Closed Thread
Page 152 of 187 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1862

I wonder how Follicept's vehicle would interact with occlusion.

I've seen first hand evidence that application of topical medicines is enhanced by doing the application shortly after a warm shower and towel drying lightly so the scalp is hydrated but dry.

And I've also seen first hand that wearing a shower cap after medicine application can result in greater absorption. I wonder how doing so would interact with Follicept's vehicle.

Off the top of my head it seems like either of these two things might increase systemic absorption but sometimes the actual effect is the exact opposite of what the supposed effect.

Lol this treatment will be a benchmark in months/years to a cautious approach and not get too hyped on a product

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Lol this treatment will be a benchmark in months/years to a cautious approach and not get too hyped on a product
    joel203 you are misinterpreting the events playing out before your eyes. Almost everybody is already taking a cautious approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Please stay on topic and stop trolling, attacking and insulting or this thread WILL be closed. The admin warned to do that ! Winston doesn't make jokes, trust me.
    Okay, then can we agree to just wait until Devon tests the product before asking him to send it to forum members? No sense in producing the product and sending it out if he doesn't know it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    Okay, then can we agree to just wait until Devon tests the product before asking him to send it to forum members? No sense in producing the product and sending it out if he doesn't know it works.
    Why would you want that ? If it doesn't work for person A, doesn't it for person B ? Wouldn't it make much more sense to test it on 20 people instead of just one ? What's the statistical significance of just 1 test ? I'd say, do the lab tests to make sure it's not toxic etc, so it's legal to sell and then ship it out right away to 20 forum members we select. Wouldn't that be the best for everybody ? Both for us as for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Why would you want that ? If it doesn't work for person A, doesn't it for person B ? Wouldn't it make much more sense to test it on 20 people instead of just one ? What's the statistical significance of just 1 test ? I'd say, do the lab tests to make sure it's not toxic etc, so it's legal to sell and then ship it out right away to 20 forum members we select. Wouldn't that be the best for everybody ? Both for us as for them ?
    "In pursuit of that, we will be doing a convenience sample asap on a handful of people, not much different than a backwoods experiment- "Hey Jimbo, 'mere. Try this crap out! I done made a concoction". We will show you those results as a courtesy. Those results will be as rigorously and consistently reported as they can be, but understand skepticism still at that point.

The results of that less rigorous (only because they are not randomized, blinded, or placebo controlled), convenience sample will tell us if it seems to be working or not, in very generous terms, and if it's worth spending a ton of time and effort and money to go forward with a larger trial.

This larger trial will be randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, IRB approved, and statistically significant, and will yield data that we can publish in peer-reviewed journals. In other words, good science. We may or may not launch Indiegogo before or during this trial, just depending on what we are seeing. If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times: scientific integrity is paramount, and we will not take your money until convinced it will be effects. Trust me, our standard of evidence is higher than yours. " - Devon.

I am sure if they are going to send out samples to BTT peeps, it will be during the larger trial phase. Don't worry, it won't depend on just Devon's hair. Even the initial "convenience trial" will have a few people in addition to Devon.

If the product works on the 20 persons selected by Follicept and there are really no side effects (FDA control was made, insignificant dose and a safe vector), i think it will be judicious to start with all people who wants without limit (or output limit). Then, a lot of people will test it (if they want and taking their responsability about risks).

Why testing with people of forum? They could be pessimistic or enthousiastic and create a bias. Photos will not have the same quality. Some will take photos with smartphone, others will crop it oddly. My point of view is that it's not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchNewbie View Post
    If the product works on the 20 persons selected by Follicept and there are really no side effects (FDA control was made, insignificant dose and a safe vector), i think it will be judicious to start with all people who wants without limit (or output limit). Then, a lot of people will test it (if they want and taking their responsability about risks).

Why testing with people of forum? They could be pessimistic or enthousiastic and create a bias. Photos will not have the same quality. Some will take photos with smartphone, others will crop it oddly. My point of view is that it's not a good idea.
    Don't worry, forum testing will be just a side trial. No matter what, Follicept is running a legitimate trial with the people that they selected. I say, let the forum trials happen, who cares. Let those 20 people from BTT be enthusiastic or pessmimistic and take different quality photos, I know you and I will be paying more attention to legitimate trials anyway.

I understand your point of view. But the real problem is a possible bad buzz from these possible bias. If there are too much good results, some people will think it's weird and could create a conspiracy theory. For instance: old members well paid by Follicept to give false results (we can see that theories on french forums about some grafters... there are no proof). As we can see on this topic, we can't control social interactions, cause people are not neutral (like me, like Arashi, like all). Reactions on forums are not under control.

Other example: If unfortunately a bad news arrives during the trial with forumers (a natural death of a forumer who was in poor health -Follicept can't know health of people with distances-) it will be a terrible bad buzz for them and for us. The family will think that it was this product. They will attack in justice... and we'll never see Follicept. It is a possibility. It could arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchNewbie View Post
    I understand your point of view. But the real problem is a possible bad buzz from these possible bias. If there are too much good results, some people will think it's weird and could create a conspiracy theory. For instance: old members well paid by Follicept to give false results (we can see that theories on french forums about some grafters... there are no proof). As we can see on this topic, we can't control social interactions, cause people are not neutral (like me, like Arashi, like all). Reactions on forums are not under control.

Other example: If unfortunately a bad news arrives during the trial with forumers (a natural death of a forumer who was in poor health -Follicept can't know health of people with distances-) it will be a terrible bad buzz for them and for us. The family will think that it was this product. They will attack in justice... and we'll never see Follicept. It is a possibility. It could arrive.
    About things like deaths/adverse side effects that may not even be related Follicept, and thus causing Follicept harm - I see what you mean. That could be an issue with anyone even with the legitimate trials, but I understand you. We will see what Dr. Hsu decides. He is a brilliant guy, I am sure he will take all of this into consideration.

As for there possibly being too good of results from forum members and people creating conspiracy theories because of that - I suppose anything is possible, but hopefully they will pick long standing members who are truly trusted. And if someone comes up with the theory that 20 forum members who have been here for ages were paid by Follicept to show good results,well, I promise you that most people would find that ridiculous. I would personally think someone is a bit mentally ill if they kept making that accusation. I think overall it will be okay. I totally get your idea about pointless negative buzz, but sadly, we can't control everything. What is meant to be, will be I suppose. We will wait and see. Like Devon said, they will do what is right by them and science, and let the chips fall where they may.