+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

yes i do remember him as an aggressive player...too bad he didn't play against barcelona .

a lot of sporters actually go bald very young...i think half of the dutch national team is already bald...except the old coach :P. maybe testosterone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    yes i do remember him as an aggressive player...too bad he didn't play against barcelona .

a lot of sporters actually go bald very young...i think half of the dutch national team is already bald...except the old coach :P. maybe testosterone?
    Epigenetics also. Environmental influences or diet can accelerate MPB. I wouldn't say more Dutch people have the genes for MPB, it's just that they might bald younger due to diet and lifestyle. No question that an active lifestyle and exercise will ramp up T and DHT. Diet and epigenetics may also explain why you guys are so damn tall. I'm 1.85m but that's the average nowadays for Dutch men from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Epigenetics also. Environmental influences or diet can accelerate MPB. I wouldn't say more Dutch people have the genes for MPB, it's just that they might bald younger due to diet and lifestyle. No question that an active lifestyle and exercise will ramp up T and DHT. Diet and epigenetics may also explain why you guys are so damn tall. I'm 1.85m but that's the average nowadays for Dutch men from what I've read.
    Haha...I think in most countries MPB is accelarating...stress is also a factor...and radiation. Yes we are the tallest people of Europe with an average male height of 1m81 and female height of 1m69 i believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    Haha...I think in most countries MPB is accelarating...stress is also a factor...and radiation. Yes we are the tallest people of Europe with an average male height of 1m81 and female height of 1m69 i believe...
    Yeah I'd love to see data. I reckon we are balding younger. My father didn't start thinning until 34. I'm 25 now (norwood 2/2.5ish) but I've been thinning since about 21/22 I'd say albeit slowly but it's speeding up now. So I got a 12 or 13 year head start on the old man. In that case I should be norwood 6 by 30.

Id agree with this, cant believe how many people are thinning these days - its crazy, every guy in my family and most of my friends are experiencing it.... but nobody talks about it... but I know in their privacy they're probably on all the forums looking for updates lol.

The unfortunate thing is in my extended family which is a big one, neither grandfather, no uncles or cousins have the damn baldness. Neither has my brother. Myself and my father are the only ones. My father has no idea where his baldness came from. Probably the milkman.

The unfortunate thing is in my extended family which is a big one, neither grandfather, no uncles or cousins have the damn baldness. Neither has my brother. Myself and my father are the only ones. My father has no idea where his baldness came from. Probably the milkman.
    I've got no idea where my mpb comes from..no-one in my family is or was bald..

**** I've got an older brother than me with a hairline like Action
    Man who's nearly 50!! How fkn angry does that make me?!

Yeah, Milkman has crossed my mind too

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Id agree with this, cant believe how many people are thinning these days - its crazy, every guy in my family and most of my friends are experiencing it.... but nobody talks about it... but I know in their privacy they're probably on all the forums looking for updates lol.
    There's an old song by The Jam called 'Private Hell' not about hairloss at all but could be taken in that context.

They're all going thru their own private hell, it's ****in true

Off topic, but your post reminded me of my days listening to that band and my wicked old Paul Weller hairdo lol.

Yeah I'd love to see data. I reckon we are balding younger. My father didn't start thinning until 34. I'm 25 now (norwood 2/2.5ish) but I've been thinning since about 21/22 I'd say albeit slowly but it's speeding up now. So I got a 12 or 13 year head start on the old man. In that case I should be norwood 6 by 30.
    well...what's really funny is that my grandfather from my mother's side never went bald. but my cousin's from my mother side, as well as i, are all balding...at very young ages (i had a receding hairline since i was 16 or 17...but only now it's beginning to be visable (i'm 23)). my dad on the other hand is 62 and has the hairline of a teenager...so you see a lot of older people with intact hairlines, but A LOT of young people who are thinning at like 18-22. in a way it makes me feel good like i'm not alone...on the other hand it's pretty sad.

‘Standbyme’, you’re right it could lead to a load of botched jobs, but unfortunately I think that’s going to happen whether it becomes a popular procedure or remains underground. A friend of mine who had it done told me a few simple rules to follow when looking for a HT, he said: - Do your research, talk to doctors and above all don’t go for the cheapest option just because it’s the cheapest option!!!!

Rooney, like ‘follicle death row’ mentioned has a great sense off humour about this thinning dome and it seems also about his newly thatched noggin. I really hope it continues.

Its in stark contrast to Say Matthew Mcconaughey. What a let down, he had a chance to change the opinion of people but he blow it!! He put it down to some miracle lotion! What a load of rubbish. It’s shameful because it fills people with false hope and he made himself look foolish and sad for lying!! If he’d been honest and said ‘I was losing it so I got a HT, simple as that! Now look at all the dolce and gabbana ads and new movie parts I’m getting!!! $$$$$$ (crap movies in general) but he’s still getting them. I guarantee he wouldn’t have got them if he hadn’t fixed his hair line. It’s sad but it’s the way it is.