+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Thymosin beta 4 - activation of hair stem cells

Latest research suggests that mpb is due to stem cell inactivation (same amount of stem cells but lack of more mature progenitor cells). If anyone wants to cure the hairloss they should focus on this. Thymosin beta 4 is a known peptide that is able to activate all kinds of stemcells to mature into progenitors and beyond. It also has been proven to grow hair in animal studies.

The scientists found that the male pattern bald scalp contains the same number of follicles, but they are miniaturised, their progenitors are missing, these missing cells are normaly located in lower bulb and in hair germ.

lower bulb and hair germ cells are responsible for creation of anagen hair. They are cells that get activated at the end of catagen and they form the anagen follicle that then grows the thick hair.

Because our bald scalp seriously lacks the lower bulb and hair germ cells, our hair follicles grow into only small ones, and then they grow only small vellous hair.

Thymosin beta 4 has been proven in animal studies to grow thick hair and the mechanism by which this happens has been shown to be the activation of stem cells upon which the cells mature and migrate down from the bulge to the lower bulb and hair germ areas.

Theres serious research behind this and I can provide links to studies that show the regrowth.

Thymosin beta 4 is now licensed by 2 different companies (one owns the rights for various usages where repair of body damage is needed - repair of heart etc.) and second holds the rights for hair growth. Unfortunately, the company holding the rights for hair growth is not rly pushing it to the market. They have been holding the rights for many years now. And its 9 years now since the thymosin discovery has been made.

The downside for the thymosin beta 4 is that it seems to be stable for only 3 weeks on its own and its somehow expensive as well.

Anyway, there was a case of a guy reported by Dr. Cole on this site. The guy was treated by PRP+acell+thrombin. He had a remarkable thick hair regrowth in the areas of his scalp that were quite bald. Ceratinly it was by far the best PRP/acell result I have seen. By far the best.

What is interesting is that when platelets (prp) get activated by thrombin, thymosin beta 4 is released. This is a possible explanation why this guy had the best prp regrowth we have seen so far. The exceptional amount of the regrowth can be acknowledged when we realize that this was done after one single application. This particular result is probably better than what histogen grew in their trials.

The link to the prp+acell+thrombin thread is here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5251

tb4 is in Polaris NR-09. you can find more info here http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-09.php

it seems that its not being sold anywhere

I also somehow doubt that the amount there will be at any therapeutic amounts. The reason is that its quite costy ingredient. Its listed as auxiliary ingredient only as well. But thanks for the link

Is this PRP+Acell+Thrombin treatment used without having a hair transplant. If I could get this PRP+Acell+Thrombin treatment and achieve hair growth without having a hair transplant, I would do it in a second.

I'm seriously thinking about the PRP treatment. Im just trying to find a doctor in my area, but if I have to travel then I will.

VictimOfDHT: If i was considering PRP, id go with Cole and his thrombin procedure as well.

PRP on its own is not giving any serious results imho. Lot of the PRP only images I have seen are just darker on the after photo, or theres a different combing.

I basicaly havent seen a single PRP nor PRP+acell example that would be showing a convincing regrowth.

the PRP+thrombin+acell is the only exception and it may possibly be due to the thymosin beta 4 that gets released after platelets get activated by thrombin.

Thanks, debris. I too notice the obviously darker "after" photos. It is the same old trick. But I've heard good things about Dr. Greco in Florida. I also saw the video on youtube. It seems legit but I dont know.

Does this involve having a hair transplant or can this treatment be done without having your head cut open?

Quote Originally Posted by debris View Post
    Latest research suggests that mpb is due to stem cell inactivation (same amount of stem cells but lack of more mature progenitor cells). If anyone wants to cure the hairloss they should focus on this. Thymosin beta 4 is a known peptide that is able to activate all kinds of stemcells to mature into progenitors and beyond. It also has been proven to grow hair in animal studies.

The scientists found that the male pattern bald scalp contains the same number of follicles, but they are miniaturised, their progenitors are missing, these missing cells are normaly located in lower bulb and in hair germ.

lower bulb and hair germ cells are responsible for creation of anagen hair. They are cells that get activated at the end of catagen and they form the anagen follicle that then grows the thick hair.

Because our bald scalp seriously lacks the lower bulb and hair germ cells, our hair follicles grow into only small ones, and then they grow only small vellous hair.

Thymosin beta 4 has been proven in animal studies to grow thick hair and the mechanism by which this happens has been shown to be the activation of stem cells upon which the cells mature and migrate down from the bulge to the lower bulb and hair germ areas.

Theres serious research behind this and I can provide links to studies that show the regrowth.

Thymosin beta 4 is now licensed by 2 different companies (one owns the rights for various usages where repair of body damage is needed - repair of heart etc.) and second holds the rights for hair growth. Unfortunately, the company holding the rights for hair growth is not rly pushing it to the market. They have been holding the rights for many years now. And its 9 years now since the thymosin discovery has been made.

The downside for the thymosin beta 4 is that it seems to be stable for only 3 weeks on its own and its somehow expensive as well.

Anyway, there was a case of a guy reported by Dr. Cole on this site. The guy was treated by PRP+acell+thrombin. He had a remarkable thick hair regrowth in the areas of his scalp that were quite bald. Ceratinly it was by far the best PRP/acell result I have seen. By far the best.

What is interesting is that when platelets (prp) get activated by thrombin, thymosin beta 4 is released. This is a possible explanation why this guy had the best prp regrowth we have seen so far. The exceptional amount of the regrowth can be acknowledged when we realize that this was done after one single application. This particular result is probably better than what histogen grew in their trials.

The link to the prp+acell+thrombin thread is here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5251

Is that a before–after comparison? I see no marked difference, if it is: look at the way the hair is combed in the second shot.