+ Reply to Thread

Default Unbiased, Unsponsored Advice

Hello all,

I have recently been looking into the possibility of undergoing my second hair transplant. As am sure some of you would have experienced, there is so much advice out there that it really does get confusing. This, coupled with people who are affiliated with companies one way or another adds to the confusion!

I am wondering if anyone can push me in the direction of an individual who is willing to provide honest, unbiased, professional advice in response to the questions I have regarding the best way forward for my case.

Thank you very much in advance.

I can give some from experience based on what happened on to my scalp. Can also meet to show if nearby. You can message anytime on platforms that allow messaging. Best of luck

Hi Sean,

Really appreciate the response!

It would be great if we could have a chat - I have tried messaging but I am not sure if this forum allows this. What is the best way to message you? Can I message you via this website?

Thanks

This forum doesn't allow private messaging because too many times it is abused by clinics and patients with agendas. If this were another forum with private messaging, you might have been hit with efforts from consultants to come to them or members posing as patients but with unscrupulous motives.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Joe,

Thanks for that - I thought that might be the case and that’s exactly what I am trying to avoid!

I’ve done plenty of research and I am being told different things. The main question I have at the moment is the decision between FUE and FUT. I have already had a FUT procedure but the scar is slightly visible (don’t get me wrong, it is not a bad scar at all). By choosing FUE I have been told they can implant into the scar, which is desirable.

At the moment, I am more tempted by FUE, but I have been told that due to my wavy hair, the yield may not be as high as the punch is more likely might clip the root. I seem to keep getting funnelled back down the route of FUT.

Looking abroad, I have done quite a bit of research on Istanbul and my head has definitely been turned by this option. From what I have seen, there are some questionable clinics out there, but I have found one that looks good. They have assured me that FUE will work with my hair type. I’m a little dubious as I have to question... how do they know?! But this is the front runner for the time being.

Finally, I have been told that I could get another 2-3 FUT procedures which will cover my whole head. Is the possible yield likely to decrease over if I go FUE?

So many questions...! Appreciate the responses.

Thanks

It's tough to say. If you're pretty bald, or you're destined for a lot of loss, then FUT can be the better route to take. It was for me and I finally had my first FUE 5.5 months ago and I'm happy with how things have turned out. On the other hand, I've seen some great FUE cases where a NW6 was addressed quite nicely with two sessions.

I think that if your hair type is what concerns you, the logical thing to do is to ask for several examples of your type of hair that the clinic has worked on. If they say they have no problems with wavy hair they should be able to show you in photos and video (if they've made that investment of time and equipment) several examples of such.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Joe made some great points,

If you are going to do FUE, and this is your second transplant, then you have to proceed carefully. Your hair texture, baldness type, and amount of scar tissue can also be a factor here.
    Ive had plenty of FUE done and things on scar tissue and second transplants dont end well.

This platform doesnt have a private messaging system but some other forums may. Marketers and doctor enforced patients can confuse you. You need to talk to real patients that arent paid or get incentives to post. Preferably, they should have your hair type and levels of loss though. I have similar handle on other venues where there may be pms. Best of luck.

Thank you both for your comments.

Sean, can I just ask what you mean by things on scar tissue and second transplants don't end well?

Joe, I am not bald, but I think over time I will get somewhere near it if I don't intervene. The clinic in Istanbul is very helpful and seems to be answering all of my questions well. They have now shown me a recent patient who appears to be a similar case to mine - thick wavy hair. The Clinic is a clinic / Doctor that I believe you have previously worked with and I would love to have your recommendation or otherwise on them. I will contact you through your website - I would be very grateful to hear back from you.

Thanks again

Gib,
    Dr Cole put it well. Scalp is like soil, if area keeps getting impacted, its not as good. Thats why repair patients have a hard time. Many docs fail to inform and this gets patients in trouble with their scalp. They just take money and tell you how you may be a showcase. Im actually going through hell due to it and trying to figure out an appropriate ethical repair route.