FUE into scar - Page 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Thanks for making this thread. Had a HT way back early 2001. It wasn't too bad but I wish to shave my head as my hair is progressively getting thinner once again and I'm wondering to just cover up the scar by same way of how you did it. I'm also worried about how the recepient site would look like when you shave it off if it would look obviously unnatural as it grows. I was also wondering about just tattooing the scar site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. Had a HT way back early 2001. It wasn't too bad but I wish to shave my head as my hair is progressively getting thinner once again and I'm wondering to just cover up the scar by same way of how you did it. I'm also worried about how the recepient site would look like when you shave it off if it would look obviously unnatural as it grows. I was also wondering about just tattooing the scar site.
    The FUE has improved the look of the scar when my hair is a bit longer and I am able to clip it down shorter than prior to FUE. However I don't believe that I don't think I'll be able to buzz my hair like the guy has in the baldtruth photo to the right. Pretty depressing. Although with that being said, I'm still going to buzz it down to see exactly what it looks like.

I wouldn't consider tattooing my head. There isn't enough follow up photos, videos or anything from someone who had it done. It's always within a week or so of the procedure but no one has ever set up a thread with a chronological photos such as I've done in this thread.

JustShaveIt, while I agree the data on SMP is still coming in, I think a temporary form of it might be more ideal. Did you consider doing Tricho pigmentation first? I ask because, according to everyone I've spoken to, it is a temporary solution that will fade after 1-2 years. It may even be an option if you want to go the shaved route. If you didn't like the results, you could wait until it fades then try something more permanent like FUE.

I have a couple of scars too and have the same concerns as you as I get older. However, my approach is the following:

1. Use make-up to hide the scar.

This is temporary and always changeable if my hair, scar evolve over time. However, if this limits me in some way (i.e. to live an active lifestyle as the scar is noticeable with wet hair, etc)

2. Look at semi-permanent/temporary solutions like Tricho pigmentation.

This is nice as I won't have to create more scars on my head to hide other scars. The trade off here is that it doesn't provide density on larger scar areas. If this doesn't provide the coverage I need and/or becomes too expensive manage over the long term, then..

3. Look at surgical options, such as FUE or Excision

I think you mentioned that you tried excising the scar first then FUE. Would you consider options 1 and 2 now to help? Also, which doctors did you go to to help with scar revision?

Quote Originally Posted by baldiscool View Post
    JustShaveIt, while I agree the data on SMP is still coming in, I think a temporary form of it might be more ideal. Did you consider doing Tricho pigmentation first? I ask because, according to everyone I've spoken to, it is a temporary solution that will fade after 1-2 years. It may even be an option if you want to go the shaved route. If you didn't like the results, you could wait until it fades then try something more permanent like FUE.
    I have looked into SMP and tricho however I have yet to be convinced that either are routes I want to take at the moment. There are a few micro clinic in my area however there are no clinic that tricho clinics. Also, I don't plan on traveling anywhere to have any sort of procedure done unless it's a few hour drive.

Would you consider options 1 and 2 now to help?
    # I am too physically active to wear any make up or concealment's.

#2 I'm not looking for density nor am I looking for the full head of hair look while shaved. At this stage I'm just wanting to improve the scar and try to keep my hair as short as possible.

Also, which doctors did you go to to help with scar revision?
    I will not mention the name of the doctor because I do not like to advertise. It was the same doctor that I had a HT with approx. 10 years ago as well as the FUE.

I will wait till my next holidays in December to shave my head and determine a course of action then. It will also give me a better idea and understanding of how my scar looks with the fue's. I may choose to do another smaller session of fue or at that point see how bad or passable the scar looks and keep it shaved. Don't know at this point.

It's that time. It's been almost a year since my FUE into the scar (544 grafts), holidays are here so it's time buzz my head. I'm not completely satisfied with the results and I think I may need another fue into scar treatment. Here are a tone of photos. Some parts of the scar doesn't appear as though there were any implanted, other parts of scars are questionable.

Hello JustShaveit,

I am considering a repair of my FUT scar by FUE as well. Are you still online? I would like to get some advice from you. I had 2 procedures back in 1990/1992 (older plugs) and would like to actually remove them and use the hair in the scars. Would you be willing to advise me? Also, how did yours turn out to date?

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer8 View Post
    Hello JustShaveit,

I am considering a repair of my FUT scar by FUE as well. Are you still online? I would like to get some advice from you. I had 2 procedures back in 1990/1992 (older plugs) and would like to actually remove them and use the hair in the scars. Would you be willing to advise me? Also, how did yours turn out to date?
    Hi, I'm not online however I get notifications to my email if anyone posts to my thread.

The scar is still noticeable close up when I buzz with clip #2 which is a 1/4" size. No one says anything or questions it however I have notice people looking. I've been using this clip size for the past 4 months to build up my confidence to eventually go lower. Ultimately I'd like to buzz with no clip with the scar visible however I'm not ready mentally and psychologically to do it yet.

I am open to speaking with you.

Thank you very much. I have buzzed to skin and the scars are visible. I use SMP to blend it. I am just tired of trying to hide it and the skin back and sides looks best on me. Is there a way to post a private message so that I can give you my phone number?

you can email me at dmeyer8@ford.com and we will go from there. Thanks!!

Thank you very much. I have buzzed to skin and the scars are visible. I use SMP to blend it. I am just tired of trying to hide it and the skin back and sides looks best on me. Is there a way to post a private message so that I can give you my phone number?
    I think SMP is just a fad and doesn't do what it says it is suppose to do. There are many photos of SMP just after the procedure however you can never find any photos of how the SMP looks after 2 years.

If you think the scar will disappear if you do FUE into it, it won't. Especially if you buzz or clip your hair short.

you can email me at dmeyer8@ford.com and we will go from there. Thanks!!
    I would rather chat on this tread.