+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I'm not concerned that they will post "false" results. I'm concerned that they will post inconclusive and ambiguous results and then use camera trickery, marketing hype, and people's vulnerabilities to sell an unproven product just like TRX2 did.

Right. Just like how Oxford University disowned Thomas Whitfield or the University of California disowned Gregory Maguire.

Good God! These people aren't selfless angels in lab suits. They're part of a for-profit corporation. They want us to spend our hard-earned money on their hair loss product. Get a grip!

Do you honestly think the skeptics on this forum are nothing but a bunch of balding curmudgeons who want to quash a promising new treatment? You know, I WANT to be wrong about Follicept. In fact, I HOPE I'm wrong about Follicept. I would LOVE to be wrong about Follicept.

I'm upset because I see this whole thing playing out the same way TRX2 did. Make bold claims before there has even been a trial. Get people excited. Sell a product while the proof of efficacy is "pending." Go about the in-house trial in such a haphazard way (i.e. no controls, no hair counts or buzz cuts) that we're unlikely to get clear evidence of failure or success. The subjects will grow their hair out, their hair will be longer in the next set of photos, the angles and lighting will be different, some will have different hair styles or combovers. The optimists on these forums will interpret this as evidence that Follicept at least maintains and all rush out to buy it, and it will be a year or two before the community concludes that it doesn't work and dismisses it as another scam.
    Unfortunately, I agree with everything you just said. On the money.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Devon, appreciate the updates dude, but I personally can give two flying hoots about an insulin patch you hope to get to market by 2019. How about we know more about Follicept and how the trials are going for this gel you've developed I believe will do absolutely nothing for hairloss.

Granted this is a hairloss forum, but your hair loss is significant in my opinion and I can guarantee (albeit early) your IGF-1 formulation has done absolutely nothing for you at this point hair wise.

I won't and can't be mad at you if and when your gel fails. You're doing a hell of a lot more than most companies when it comes to trying to solve this absolute curse men and woman suffer with. So kudos to you on that front.

I cannot see any way your IGF-1 topical will do a damn thing for anyone fighting MPB. I for one will not be on my knees praying for this to work like the other desperate males that frequent your personal forum when I believe your companies motive is to generate cash flow to fund your insulin patch and capitalize on a very, very desperate but cash cow crowd. It's my opinion.

I wish you all the best. I live near UF and would be happy to stop by and be a participant in your "trial" and properly document my results for this forum if desired. I know how everyone on here judges photos and can easily post my progress to everyone's satisfaction on here.

Wish you all best.
    lol. first you clearly state you don't believe in the follicept gel at all and even insult them by saying their motive is to generate money to fund the insulin patch, and then you add you would be in for a trial and documenting the process.
    i don't understand you guys.

hairloss aside, if anyone here still believes that the insulin patch isn't a great thing and changing the world for the better, then it's purely ignorant. if you saw the video devon just posted, you see that the whole bunch of needles is replaced by a single patch (for 1 week).
    if that's not fantastic i don't know what else is. assuming devon is no liar they already have 1 million of funding for the patch. no need to make a quick buck on a scammy hairloss product.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    lol. first you clearly state you don't believe in the follicept gel at all and even insult them by saying their motive is to generate money to fund the insulin patch, and then you add you would be in for a trial and documenting the process.

hairloss aside, if anyone here still believes that the insulin patch isn't a great thing and changing the world for the better, then it's purely ignorant. if you saw the video devon just posted, you see that the whole bunch of needles is replaced by a single patch (for 1 week).
    if that's not fantastic i don't know what else is. assuming devon is no liar they already have 1 million of funding for the patch. no need to make a quick buck on a scammy hairloss product.
    They are crowdfunding for the patch. More reasons to grow a cult status on hair loss forums

Some guys have already claimed they don't care if IGF doesn't work, they want whatever that patch is using to try it with things like RU and CB

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post

What from my comment doesn't make sense to you? Not believing there product will work wouldn't stop me from trialling it, especially considering I live right near the University of Florida campus and can essentially trial this to satisfy the forums expectations regarding how to properly document using the product via proper lighting, quality photos, etc.

I don't understand how you're confused from that. Does offering to trial there gel change the fact I don't believe it will work? No! That's why I'm offering to trial it since that's what they are doing at moment to essentially prove to people like me it actually works to some degree...all mind you right near me!

I don't understand why you can't understand or properly read such a simple statement. My theory regarding there motive is my opinion...all will be exposed soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    What from my comment doesn't make sense to you? Not believing there product will work wouldn't stop me from trialling it, especially considering I live right near the University of Florida campus and can essentially trial this to satisfy the forums expectations regarding how to properly document using the product via proper lighting, quality photos, etc.

I don't understand how you're confused from that. Does offering to trial there gel change the fact I don't believe it will work? No! That's why I'm offering to trial it since that's what they are doing at moment mind you right near me!

I don't understand why you can't understand or properly read such a simple statement. My theory regarding there motive is my opinion...all will be exposed soon enough.
    Told you. Call me/ come in on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Some guys have already claimed they don't care if IGF doesn't work, they want whatever that patch is using to try it with things like RU and CB
    Basically what I've been wondering. If IGF unfortunately doesn't work wouldn't this patch technically be revolutionary for delivering larger molecules like CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post

I'm upset because I see this whole thing playing out the same way TRX2 did. Make bold claims before there has even been a trial. Get people excited. Sell a product while the proof of efficacy is "pending." Go about the in-house trial in such a haphazard way (i.e. no controls, no hair counts or buzz cuts) that we're unlikely to get clear evidence of failure or success. The subjects will grow their hair out, their hair will be longer in the next set of photos, the angles and lighting will be different, some will have different hair styles or combovers. The optimists on these forums will interpret this as evidence that Follicept at least maintains and all rush out to buy it, and it will be a year or two before the community concludes that it doesn't work and dismisses it as another scam.
    You are upset before you see what has happened. I understand you are tired, but you are upset before results are even released. It is a bit silly.

Congrats Devon! This is awesome!! This is definitely a great moment for you!

And StayThick, here is your opportunity to see if these guys are fake or not. Take it. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Told you. Call me/ come in on Tuesday.
    There you go, StayThick. Give us the scoop, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    There you go, StayThick. Give us the scoop, brother.
    Are you serious? Get your butt over there StayThick ASAP u lucky guy

I think it would be great for everyone if StayThick could be a participant in the trials. Member of BTT since 2012, hundreds of posts, obviously credible, sceptical of the treatment but open-minded enough to participate... just the ideal candidate for documenting his progress here. Devon is more than open to the idea - let's get it done