+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Topical Propecia

Has anyone ever thought of this? I am a chemist and am on the verge of trying minoxidil... However minoxidil is a solid, just like propecia. Propecia can be dissolved in ethanol (vodka), and applied. Minoxidil is generally the same concept.

Therefore, has anyone tried or interested in trying this?

Inactive

I'm fairly certain that it just gets absorbed systemically anyway. So if you're looking to do it to avoid sides, you won't have much success. You could make a case that it would be superior to oral fin in inhibiting actual scalp DHT but no studies have been done that I am aware of.

well, yes but the idea here is that the propecia would affect more A5R enzymes before it reaches near the prostate where it would become less useful for hairloss. Ingesting propecia localizes it in the liver or small intestine which will spread out the concentration.

Merck in 2002 applied for a patent for topical propecia, i realized after i wrote this so im still tryign to find more info..

http://www.*****************/hair-los...article172.php

to add more to this women are not allowed to handle fin and especially dut because it can be absorbed through the skin... interesting.

I asked this a week ago. I got one response and it was some guy saying it's a bad idea.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12192

Some dude already did a massive post on it that has like 20 pages of responses from last week. I've already seen it referred to on other sites as well.

From the pharmaceutical delivery mechanism of the pill even crushed even diluted in ethanol this will not work effectively. The half life of Minoxidil for skin absorption is roughly 4.2 hours foam or liquid as a topical. The half life of Finasteride is 8 hours as an ingestible drug.. changing its form into a soluble mixture is not enough even if you got lucky and hit the mark you would need propylene glycol among others things measured to expert chemist standards to get the right ratios mixed in a lab centrifuge. It is spoken about here at length.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=63541

And even with that you are risking your stash of Finasteride and possibly wasting it on a bad batch of something with no percentages or proven results just your own risky concoction made out of desperation with side effects galore to potentially hit you or worse yet no side effects but no results either so you are no better off except your supply is down three or more pills that could have used on three separate days.

My advice if Propecia or Finasteride is not working after more than a year without sides or .. go to Avodart the stronger cousin of Finasteride and past that if that does not work go for the HT. I am on 10 months of Finasteride with low to no sides at all , libido is fine, erections are there, semen and ejaculation checked out fine even still I have my kids already well before going on Fin and not looking for more. Two months down from now into July I will go on the Avodart train if I don't see anything improve. So far there has been no shedding of hair .. the hair has remained without progressive loss but I am looking to improve and fill in the bald spot. It might be a longer battle or an impossible battle to fight but I am here fighting it but I am taking the proper steps without shortcuts or rushing into something that could potentially make things worse without doing my homework and research.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebma View Post
    Has anyone ever thought of this? I am a chemist and am on the verge of trying minoxidil... However minoxidil is a solid, just like propecia. Propecia can be dissolved in ethanol (vodka), and applied. Minoxidil is generally the same concept.

Therefore, has anyone tried or interested in trying this?
    If youre a chemist, wanna give us some input on the the potential dangers of using BNP-32 as a topical solution for hair loss?

Read here;

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20120238498

I'm scared to use propecia after reading http://hairgrowthcure.com so was hoping there was going to be a topical propecia?