+ Reply to Thread

Default I only have MPB on one side of my head :(

I started losing my hair 2 years ago now, but still I only have minaturisation on one side of my head.

I am just receding - no visible minaturisation at the back, just one one hairline corner, but this minaturisation is now extending back 2 inches and yet on the other side there is still no sign AT ALL.

I started minox foam a week ago. I told myself I should try fin as soon as I see both sides start minaturising, as if I go on before I will never know when the other side was supposed to start.

But now its getting a bit weird, and I dont know what to do and I dont know whether to start fin.

Have any of the hairloss doctors experienced any patients with MPB on one side only?

I have had this happen to me about 3 times so far. The first time was just at one corner as you describe. I really didn't know if it was mpb or not. I asked a hair doc about this and he told me that mpb just begins this way some time and the other side would eventually catch up-which it did but it took a long time.
    When it eventually started in the back, it started on the opposite side and was not central like most peoples.

its just ive been waiting 2 years now to see the other side start getting thinner hairs even at the hairline - they are still so thick all the way to the hairline

whereas on the other side its a lighter colour, the hair doesnt go in position how id like it and there are vellus white hair about 2 inches behind where my hairline used to be - ive started regaine foam for one week but nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    its just ive been waiting 2 years now to see the other side start getting thinner hairs even at the hairline - they are still so thick all the way to the hairline

whereas on the other side its a lighter colour, the hair doesnt go in position how id like it and there are vellus white hair about 2 inches behind where my hairline used to be - ive started regaine foam for one week but nothing so far
    Well if it's slow it will may a long time to see it advance. If it is like mine was, it will slowly move up your hairline, over to your forehead and then back over to the other side. But I would not wait for that to happen.

My experience with rogaine is that it will buy you time, but will not stop frontal loss for long. You are not going to see anything in 1 week..wait till about 4 months at least. If it keeps going consider fin. good luck!