+ Reply to Thread

Default "Strip style" surgery but with FUE? repair with bht Thoughts/opinions please

Strip surgery using a fue technique?

Ok I've had a weird idea and just thought I'd throw it out there to get some opnions. So far after reading into body hair transplants it seems there are some major draw backs with it (length it grows, some don't like the appearance plus the unfortunate reality that it just doesn't even work at all for some people.

Now my question was this, could you FUE the sides and back of the head until you ave taken as much is aesthetically possible or maybe just a bit less than that. Then do a "strip style" procedure whereby removing a line of grafts exactly as you wold with FUT however you would be using FUE. Now you could then transplant some body hair grafts, into the "strip scar". This would give the benefit of having more "donor head hair" to transplant up top. As well as*
    hopefully giving a more natural appearance because although you could use a decent amount of body hair it would hopefully blend well into the back.

Ok what does everyone think, could that potentially be an option?*

Thanks everyone *

I should point out that obviously this should be after a test procedure had been done to see how well the body hair grew.

Also I suggested using a "strip style scar" instead of just implanting body hairs into little FUE "dot" scars purely because I thought it wild be easier not only to do but also to track the growth of the body hairs.*

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukcali View Post
    Strip surgery using a fue technique?

Then do a "strip style" procedure whereby removing a line of grafts exactly as you wold with FUT however you would be using FUE.

Ok what does everyone think, could that potentially be an option?*

Thanks everyone *
    Just to clarify, you are suggesting removing a row of follicular units completely? Removing them as in a pencil thin line like a good strip scar? Or are you suggesting taking FUE grafts completely from a 3mm+ wide line for example, across the donor area?

I will ask if Dr. Cole still performs "Donor Recharging". I haven't seen him do this in a long time, but basically, Donor Recharging is placing body hair into extraction sites.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Correct yes I was meaning removing a row of follicular units to leave a "line" across the donor area. I didn't have any particular size in mind, probably the "thinner" the better I'm guessing.*

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukcali View Post
    Correct yes I was meaning removing a row of follicular units to leave a "line" across the donor area. I didn't have any particular size in mind, probably the "thinner" the better I'm guessing.*
    I asked Dr. Cole about this. He told me in the early days of FUE many techniques were tried. For instance one method was similar to your idea... A thin strip would be shaved leaving a row of long hair above and below the thin shaved area where the grafts would be removed. This can leave a geometric pattern down the road. This was before ACell, PRP, ATP, and "donor recharging". Also in a thin extraction strip from ear to ear, you may be able to get a little over 200 grafts. The current donor strategy is one of avoiding the possibility of any man-made "patterns".

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I asked Dr. Cole about this. He told me in the early days of FUE many techniques were tried. For instance one method was similar to your idea... A thin strip would be shaved leaving a row of long hair above and below the thin shaved area where the grafts would be removed. This can leave a geometric pattern down the road. This was before ACell, PRP, ATP, and "donor recharging". Also in a thin extraction strip from ear to ear, you may be able to get a little over 200 grafts. The current donor strategy is one of avoiding the possibility of any man-made "patterns".

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Thanks for looking into that for me. I was actually enquiring more about the "donar recharging" idea. Basically I was wondering if you could use body hair and put it back into extraction sites? I know body hair is unreliable and hit or miss so this would obviously be after a test had been done already.

My reason for suggestion doing it in a straight line I.e a "strip style" was purely so yet would be easier for the surgeon but also easier for the patient to see the results. I.e it would be easy to find the line of transplanted hair whereas if it was just randomly dotted about the donar area it would be hard to find and therefore hard to track the results. Does that makes sense?