Rapidly receding hairline treatment? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Rapidly receding hairline treatment?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this sort of scene but I'm looking for some guidance into possible hair regrowth treatment.

I'm 25 years old and have a terrible hairline. It seems almost daily that my hair is getting worst. What's weird is that my crown seems to be fine and I have relatively thick hair. My main area for concern is my actual hairline (See images).

I'm so afraid to be this young with this type of hair loss. I like to think I still have 10+ years left before I go bald but I doubt it more and more every day.

Any help and support with what products/treatment to look into will be amazing.

Thank you so much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2933.JPG

Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	67518   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2934.JPG

Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	67519  

Hi there, thanks for sharing your photos.

When did you hair start to recede? And what is your Dad's hair like? Or your Mum's Dad's/brother's hair?

If you want to hold on to the hair on the center of your head and your crown I would start taking finasteride. Although having said that I would do your research first as it's not for everyone.

All the best

Hi Diffuse, thank you for this.

So I'd say roughly I started to loose my hair at the age of 21.

That's the thing; my immediate family all have a full head of hair with no signs of hair loss whatsoever. In terms of it being hereditary, no one comes to mind.

Thank you, I'll definitely have a look into Finasteride. What about possible treatments to promote the growth of hair missing in the front?

Many thanks.

Finasteride for 1 year min to see what it can do for you and if you can maintain with it and if your not happy but you are maintaining look into getting your hairline filled in by a REPUTABLE surgeon. I would say you wouldn't need more then 1200 grafts.

That's the thing will MPB, it can strike even if you don't have any immediate family who have lost hair young.

Like the other person who replied to you said, I would consider Finasteride to maintain the rest of your hair. Getting hair back on the triangles that have receded is always difficult and I'm not sure Min and derma rolling would do anything, as Min normally works on hairs that are miniaturized but still are there, and not on areas that are completely devoid of hair.

As for a HT, this is something I don't feel qualified to comment on. However, IMHO, if you can maintain what you have I wouldn't think a HT is necessary. The receded triangles look on the forehead is quite a natural look, and as long as it doesn't get any worse, is not a bad look IMO.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mia94 View Post
    Finasteride for 1 year min to see what it can do for you and if you can maintain with it and if your not happy but you are maintaining look into getting your hairline filled in by a REPUTABLE surgeon. I would say you wouldn't need more then 1200 grafts.
    Thank you! I've heard that if I go down the HT route then a well established surgeon is key so thank you for confirming this. Regarding the 1200 grafts, is that a lot or very little?

Quote Originally Posted by Diffuse33 View Post
    That's the thing will MPB, it can strike even if you don't have any immediate family who have lost hair young.

Like the other person who replied to you said, I would consider Finasteride to maintain the rest of your hair. Getting hair back on the triangles that have receded is always difficult and I'm not sure Min and derma rolling would do anything, as Min normally works on hairs that are miniaturized but still are there, and not on areas that are completely devoid of hair.

As for a HT, this is something I don't feel qualified to comment on. However, IMHO, if you can maintain what you have I wouldn't think a HT is necessary. The receded triangles look on the forehead is quite a natural look, and as long as it doesn't get any worse, is not a bad look IMO.

All the best.
    Maybe I'm just being extreme when it comes to all this and I simply need to embrace it. It's a shame because it only seems like yesterday I could fully style my hair and rock a quiff look haha (crys internally)

I was going to ask more about this Finasteride. Is it something I can just pick up off the shelf or do I need a prescription? It is a dangerous thing to take? Also, do I need to take it for the rest of my life to maintain my current hair?

Thank you so much for all this. It's really giving me some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by early247 View Post
    Maybe I'm just being extreme when it comes to all this and I simply need to embrace it. It's a shame because it only seems like yesterday I could fully style my hair and rock a quiff look haha (crys internally)

I was going to ask more about this Finasteride. Is it something I can just pick up off the shelf or do I need a prescription? It is a dangerous thing to take? Also, do I need to take it for the rest of my life to maintain my current hair?

Thank you so much for all this. It's really giving me some insight.
    Hi mate - just wanted to say if you're based in the UK you can get it from superdrug's online pharmacy (propecia and generic). I'm also 25 and my hairline is receding a bit, i've taken the drug for 9 months and not had any sides although it hasn't really made any difference for me. Everyone reacts differently so take all into account but some people have some real benefit and some get side effects- you won't really know until you take the plunge.