+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 years old. Is this MPB, DUPA, TE or Fungus?

My barber noticed my thinning hair this winter. Compared to that time til now I have lost a lot of hair. It went from kinda thick to very thin in almost 1 year.

I don't know what to think anymore. I went to a dermatologist and paid him well, he prescribed me Rogaine, said it's MPB, he was not even sure If I have hair loss problems since he only told me more when I mentioned him my temples(Why prescribe Rogaine for temples if it doesn't work on front?). I started using Rogaine and then my scalp started itching and I started feeling very dizzy, then I read about Rogaine online and decided to stop it after 1 week use. Bought Nizoral, it lessened my shedding, stopped the itching completely, but I don't know if it will improve my condition.

Then, I went to a barber and noticed something. My hair loss seems to be centered not just on the frontal area, it's on the sides as well . I hate going to a barber, because everytime I go there I end up with less and less hair.

Here's a few important things that I have to mention: My father had a fungus infection on his hands and I used some of his towels to rinse my hair after washing it. I had an insomnia in last Autumn. I suffer from chronic depression and I do not take any pills to calm myself down, hair loss at such a young age is making it even worse. No one in our family is completely bald, only receded hairlines, but on the other had one of my father's cousins is bald. I also used to wash my hair every second day with Head N Shoulders since it was always itchy as hell, oily and full of dandruff, then I stopped using it, because I read that it damages the scalp and started using Johnsons Baby Shampoo, it didn't help. Finally I started using Nizoral and I stopped my itching completely.

Questions:
    1)Is this MPB, DUPA, TE or Fungus?

2)I'm having a trichogram done next year, will it tell me the truth?
    3)Is this miniaturized hair or regrowth from Minoxidil or Nizoral?

4)Here's my hairline. How many grafts would I need in order to restore it and it's density?

5)The donor area. Can I have a hair transplant in the future?

6)Should I start taking Propecia. In our country they do not prescribe it as a regimen for hairloss where could I import it from Europe?
    7)Is there a permanent solution for this kind of hair loss?

You should have mentioned the fungus thing to the derm, he would have been the one that could help you with that. Judging by your pics is does look like MPB.