+ Reply to Thread

Default negativity vs positive negativity

Everyone posting at the moment about how replicels results were 'positive' and telling sceptical people to put a cork in it don't deserve to have ever had hair.

Shocking? maybe, but the point i'm getting at is that there is nothing wrong with accepting replicel failed in what they set out to achieve and moving on to the next hopeful research company (Aderans, Histogen, there's loads). The people like joe from staten island and tracey c etc who are blinded by their hope & desperation for a cure that they are not willing to accept people who criticise and question possible new treatments. I believe these kinds of people are not functional enough to see what's real and whats not.

The 'negativity' in the future treatment forum is simply just people being understandably upset that they got they're hopes up to be disappointed and is a productive kind of negativity as people accept not everything can work out. The other kind of negativity is MUCH WORSE this is negativity towards criticism! Criticise is good and helps keep people grounded this bad kind of negativity is tyrannical and only reflects an unhealthy obsession with curing hair loss and maybe it would just be better if these people never had hair to start with and never had to go through hair loss as it's obviously affected them psychologically to the point they are unwilling to be rational. They also don't help with the stigma of hair loss, enforcing the attitude that its the worst thing in the world, listening to joe on the radio talk about hair loss like it's worse than cancer or aids is pathetic, its just hair, i want whats left to stay, but if it goes it goes and i'll welcome a treatment but I will never be so desperate for hair that i get angry when i hear people criticise new treatments.

Its either positive or negative..not positive negativity. I think you just want to be a realist and ofcourse theres a great chance that replicel wont work as we expected but you do realize there are alot of people on this board with alot of depressed people where some might even be sucidial. The things you say on this board can effect people and their moods so why not try to be positive for your health and the other people who are suffering. I like tracy on this board, she actually knows her stuff and is positive as hell, and thats a plus in my book. Hairloss sucks as hell, and the last thing we need is being negative or giving up hope because alot of us just need some hope to get through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Its either positive or negative..not positive negativity. I think you just want to be a realist and ofcourse theres a great chance that replicel wont work as we expected but you do realize there are alot of people on this board with alot of depressed people where some might even be sucidial. The things you say on this board can effect people and their moods so why not try to be positive for your health and the other people who are suffering. I like tracy on this board, she actually knows her stuff and is positive as hell, and thats a plus in my book. Hairloss sucks as hell, and the last thing we need is being negative or giving up hope because alot of us just need some hope to get through the day.

I see what you're saying but there is a darkside to unchecked positivity...its disapointing.

by all means be hopeful, but you must be realistic too. Hope that is devoid of realism is pointless otherwise you could argue its ok hoping Mcdonalds bringing out a mchair burger that magically grows back your hair after you eat it r something else insane like that.