+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this hair diffusion?

Hi all,

My hair looks thin (scalp visible) under camera flash or facing direct sunlight. I took a series of pics outside today showing the difference between facing towards away from the sun.

My question: is it normal to be able to see that much scalp, or is this a sign of diffusion and something I should be treating? I'm a 24 y.o. with short hair (1.5 inches or so).

Thanks!

Album: http://imgur.com/a/FS5eB

I personally think you are okay but to be sure go see an IAHRS doctor in your area to see what they think.

I disagree, the very first pic and the first two at :48 are the best to showcase that yes it seems to be diffuse.

All of the other pics are at such an angle as to mask it by the hairs laying over each other just right.

Its hard to tell. I think youre okay, but it might be really early stage hair loss. Keep taking photos and compare month by month. The good news is that if you are going bald, you caught it early

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I disagree, the very first pic and the first two at :48 are the best to showcase that yes it seems to be diffuse.

All of the other pics are at such an angle as to mask it by the hairs laying over each other just right.
    You also have to consider that not everyone has super thick hair to cover up the scalp. There are plenty of people out there with proper angles and sunlight where you can see the scalp. I have always had straight hair like the OP and even before I lost some hair before 20 you could see my scalp during certain angles.

You will know if you are balding........

You will see hair coming out when you wash it.

Try pulling at your hair, if it hurts to pull them, then your hair is strong and not falling out. If the hairs come out easily with no pain....then you're probably losing hair.