+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Hey brother,

Hair is doing fine -- I think. 2-3 hairs on my hand in the shower, passing the pull test about every time. Hair seems to be doing good.

Decided to abandon taking pictures every month, and instead will take pics at 12 months and 18 months. I'm now used to using minox, but still skip it as I am currently seeing a chick and not always alone in the evenings -- not really at the point I want her to know I'm on hair loss meds.

Hair quality looks and feels good. Lots of hairs at the hairline, although they're not all "healthy". No sides. 1.25 fin a day, minox once or twice a day (mixing foam and liquid usage depending on what activities, or lack thereof, I have going on).

I would actually like to disable my BTT account -- Winston? Hopefully only temporary so that I can post result pics at the previously mentioned times. Not spending time on this site has been very beneficial to my life. Climbing the professional ladder, got a girl I'm digging pretty heavy, and my social life is back full force.

Thanks again for the inquiry. Hope you, and everyone else, are doing well.

Another person FINALLY realizing that going bald is NOT the end and not as bad as people think...well done.

Feels good, guys. It's something you find within yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Another person FINALLY realizing that going bald is NOT the end and not as bad as people think...well done.
    It's partially that, and it's partially knowing that I'm actively treating. Stressing out as I wait for the minox and fin to do their thing isn't helpful - quite the contrary.

I feel like spending too much time on this site conditions us to incessantly think about hair loss, when we should be focused on life.

Feels good, guys. It's something you find within yourself.

It's partially that, and it's partially knowing that I'm actively treating. Stressing out as I wait for the minox and fin to do their thing isn't helpful - quite the contrary.

I feel like spending too much time on this site conditions us to incessantly think about hair loss, when we should be focused on life.
    Same conclusion I made. Life is better.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    I don't think he realizes that at all. I think his mind is at ease knowing he is doing everything he can to keep his hair. He isn't giving up he battle with hair loss, he is just not going to obsess about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I don't think he realizes that at all. I think his mind is at ease knowing he is doing everything he can to keep his hair. He isn't giving up he battle with hair loss, he is just not going to obsess about it anymore.

Im sure he realizes going bald is not the end dude hence how he is finally going out socially and got himself a GF etc if thats not proof that going bald is NOT the end then i dont know what is...fair does about when i said not as bad as people think though i suppose if he dont think that that is.

You're both right. Just ordered more fin and minox liquid. The battle continues on my scalp, not beneath it.

You're both right. Just ordered more fin and minox liquid. The battle continues on my scalp, not beneath it.
    Regardless of the reason for leaving. I think you are doing the right thing. Stressing about hair loss blows, and such an effin waste of time. Treat it like you are doing and put it on the back burner. You will be missed around here. A level headed poster on these forums is sometimes hard to find. Hopefully you will drop by every now and then and give your input.

Great stuff BT. Yes I believe you are absolutely right about prowling the forums serves to just weigh on your mind the issue. Theres truths in surrounding yourself with positivity vs negativity. I experience joy when I am present in the now, in flow of living, such as participating in sports and hobbies, or hanging out with friends or girls. I dont think forums are redundant, as people do need help here and there are people in a position to help them, but I dont consider myself either of those groups.

I thought you should know I have arranged to meet Dr. Feriduni of Belgium, in London, for an FUE consultation in a few weeks. I will post my experience I should think, I am excited

Apologies for lack of apostrophe, my keyboard is busted!

Good luck with everything man.

I think no matter what you gotta keep women and gym in your life, hair or no hair. Maybe it's because I'm in high school but that's all I want.

For now I like to remind myself of the statistics whenever I realize my hair has gotten worse in some way. 90% chance? I should be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    Great stuff BT. Yes I believe you are absolutely right about prowling the forums serves to just weigh on your mind the issue. Theres truths in surrounding yourself with positivity vs negativity. I experience joy when I am present in the now, in flow of living, such as participating in sports and hobbies, or hanging out with friends or girls. I dont think forums are redundant, as people do need help here and there are people in a position to help them, but I dont consider myself either of those groups.

I thought you should know I have arranged to meet Dr. Feriduni of Belgium, in London, for an FUE consultation in a few weeks. I will post my experience I should think, I am excited

Apologies for lack of apostrophe, my keyboard is busted!
    Appreciate the feedback, friend.

Good luck with your consultation and tentative HT. I'll be interested in hearing your results!

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Good luck with everything man.

I think no matter what you gotta keep women and gym in your life, hair or no hair. Maybe it's because I'm in high school but that's all I want.

For now I like to remind myself of the statistics whenever I realize my hair has gotten worse in some way. 90% chance? I should be happy about that.
    Hey, fella. I'm almost 26 and I still care about my physical appearance as much as I did in high school. The difference at my age is the women aren't as conceited (most of them anyways) and the "measure of the man" has slowly shifted towards career (income, prestige, identity), stability/confidence, ability to engage in stimulating conversation, etc.

Better believe looks still matter, but less so than in Highschool; I don't think there's a time in our lives where we're judged more on looks than at your age.

I'm certain you'll triumph hair loss regardless of the outcome. Never lose sight of the long-term; stay diligent in your studies, career development, social skill promotion, etc.

I'll end with saying I'm always very impressed with dudes your age who endure this condition. It gives slightly older dudes like me a little perspective.

Best.