+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

20 days on Minox: insane shedding. 2-3 hairs every pull test.

Guess that means it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    20 days on Minox: insane shedding. 2-3 hairs every pull test.

Guess that means it's working.
    Same things happenin' to me right now brah. Hopefully the future is friendly to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Same things happenin' to me right now brah. Hopefully the future is friendly to us.
    Yeah, I pull-tested 6 hairs in one pull -- whoa. I've been reading sci lit all day for work, so the I've just been watching the hair fall. They're like 95% miniaturized hairs, so I feel good about it. And frankly, my hair looks and feels pretty good today, so I'm not stressing too much.

All this worry and stress isn't going to prevent hair loss -- quite the opposite, most likely. I can honestly say I'm getting to the point where, if I had to, I could just shave my head and have it be my "look". I'm increasingly thinking it would be cooler to do it while I still have hair and pretend like it's a fashion thing.

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried. Also, I just ordered a bunch of sick threads for the fall season - gotta boost out presentation however we can.

Good luck to you too, brother.

Yeah, I pull-tested 6 hairs in one pull -- whoa. I've been reading sci lit all day for work, so the I've just been watching the hair fall. They're like 95% miniaturized hairs, so I feel good about it. And frankly, my hair looks and feels pretty good today, so I'm not stressing too much.

All this worry and stress isn't going to prevent hair loss -- quite the opposite, most likely. I can honestly say I'm getting to the point where, if I had to, I could just shave my head and have it be my "look". I'm increasingly thinking it would be cooler to do it while I still have hair and pretend like it's a fashion thing.

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried. Also, I just ordered a bunch of sick threads for the fall season - gotta boost out presentation however we can.

Good luck to you too, brother.
    I feel you dawg. Do what we can, but be accepting of whatever the outcome may be. If your taking action against your hair loss, while still constantly improving in other areas of your life, your on the right track. Personally if I can really slow down or halt it, I'd consider that a bonus at this point.

I'm close to doing the same thing as you man. If i am below baseline in 6 months, I'm pullin' out the razor b.

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried.
    Wow man. Same as me but switch out the minox for keto & also throw in a bunch of experimental supplements.
    You should almost definitely be able to maintain on your regimen. In a year from now you will probably be in good shape. How often do you dut? Is it generic or Avodart?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Wow man. Same as me but switch out the minox for keto & also throw in a bunch of experimental supplements.
    You should almost definitely be able to maintain on your regimen. In a year from now you will probably be in good shape. How often do you dut? Is it generic or Avodart?
    Sorry, I didn't see this before. I was using dut once a week in place of finasteride on the day I would take it. I did it for three weeks but skipped this most recent week. It's generic from inhouse.

I haven't decided if I want to keep taking it or just stick to finasteride. Taking dut caused me to get sides similar to when I started fin, which were temporary (nipple itch, prostate tingle).

Minox shed has stopped. Was losing hair like absolutely crazy for a week, but they were all miniaturized hairs. Now the shedding has stopped and my hair quality is good.

I've got some hairs sprouting at the hair line, but they're few and farm between.

I'm excited to see where my hair looks in a year. I've added cardio almost daily to my life and I feel a lot better about everything. Circulation feels good and I have kinda shook the fatigue that was hitting me from time-to-time.

Onward to victory.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Sorry, I didn't see this before. I was using dut once a week in place of finasteride on the day I would take it. I did it for three weeks but skipped this most recent week. It's generic from inhouse.

I haven't decided if I want to keep taking it or just stick to finasteride. Taking dut caused me to get sides similar to when I started fin, which were temporary (nipple itch, prostate tingle).

Minox shed has stopped. Was losing hair like absolutely crazy for a week, but they were all miniaturized hairs. Now the shedding has stopped and my hair quality is good.

I've got some hairs sprouting at the hair line, but they're few and farm between.

I'm excited to see where my hair looks in a year. I've added cardio almost daily to my life and I feel a lot better about everything. Circulation feels good and I have kinda shook the fatigue that was hitting me from time-to-time.

Onward to victory.
    I'm glad everything is looking good for you dood. You were one of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading the most on this site. Keep on at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    You were one of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading the most on this site.
    Word. BigThinker and Shan.......and Aames.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Word. BigThinker and Shan.......and Aames.
    I'm in good company.

7 months finasteride
    1.5 months minox 5% 1-2 times daily

I dropped the dut for now. Using minox twice a day mostly, but occasionally once a day. Missed a few weekend applications.

Shedding is way down. Was previously losing tons of miniaturized hairs. Lots of blonde hairs popping up on hairline.

Overall density is below baseline slightly - especially thin on the cowlick. Getting hard to style hair, and mostly rocking the boring, extra short, soon-to-be NW3 (if not already) hair cut.
    Attached Images