+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Interesting hair comparison

Which looks better, left or right? On the left, I think the mind "fills in" the blank white rectangle with what would be a normal hairline. On the right, you see my hairline is receded, albeit styled to conceal it somewhat.

I'd quite like a Photoshop wizard to edit the pic to be a genuine decent hairline.

By the way, obviously I'm talking about me. My friend is naturally stunning haha.

I don't know man. I mean would you look better with a lower hairline? Maybe, maybe not. It seems to be a really minimal difference either way.

That's not really my hairline though... I'm receded, the hair from the sides is styled forward to hide it

It would look better and more natural if it was a genuine hairline at that level, rather than clever styling. When i first saw Dr Feller in London in May, he said his reaction was I didn't need any work. Then he saw my actual hairline and understood my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    That's not really my hairline though... I'm receded, the hair from the sides is styled forward to hide it

It would look better and more natural if it was a genuine hairline at that level, rather than clever styling. When i first saw Dr Feller in London in May, he said his reaction was I didn't need any work. Then he saw my actual hairline and understood my concerns.
    You want your hair filled in to the top of white the rectangle, right?

If you had it filled to the bottom you might end up with a hairline like Judge Napolitano.

Regardless looks good styled. If you do go for a HT somewhere down the road I would go for a more conservative hairline rather than the Jersey Shore kind.

Man you are lucky to have a strong forelock like that, the dudes who develop the 2A and 3A patterns take a much worse cosmetic hit. I think that's how Jude Law managed to stay looking good as long as he did, even though he was receding for so long.
    Anyhow, I see what you're saying here. More hair in the corners would perhaps make it look more natural and a bit less "hand-crafted" (not being critical though, I think your styling approach works well for your situation....believe me I know its a pain to work out a style that is trendy but also conceals loss)
    Your friend there is mighty cute and doesn't seem to mind your hair!

PS Judge Napolitano needs a hairline wax

I'd say somewhere within that white rectangle, but I agree. Bottom would be too low! I just obscured the whole of the hairline area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    Many women don't even have a hair line like that, though they certainly wish they did.

Thanks 25, haha funny you should say. I have been compared to Jude Law. Shame I got his balding instead of his fame and fortune...

I got my Photoshop wish. Not sure what I make of it. I look a bit like a lesbian.

"bit like a lesbian" haha
    Well you wouldn't have to get that exact hairline transplanted. IMO it is bordering on juvenile. I don't think it's horrible but its also real difficult to Photoshop a hairline in that actually looks natural, or how it would after a transplant.
    I have a feeling after a real procedure, you'd have more forehead than that to style around, unless you demanded otherwise. Probably safer to go a little too conservative than a little too aggressive....if you still feel too receded after a procedure, you can get another one down the road, but the last thing you want is to have to get repair work done to pull grafts out of your upper forehead!