+ Reply to Thread

Default Finateride no results after 9 months

So I’ve been subscribed to HIMS to get finasteride and DHT shampoo for about 9 months. I am religious with my adherence to one pill per day. I’m pretty good with the shampoo apart from when I travel.

I started in about December of 2018, with foam minoxidil. However, I never liked using it as it left my hair sticky and also I felt incredibly bloated when I used it. So I stopped using that in maybe January/February and stuck to just finasteride. Since taking it I have not stopped losing hair, in fact I’ve noticed my bald spot in the back maybe staying the same, but my front hairline severely retreating and thinning out. Almost aggressively so to where I started wearing hats at the gym because when I sweat it’s very obvious and unattractive.

At this point, is finasteride a dud and should i just consider surgery? It’s embarrassing and I lost a lot of self confidence over the past 5 years from this, am willing to try anything but minoxidil i has used in the past as well and it didn’t work for me either.

I’m just about 36 and ready to throw in the towel to ever having hair again, the problem is I know I’d be very unattractive as a shaved headed guy so I’m hanging on hope that I can at least hang on to what I have left, as opposed to the “new growth” that I see espoused all over the place in the HIMS ads that just piss me right off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hey what’s your diet? You take any supplements for gym?

What brand finesteride are you using? Generic or genuine propecia? As genuine is much better consistency.

Could be that minoxidil made your shedding much worse than it should have been. I applied that garbage only once and 10 days later i got a massive shed (300 hairs daily) that never slowed down. Ofcourse I ended up blaming it on propecia suddenly losing its affectiveness 10 days after applying it, but what a coincidence? Minoxidil is a bad idea IMO for people with good density who get greedy for regrowth, buys you 3-4 years until you either discontinue and shed like crazy and lose more than you would have or it stops working. Id suggest trying Avodart/Dutasteride and see if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermac View Post
    So I’ve been subscribed to HIMS to get finasteride and DHT shampoo for about 9 months. I am religious with my adherence to one pill per day. I’m pretty good with the shampoo apart from when I travel.

I started in about December of 2018, with foam minoxidil. However, I never liked using it as it left my hair sticky and also I felt incredibly bloated when I used it. So I stopped using that in maybe January/February and stuck to just finasteride. Since taking it I have not stopped losing hair, in fact I’ve noticed my bald spot in the back maybe staying the same, but my front hairline severely retreating and thinning out. Almost aggressively so to where I started wearing hats at the gym because when I sweat it’s very obvious and unattractive.

At this point, is finasteride a dud and should i just consider surgery? It’s embarrassing and I lost a lot of self confidence over the past 5 years from this, am willing to try anything but minoxidil i has used in the past as well and it didn’t work for me either.

I’m just about 36 and ready to throw in the towel to ever having hair again, the problem is I know I’d be very unattractive as a shaved headed guy so I’m hanging on hope that I can at least hang on to what I have left, as opposed to the “new growth” that I see espoused all over the place in the HIMS ads that just piss me right off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Are you norwood 5-6 because as soon as you start the better as soon as you reach norwood 5-6 the less likely you would recover to the full glory it can happen but very less likely, Have you tried dusteride or upping the dosage i seen many guys on youtube who did say some people might see results in little as 3 months and on the other hand a year to see some visible results , If you are not suffering from side effect from finasteride then might as well up the dosage or consider taking oral and topical finasteride to maximize full potential currently am using Topical Dusteride-D5A and minoxidil 10% with bimatoprost-FR10 i use the Topical Dusteride-D5A in the morning and minoxidil 10% with bimatoprost-FR10 at night its been over a week and the only visible hairs that i can see is when i apply the solution then i can see tiny baby like hairs barely visible which am hoping will turn to full thickness but time will tell , Am going to give full 2 years on trial and error on oral and topical treatment before considering other options as i to feel down when people say i look 20 years older then i am.

Dude I'm literally in the same situation! 9 months and I've lost more but i quit minox when starting fin.

I think we just need to wait. Like 18 months. I'm about a NW3, check my post.

Also HIMS is a joke. The shampoo doesn't really "block" DHT. I would recommend lipogaine big 3, nizoral or regenepure. But not more than 2x a week, can dry out the scalp.