+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

ZOMG GUISE! R3AD DIS!

"Guys rumor has it that Arashi is related to a hair transplant clinic and only vouches for HT. Also, Swooping has a relationship with an AAPE company and he gets cuts.

These guys are professional con artists that launch systematic campaigns on forums to destroy competition.

First Arashi destroyed Dr. Gho's hair transplant practice . Now Swooping and Arashi are tag teaming to destroy Follicept and other competitors to promote their AAPE (snake oil)

Facts are clear!"

SPREAD THE WORD!!

In all seriousness, was this guy above being sarcastic or are people seriously thinking this stupid sh*t? Since this quote is from the website of Follicept, it automatically makes me think it's meant in a serious way but then again I believe there are quite some people trolling over there so who knows.

Wouldnt shedding a huge amount of hair though be a good thing? It seems like a big shed means your hair is syncing up its hair cycles and that the treatment is doing something. If it all grows back the next cycle than how is that a bad thing? Although if you quit fin recently its always possible the shed is catch up loss for quitting that

I would be just as concerned as staythick abnomal shedding happend so quickly after adding a topical. Dont blame him at all for being cautious.
    Personally i have tried EVERYTHING i can get my hands on to stop hairloss and shedding always occurs, but the regrowth NEVER happens for me. Ever. So I cant say that shedding is always a positive, cause theres no promise it will come back.
    Theres not one of us here who who wouldnt be concerned with losing so much so fast. Be careful staythick

Also i am wondering if something else might have accidentally mixed w the follicept solution on that one part of his scalp; hairspray, gel, minox...anything.
    When i was using indometacin i had the worst itch on the back of my head just in a 2" radius even though i was using it everywhere. It was very strange it only caused irritation on that one part of my head

Thanks staythick for doing this. I would freak out too if I was in your position but like a bunch of guys are saying this could be a good thing. Since you've decided to go ahead with it, just stay positive and let's hope for the best.

(Just a gut feeling but I honestly feel this is a good sign and it that it will work)

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Wouldnt shedding a huge amount of hair though be a good thing? It seems like a big shed means your hair is syncing up its hair cycles and that the treatment is doing something. If it all grows back the next cycle than how is that a bad thing? Although if you quit fin recently its always possible the shed is catch up loss for quitting that
    The weird thing is that none of the other trialist seem to mention shedding

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I

The sink was at the very end of me washing out the product. I had tons of hair sprinkled all over pillow and desk area prior.

Got up alarmed and emailed Devon. Was advised to wash it off immediately, I did and more and more hair was falling off and then going down the drain. My picture of my sink clearly did not reveal all of the above, but I've never had a shed like that EVER. With any treatment in the past. Never. So I didn't know what to think about the situation especially after vial #2.

Also I'm not stressed. However, I became stressed yesterday when I saw a monsoon of hair coming out from my crown area. This wasn't an exaggeration or else I wouldn't have posted it.

I'll keep you all in the loop. Rest assured.

I understand that you got concerned when you saw what appeared to be a shed but I hope you didn't wash the treatment out because the shed may have been a good sign. If you washed the treatment out then that could mess up the results because you will be confusing your body.

Keep in mind that the body does things to offset treatments. For example, when people take finasteride the body produces more androgen receptors to compensate for the loss of DHT. By producing more androgen receptors more Testosterone can bind and make up for the reduction of DHT.

Well, similar things might be going on in your body with IGF-1. If you add IGF-1 (which Follicept may do) then your body might try to counteract that extra IGF-1 in some way so you have to keep using the treatment to stay ahead of the body's counteraction. If you stop using the treatment, or wash it out of your head right away, then you will be giving your body a chance to overcome the treatment.

You need to stop panicking.

Swooping is probably right. Didn't see that you were on fin and minox, so it makes sense that you would start shedding after dropping those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    Swooping is probably right. Didn't see that you were on fin and minox, so it makes sense that you would start shedding after dropping those.
    I dropped both those treatments way prior to even starting Follicept. Those played zero role in this situation. I'm currently just using Follicept per instructions from Devon and Dr. Hsu.

My hair has been stabilized for quite some time before Follicept, just slowly getting thinner because I'm freaking balding.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I understand that you got concerned when you saw what appeared to be a shed but I hope you didn't wash the treatment out because the shed may have been a good sign. If you washed the treatment out then that could mess up the results because you will be confusing your body.

Keep in mind that the body does things to offset treatments. For example, when people take finasteride the body produces more androgen receptors to compensate for the loss of DHT. By producing more androgen receptors more Testosterone can bind and make up for the reduction of DHT.

Well, similar things might be going on in your body with IGF-1. If you add IGF-1 (which Follicept may do) then your body might try to counteract that extra IGF-1 in some way so you have to keep using the treatment to stay ahead of the body's counteraction. If you stop using the treatment, or wash it out of your head right away, then you will be giving your body a chance to overcome the treatment.

You need to stop panicking.
    Very interesting theory and I hear you. I'll consider this on my treatment tomorrow.

Again, my concern was simply because of how quickly it occurred. Not the first dose, but second, why? And why just a few hours removed from the 2nd dose did I feel such an itch and then followed by a shed. It's only that aspect of the situation that lead me to concern. The rate of which it all occurred.

I'm good though. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for your feedback.