Threaded View

Default A few FUE questions...

Hi, I have looked into getting a hair transplant before and was only ever interested in getting FUE.....I decided against it but.....again I am considering getting something done.

I am far gone, I am about a Norwood 5A. My donor area is below average.

I therefore understand that I am restricted in what can be achieved and don't expect to get a full head of hair back....far from it.

Lets say my aim is to achieve a Norwood somewhere between a 2A and 3A (a partially receded hairline look).

Say I have 3000-3500 hairs to play with....from what I have seen done with this amount of hairs I think/hope I can cover somewhere between a Norwood 2A - 3A, the density may have to be quite restrictive with this number of hairs, I don't mind my crown being thin as long as it's not ridiculous. I would like the hairline to be a good density.

Even if the thickness turned out to be not ideal for long-ish hair then shaved short I would expect this to be a lot better than what I have now.

I am from the UK.

Questions:

1. Anyone have any theories on this, seen examples they can pass me onto of similar cases?

2. How much is 3000-3500 FUE going to cost? I have seen £2 - £2.50 a hair to get it done by the private clinic in London Dr Raghu Reddy's surgery.......so looking at £7,000+. Any where that does it cheaper than this that has a IAHRS certified surgeon?

3. How long is the wait for surgery? Preferably I'd like to get a consultation and based on that decide if to get something done and book surgery in asap.