+ Reply to Thread

Default Generic Propecia

Hello all,

Longtime lurker here and this is my first post, sorry if Im breaking some rule. To tell a brief version of my story, I began losing my hair around 22 and have continued on since. I was on Rogaine for around 4 years and feel it slowed down my hair loss about 90ish percent, but wanted to give Finasteride a try. I know this is a controversial topic round these parts, but, what are the more reputable generic brands for Finasteride? Ive looked up a ton and have gotten mixed results. Thanks for any help.

It's all the same, used both and had same results with generic

Really? Ive read a lot online about various companies regarding the remaining I think it's 6/7% of filler and how that effects a generic combination of finasteride vs Propecia.

Inactive

In the States, at least, it's my understanding that there is absolutely no difference between a generic drug and the brand name, particularly if you're going to a reputable pharmacy.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by rysker6 View Post
    Hello all,

Longtime lurker here and this is my first post, sorry if Im breaking some rule. To tell a brief version of my story, I began losing my hair around 22 and have continued on since. I was on Rogaine for around 4 years and feel it slowed down my hair loss about 90ish percent, but wanted to give Finasteride a try. I know this is a controversial topic round these parts, but, what are the more reputable generic brands for Finasteride? Ive looked up a ton and have gotten mixed results. Thanks for any help.
    My doctor told me that they have seen better results with Proscar. He is a doctor talked about on here often and I had no reason not to believe him. I have been on generic fin for about 5-6 years and switched to Propecia 2 months ago. When I switched I noticed dry mouth, hair sensitivity, and a little different overall. I am not sensitive to medications, but I did notice this. My thoughts are it's possible my body noticed the change in drug as there was nothing else I changed during this time.