+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

It won't need to because the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant. Of course it will work on the surrounding 'invisible' miniaturised hairs as they are unaffected by a transplant.
    I think the bigger concern is scar tissue created by incisions in the recipient area. During a HT, the surgeon makes tiny holes where the transplanted hairs are placed, and a small amount of scar tissue usually develops in the area around these incisions. Obviously, the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant, but no hair will grow in the small margin of scar tissue around the incision. These margins are very small, but imagine having them all over the recipient area. HTs can't provide natural levels of density (a lot of folks with HTs resort to Toppik and other fillers to create the illusion of normal density). Anyone planning to use next generation treatments like Histogen and Replicel should be a bit wary of HTs in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I think the bigger concern is scar tissue created by incisions in the recipient area. During a HT, the surgeon makes tiny holes where the transplanted hairs are placed, and a small amount of scar tissue usually develops in the area around these incisions. Obviously, the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant, but no hair will grow in the small margin of scar tissue around the incision. These margins are very small, but imagine having them all over the recipient area. HTs can't provide natural levels of density (a lot of folks with HTs resort to Toppik and other fillers to create the illusion of normal density). Anyone planning to use next generation treatments like Histogen and Replicel should be a bit wary of HTs in this day and age.
    Thanks Thinning30! I don't think I will be having a ht any time soon after your post. As Spencer says, once you are cut, you are cut!

Another question. What about the scar tissues caused by Histogen injections? If I remember correctly, there would be hundreds of injections a year.

This is simply conjecture. You cannot definitively say that no hair will grow in these regions.There was a case where an elderly man sustained serious burns to his frontal scalp where he was bald, and hair began to grow again from that region. No one at this point can assume how these treatments can work on scalps with transplanted hairs unless they are knowledgable in that field. I think the main concern at this point should be directed at the percentage of responders and from what I recall it wasn't that high in the preliminary phases.

This is simply conjecture. You cannot definitively say that no hair will grow in these regions.There was a case where an elderly man sustained serious burns to his frontal scalp where he was bald, and hair began to grow again from that region. No one at this point can assume how these treatments can work on scalps with transplanted hairs unless they are knowledgable in that field.
    You're absolutely right, we don't know. What I worry about is the thought process I sometimes encounter on these forums of "I can get a super aggressive HT now because Histogen and Replicel will be available in a few years." Hair generally doesn't grow out of scar tissue, barring the rare medical mysteries like the one you described. Since Histogen and Replicel aren't being tested on transplanted areas of scalp, I wouldn't bet on them being able to do that. Scar tissue is very different from normal skin.

So I just have some questions about histogen:

1) how much will it cost and will be priced per dose

2) what garantee can they give? say it fall oyuts after six months or you get an infection.

3) will you be able to use it with replicel?

4) will you be able to stop using meds like finasteride?

5) if it is released in japan next year then when will it be out in the usa and europe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulneedshair View Post
    So I just have some questions about histogen:

1) how much will it cost and will be priced per dose

2) what garantee can they give? say it fall oyuts after six months or you get an infection.

3) will you be able to use it with replicel?

4) will you be able to stop using meds like finasteride?

5) if it is released in japan next year then when will it be out in the usa and europe?

Thanks
    Like posters stated previously it's still in clinical trials, so no one here can answer these questions for you. The trials done were on those that weren't taking medication so again we don't know if you can drop finasteride. Finally I believe like Replicel they are looking to license the treatment to another company which would then mass produce, distribute, and offer the treatment, and therefore only they will be the ones to provide you with any guarantees and price.

Of course it'll still work if you have a HT!!!

When you have a HT the surrounding hairs don't suddenly die and fall out within a circular proximity - like thinning at 30 is suggesting. All those hairs will still benefit from Histogen.

I speculate in the other direction(that's all thinning is doing - speculating), Histogen coupled with HT will become enough of a solution and it will provide an aesthetically pleasing result.

If you are already nw2-4 this will be a great option.

Thats the purpose of the hair transplant in the first place. If the gap between the translated hairs & the scar tissue is so much that it has damaged surrounding follicles, Histogen won't be required [On that area] due to sufficient density.

If it is a low density transplant then sure, perhaps some spaces will be less dense [With histogen] but the scar tissue is a relatively small issue. I've previously had a hair transplant surrounding significant amounts of existing hair, so the damage to surrounding tissue won't be enough to stop Histogen re-creating a cosmetically viable full head of hair [If it can in fact do so]. It's a non issue.

If Histogen can grow a full head of hair a transplant will be irrelevant. Whether it works full stop is the real question.

A couple things I don't get:

1. If Histogen's HSC will work then doesn't that mean AAPE would work since they're similar?

2. If Histogen's HSC does work somewhat then maybe AAPE would work better because AAPE is actually similar to Histogen's HSC except Histogen's HSC is a man-made version of the growth factors and proteins follicles use as fuel to grow hair but AAPE is the exact growth factors and proteins that nature devised to grow hair. It just seems like nature's version of these growth factors would be more perfect. The man-made version might leave out some important growth factors whereas AAPE is all of the important growth factors.

when news like this came up in 2012 people on this forum would never stop asking what the timeline had become at that time.. It seems to me ppl are afraid to ask that question now hehe, so here I go:
    What are your opinions on what the timeline looks like for both these rejuvenating treatments after these presentations?

I just don't get what Japan has to do with Histogen's final phase.. what does all that mean? Is it included in the FDA approval process?
    And how about Shesheido, how do they help in bringing the product to the market sooner?