Mind you I have 2 cowlicks in the back of my head instead of 1 :P Would propecia even help re-grow any of this?
    Hi ST i have been on finasteride since 1998 in uk and i cut up 5mg of proscar in half and take it on mon wed and fridays, i used to cut it into four and take everyday but i find what i do now better, i was in my 30s when i first took it and now am in my late 50s.
    There is some hype on the forums about propecia finasteride which may be true in some cases but as in every drug and even natural products there can be side effects but i have not had any.
    You really need to take any forums with a pinch of salt as spencer says on his show some need to not beleave everything you read i would offer this advice try finasteride in say a very small dose 1mg everyday for a couple of months or even try it every other day in the beginning and after that see how you do.
    If you are using rogaine do not just stop it when going onto finasteride as you may get a double shed you can combine the both if you wish.

thanks for the reply man, yea i'm most likely going to start out with fin. can i just use that instead of rogaine? and i don't have to cut my hair short to see results right? cause i really don't wanna lose the long hair i have now. what Norwood am i? a 3 vertex? it's been at that stage for years now and hasn't progressed, is that a sign i might be a good responder on fin?

Yes you can just use finasteride some try a laser as well but that maybe too expensive but spex will tell you or try spencer on his show.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is that a "yes" to being a vertex 3 or that i can keep my hair long as i start fin? Will fin also make existing hair i have still on the top/sides/back thicker ? I noticed the hair i have on top is thinner then the sides and back... but i haven't seen any signs of it progressing any harder, it's been stuck in this stage for a while... it's just my crown that is noticeable and hoping that fin would grow that back. Thanks for the replies mate

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is that a "yes" to being a vertex 3 or that i can keep my hair long as i start fin? Will fin also make existing hair i have still on the top/sides/back thicker ? I noticed the hair i have on top is thinner then the sides and back... but i haven't seen any signs of it progressing any harder, it's been stuck in this stage for a while... it's just my crown that is noticeable and hoping that fin would grow that back. Thanks for the replies mate
    LMFAO you are bordering on a Norwood 5, your remaining points are about 10% of original density. Dude are you kidding yourself? Your frontal area and crown both are decimated. Your remaining hair is falling less because you almost have none left.

Get on Lipogaine minoxidil, 1mg of finasteride, and Regenepure DR shampoo (active ingredient ketoconazole) IMMEDIATELY.

You are lucky you have decent coverage despite terrible density, if you use everything I said you should get some reasonable recovery. Get on all of it NOW though.

where would i apply the minoxidil? the front and crown or all over the top?

where would i apply the minoxidil? the front and crown or all over the top?
    I would just do it on the crown and midsection if I were you. Also I do highly recommend a good minox with azelaic acid like lipogaine over something basic. Using extra on the front increases chance of sides and also it has a lower chance of being effective at the hairline. You should aim with regenepure DR, minox and 1mg propecia to get some regrowth on your thinning areas, but balding areas at the front need a transplant to fix.

ok cool. yea i'll use the 3 you suggested. i just don't want to cut my hair short cause it looks like complete shit, i like it long. i don't know. i'm not too worried about the hairline, more so the crown and density of the top