+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    And what is the result of this study? 5 new hairs on mouse?
    If you don't understand the hair regeneration issues, and if you don't EVEN READ the studies before commenting like this, I don't need to answer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Im not optimist at all.. i stopped believing in a better treatment coming out..
    i never waited for a full cure.. i didnt keep my hope up but i guess i shouldnt had hopes at all..
    In this day and age it isn't even a matter of optimism, the sheer volume of potential treatments with actual science behind them is undeniable. I've been on these forums long enough to see blind faith turn into realistic discussion about realistic options. If you're nw7 and passed the point where hair is everything to you then you were just born at an unfortunate time.

Hi all,

Do you think with the possibility of these new treatments becoming available in the next few years it would be a bad idea to get an FUE transplant done for a NW3-4? Would you wait?

Quote Originally Posted by dackam1 View Post
    Hi all,

Do you think with the possibility of these new treatments becoming available in the next few years it would be a bad idea to get an FUE transplant done for a NW3-4? Would you wait?
    This thread is not about fue!!!! So i would like you to use a little common sense next time before commenting take care.

with finasteride no, without yes it would be a bad idea...

Thought that may be the case. I was on Propecia 1mg a day for six years but stopped last year due to sides getting worse.. Don't know if its worth while but gonna try generic Fin .25mg daily to see if that helps with less side effects.. I have sent Dr Basinga an enquiry also.

I really hope they give us a real treatment soon!!

Has someone tried to contact Shiseido instead of Replicel? They are the ones who are claiming that have found the cure, so they are the ones who should give us answers. Replicel shares Shiseido claims on FB but when asked about it, they don't give us real answers.

Shiseido opens research facility dedicated to hair regeneration

Shiseido Co., Ltd. announces plans to open the Shiseido Cell-Processing and Expansion Center (SPEC) on May 1, 2014. The center, located in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster in Kobe, Japan, will centralize research and development on hair regenerative medicine with an aim toward commercialization.

SPEC will be located in the Business Support Center for Biomedical Research Activities, a core facility in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster consisting of research and CPC sections. It has been built to provide support and space for research and commercialization of regenerative medicine

The Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster is one of the core bases of the Kansai Innovation International Strategic Comprehensive Special Zone designated by the Japanese government to promote industrial development in advanced medicine and to provide a competitive advantage in the international market. It is the largest national cluster zone specialized in life sciences, with the focus on promoting translation of leading scientific research and advanced knowledge in regenerative medicine into clinical use."

Quote Originally Posted by mcarpenter089 View Post
    This thread is not about fue!!!! So i would like you to use a little common sense next time before commenting take care.
    Ok take a chill pill.. the question was intended to see if other members thought Replicel would be worth holding off for. Just wanted to see if people thought Replicel could really work by 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by dackam1 View Post
    Ok take a chill pill.. the question was intended to see if other members thought Replicel would be worth holding off for. Just wanted to see if people thought Replicel could really work by 2018.
    Not sure why that guy was having a whinge… Anyway - Your post is still on topic. I can't see why a hair transplant would have any negative effect. If you are filling somewhere which has miniaturised to the point of being cosmetically bald. You won't need replicel to work there because you have a donor hair in place.

The areas surrounding this hair will be fine. I have had FUE in and around existing hairs and they have remained intact. In this case, if they ever start to experience thinning [Assuming a future treatment works] they will be receptive to these treatments. Heck, they're receptive to Minox.