+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    No, grey hair is determined by genetics.
    my brother doesnt have any.

Do I have to be a NW4 with crown thinning to be taken seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    My last resort, if Fin doesn't work and I progress past this NW2, or even a NW3, is to "fake it till I make it".

I would forget the HTs, invest in a hair system, land a beautiful girl, and then 1 year down the line or so pretend to go crazy and shave my head and tell her I like it like this better because I feel "free".
    This is really the funniest thing I've read in while. "Pretend to go crazy" kills me every time.

Please yeahyeahyeah, don't spend another minute of your life worrying about your hair.

He's not your twin brother right? Stress doesn't have any influence on the pigmentation of your hair.

No, you have to suffer from actual hair loss to be taken seriously.

yeahyeahyeah's concerns are 100% legit

He knows his own hair/face better than any of you. The fact is, you do not need to be NW4+ for MPB to take a real toll on your appearance. It depends on your headshape & facial features....I have minor recession but it definitely affects my appearance in a negative way. I style my hair to hide it because my face dimensions were made for NW1, period.

Some guys can go as far as NW3 and it still looks ok if they have the right features. Others can recede minimally and lose points because it just throws off their proportions
    If hair loss has f*cked with your face it has f*cked with your face, it does not matter if you are NW2 or NW7

yeahyeahyeah.....have you considered wearing your hair longer? You can basically recreate your NW1 temples/hairline corners w/o being obvious, unless your hair texture is just all wrong for it

Come on! yeahyeahyeah clearly has body dysmorphic disorder.

If you showed his pictures to 1000 people asking them what's wrong with him, every single one of them wouldn't mention his hair.

This is worse than I thought. A lot of guys here need perspective. It does not matter if you are NW2 or 7? Tell me about it when you reach NW5.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    yeahyeahyeah's concerns are 100% legit

He knows his own hair/face better than any of you. The fact is, you do not need to be NW4+ for MPB to take a real toll on your appearance. It depends on your headshape & facial features....I have minor recession but it definitely affects my appearance in a negative way. I style my hair to hide it because my face dimensions were made for NW1, period.

Some guys can go as far as NW3 and it still looks ok if they have the right features. Others can recede minimally and lose points because it just throws off their proportions
    If hair loss has f*cked with your face it has f*cked with your face, it does not matter if you are NW2 or NW7

yeahyeahyeah.....have you considered wearing your hair longer? You can basically recreate your NW1 temples/hairline corners w/o being obvious, unless your hair texture is just all wrong for it
    I normally wear it longer , she cut it too short today.

To be honest,longer hair has never suited me. I am in a ****ed up predicament and considering HT surgery to straighten out my widows peak.

Come on! yeahyeahyeah clearly has body dysmorphic disorder.

If you showed his pictures to 1000 people asking them what's wrong with him, every single one of them wouldn't mention his hair.

This is worse than I thought. A lot of guys here need perspective. It does not matter if you are NW2 or 7? Tell me about it when you reach NW5.
    To be fair, some of us dont want to reach NW5

You won't reach NW5, you don't even have reached NW1,01.

You won't reach NW5, you don't even have reached NW1,01.
    If only you saw my hair before I stated losing, it was NW-1.

Most HT drs have diagnosed me as NW2

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

Do I have to be a NW4 with crown thinning to be taken seriously?
    I'll break it down for you...

If you came on this forum as a NW 1/2 who wanted to stay up to date on future developments or ways to maintain the hair you have, that would be fine and no one would have a problem with you. However that is not what you have done. You have made 1500+ posts in a little over a year, most of which are highly emotional post claiming that baldness is terrible and is ruining your life. For people like me who's life has been severely impacted by baldness, and based on your perfect head of hair, I want to punch you in the face for your ridiculous comments.

Its like if you had a mild 1st degree burn on a small portion of your right thigh and you went onto a forum for severe burn victims and made 1500+ posts about how your mild burn was ruining your life. No one on that forum would take you seriously and they would all hate you.

To show you what it means to suffer from mpb I will detail my story for you. I started losing my hair right after puberty. I noticed it around 12 years old. When I graduated from high school I was a diffused NW 3. By the time I was 21 I was a very diffused NW 6. At 24 I had a strip transplant by a doctor who is very respected, I was very naive and he lied to me and told me that the small amount of grafts I received, a little over 800, would change my life and my baldness problems would be solved. I was put in a position were I looked ridiculous not shaving down, but I couldn't because of the scars, so I resorted to concealers for 4 years. It ruined my life, I lost the only girl I ever loved, began drinking heavily and contemplated suicide on a daily biases. Less than a year ago I had a transplant with Dr. Rahal of 3340 grafts and it has grown in great, but I still need more work to fill in the 2/3rds and be some what content with the way I look .

So please forgive me if I want to stab you when I see you post comments about how terrible mpb is when you have a perfect head of hair. Stop being a little bitch and acting like your life is ruined when you have zero problems with hairloss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!