Advice needed -Transplant or SMP - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice needed -Transplant or SMP

Hello,

I am just turning 41 and my hair is receding at the temples.

Sadly i was born with quite a severe widows peak which gives me a naturally high hairline and although it hasnt receded that much it makes a big difference now.

MY hair started to recede quite a bit about 3 years ago when i had a bad accident and nearly died and had physical and mental health problems along with losing my job and home, stress etc. Happy to say im over the worst of all that but my hair hasnt grown back which is what i was hoping might happen with the stress gone.

Family hair background - dad is 75 and has a full, thick head of hair but my mom has the widows peak so i guess my hair is from her side of the family who i dont really know so cant say.

I've attached some pics. 2 from today facing the front and 1 from the side from earlier this year, in the side on photo ive had a shaved number 2 on the sides a week earlier.

I dont have any bald patches on the crown etc, the hair i do have grows to a decent thickness and length but like i say the temples moving back. In the pics ive drawn some red lines to show where my original hairline would be.

I'm torn between having a HT and having to take meds for the rest of my life or shaving my head and having the corners SMP'd in!! I did shave my head as a child ad i hated it although 25 years later it may suit me more i guess.

Any ideas/suggestions people? Money for the HT isnt an issue im worried about getting side effects though from the meds after. I did one of those rough estimates using squares and to restore my hairline id need 1000-ish grafts.

Another idea i had was to redesign my hairline and have say double the grafts and bring hairline forward and even it out removing widows peak? Can this be done?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hair side (3).jpg

Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	69214Click image for larger version

Name:	hair front (2).jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	69215Click image for larger version

Name:	hair front (1).jpg

Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	69216

Shave it, like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    Shave it, like a man

Not interested

Before you make any stupid decisions read through my thread.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

You don't necessarily need to take any medication after a HT. Generally the meds are taken to prevent more hair loss and they sometimes encourage and promote regrowth.
    Problem with SMP is that the ink fades over time and you need touch ups and the ink could also bleed out and turn into blotches.
    Try rogaine and see if there is any chances. You would need to apply it twice a day for at least 3 months to start seeing results.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabib View Post
    Hello,

I am just turning 41 and my hair is receding at the temples.

Sadly i was born with quite a severe widows peak which gives me a naturally high hairline and although it hasnt receded that much it makes a big difference now.

MY hair started to recede quite a bit about 3 years ago when i had a bad accident and nearly died and had physical and mental health problems along with losing my job and home, stress etc. Happy to say im over the worst of all that but my hair hasnt grown back which is what i was hoping might happen with the stress gone.

Family hair background - dad is 75 and has a full, thick head of hair but my mom has the widows peak so i guess my hair is from her side of the family who i dont really know so cant say.

I've attached some pics. 2 from today facing the front and 1 from the side from earlier this year, in the side on photo ive had a shaved number 2 on the sides a week earlier.

I dont have any bald patches on the crown etc, the hair i do have grows to a decent thickness and length but like i say the temples moving back. In the pics ive drawn some red lines to show where my original hairline would be.

I'm torn between having a HT and having to take meds for the rest of my life or shaving my head and having the corners SMP'd in!! I did shave my head as a child ad i hated it although 25 years later it may suit me more i guess.

Any ideas/suggestions people? Money for the HT isnt an issue im worried about getting side effects though from the meds after. I did one of those rough estimates using squares and to restore my hairline id need 1000-ish grafts.

Another idea i had was to redesign my hairline and have say double the grafts and bring hairline forward and even it out removing widows peak? Can this be done?

Attachment 69214Attachment 69215Attachment 69216
    Toupeec always hopes to help all customers who have needs about hair. If you have questions about the price of toupee, or any problems during the order, or you need to know more about the hair system, whether it is worn or selected, contact Alice by WhatsApp +8613165011553 or e-mail sales1@toupee.com , we look forward to your visit and provide you with the best service! We are very happy to receive any information from you.
    Toupeec recently launched a super skin hair system, which is now the most popular style. This poly skin hair system has all the advantages of the skin system, such as it is easy to wear and clean, has the most natural hairline, presents your most realistic head color, and it is super durable. The thickness of 0.08-0.12mm allows You keep it for 5-8 months, but this skin hair system only costs $129! ! Toupee hair piece has small holes on the skin base to maintain good air permeability and will not make your head stuffy. If you are interested, come take a look!

Why is this thick skin system more popular?

1. This skin hair system has good air permeability. There are holes in the skin. It can be as breathable as the base of lace, which can help your skin breathe.

2. The thickness of this fur system is 0.08mm-0.12mm. The thick skin can not only help you keep warm in cold weather, but also it is very durable. It can be used for about half a year.

3. Transparent skin base all over. Single split knots with V-looped hair. This hair system also has a natural gradual hairline for an even more realisitc look.

4.The skin will take on the appearance of your scalp, and no one is wiser than wearing your hair system

5.The skin hair system not only looks and feels great, but also is the simplest basic material for bonding and cleaning, which will make your hair system life more convenient.

6.$129 ultra-low price!high-quality hair system, currently the most popular skin hair system,Based on a six-month service life, you spend only $21.5 per month on maintaining your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    Before you make any stupid decisions read through my thread.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

You don't necessarily need to take any medication after a HT. Generally the meds are taken to prevent more hair loss and they sometimes encourage and promote regrowth.
    Problem with SMP is that the ink fades over time and you need touch ups and the ink could also bleed out and turn into blotches.
    Try rogaine and see if there is any chances. You would need to apply it twice a day for at least 3 months to start seeing results.
    Thank ytou but i was told ROgaine wouldnt work for the frontal hairline/temples, it was more for the back?!