Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hiilikeyourbeard
    I'm already taking 1/8 of a proscar every 3 days. dunno how much lower I can go
    Better get a professional involved, my friend (if you don't feel comfortable riding it out). All I can say is my sides have subsided or I'm subconsciously lying to myself about them.

Best regards. Let us know how everything turns out.

Comment

• hiilikeyourbeard
      • Jun 2013

thanks a lot man I appreciate it

Comment

• 25 going on 65
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BigThinker
        Would you expect it to be different from my fin shed? At this point, I have mostly given up - just nuking all DHT.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if minox shedding operates through a different mechanism than dht-inhibition (thoughts?), but fin and dut should be similar?

Btw, popped dut this morning and felt nothing. No prostate ache or anything (like when starting fin).
        I think my dut shed has been worse than my fin shed was. I do not remember having much of a shed on fin. However I admit I am watching my hair closer now than I was then, & also in those days (early months of fin) I was rarely sober

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
          I think my dut shed has been worse than my fin shed was. I do not remember having much of a shed on fin. However I admit I am watching my hair closer now than I was then, & also in those days (early months of fin) I was rarely sober
          I swear my hair gets rocked when I get wasted. Being hungover sucks. Burning a bunch of money sucks. Potentially making an ass of yourself sucks. But, losing a substantial amount of your hair in a short period of time? Insufferable.

I'm just not even going to bother trying to gauge if I shed on dut. At this point I'm just riding it out. If I end up shaving my head, I'll for sure use the minox that's on its wayand see if I can't maintain some stubble (probably end up adding minox before that though.

Comment

• BigThinker
            • Oct 2012

Minox started

Just applied minox for the first time. In a manic state, I ordered a 3 months supply off Amazon and accidentally got liquid. Was sorta bummed at first, but it was really easy.

My hair was damp from a shower. I parted my hair in 5 different spots and ran the dropper across the line from front to back. Then I did one run across the hairline.

Wish me luck guys.

======================

Finasteride since 02/20/2013
            Dut since 08/04/2013
            Minox since 08/10/2013

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

20 days on Minox: insane shedding. 2-3 hairs every pull test.

Guess that means it's working.

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

20 days on Minox: insane shedding. 2-3 hairs every pull test.

Guess that means it's working.
                Same things happenin' to me right now brah. Hopefully the future is friendly to us.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                  Same things happenin' to me right now brah. Hopefully the future is friendly to us.
                  Yeah, I pull-tested 6 hairs in one pull -- whoa. I've been reading sci lit all day for work, so the I've just been watching the hair fall. They're like 95% miniaturized hairs, so I feel good about it. And frankly, my hair looks and feels pretty good today, so I'm not stressing too much.

All this worry and stress isn't going to prevent hair loss -- quite the opposite, most likely. I can honestly say I'm getting to the point where, if I had to, I could just shave my head and have it be my "look". I'm increasingly thinking it would be cooler to do it while I still have hair and pretend like it's a fashion thing.

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried. Also, I just ordered a bunch of sick threads for the fall season - gotta boost out presentation however we can.

Good luck to you too, brother.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Yeah, I pull-tested 6 hairs in one pull -- whoa. I've been reading sci lit all day for work, so the I've just been watching the hair fall. They're like 95% miniaturized hairs, so I feel good about it. And frankly, my hair looks and feels pretty good today, so I'm not stressing too much.

All this worry and stress isn't going to prevent hair loss -- quite the opposite, most likely. I can honestly say I'm getting to the point where, if I had to, I could just shave my head and have it be my "look". I'm increasingly thinking it would be cooler to do it while I still have hair and pretend like it's a fashion thing.

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried. Also, I just ordered a bunch of sick threads for the fall season - gotta boost out presentation however we can.

Good luck to you too, brother.
                    I feel you dawg. Do what we can, but be accepting of whatever the outcome may be. If your taking action against your hair loss, while still constantly improving in other areas of your life, your on the right track. Personally if I can really slow down or halt it, I'd consider that a bonus at this point.

I'm close to doing the same thing as you man. If i am below baseline in 6 months, I'm pullin' out the razor b.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                      • Sep 2010

My hair is in the care of finasteride, dut, minox, and zinc pyrithione. If this doesn't save my hair, I can rest knowing I at least tried.
                      Wow man. Same as me but switch out the minox for keto & also throw in a bunch of experimental supplements.
                      You should almost definitely be able to maintain on your regimen. In a year from now you will probably be in good shape. How often do you dut? Is it generic or Avodart?

Comment

• BigThinker
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                        Wow man. Same as me but switch out the minox for keto & also throw in a bunch of experimental supplements.
                        You should almost definitely be able to maintain on your regimen. In a year from now you will probably be in good shape. How often do you dut? Is it generic or Avodart?
                        Sorry, I didn't see this before. I was using dut once a week in place of finasteride on the day I would take it. I did it for three weeks but skipped this most recent week. It's generic from inhouse.

I haven't decided if I want to keep taking it or just stick to finasteride. Taking dut caused me to get sides similar to when I started fin, which were temporary (nipple itch, prostate tingle).

Minox shed has stopped. Was losing hair like absolutely crazy for a week, but they were all miniaturized hairs. Now the shedding has stopped and my hair quality is good.

I've got some hairs sprouting at the hair line, but they're few and farm between.

I'm excited to see where my hair looks in a year. I've added cardio almost daily to my life and I feel a lot better about everything. Circulation feels good and I have kinda shook the fatigue that was hitting me from time-to-time.

Onward to victory.

Comment

• Proper
                          • Mar 2013

Sorry, I didn't see this before. I was using dut once a week in place of finasteride on the day I would take it. I did it for three weeks but skipped this most recent week. It's generic from inhouse.

I haven't decided if I want to keep taking it or just stick to finasteride. Taking dut caused me to get sides similar to when I started fin, which were temporary (nipple itch, prostate tingle).

Minox shed has stopped. Was losing hair like absolutely crazy for a week, but they were all miniaturized hairs. Now the shedding has stopped and my hair quality is good.

I've got some hairs sprouting at the hair line, but they're few and farm between.

I'm excited to see where my hair looks in a year. I've added cardio almost daily to my life and I feel a lot better about everything. Circulation feels good and I have kinda shook the fatigue that was hitting me from time-to-time.

Onward to victory.
                          I'm glad everything is looking good for you dood. You were one of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading the most on this site. Keep on at it!

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Proper
                            You were one of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading the most on this site.
                            Word. BigThinker and Shan.......and Aames.

Comment

• BigThinker
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                              Word. BigThinker and Shan.......and Aames.
                              I'm in good company.

Comment

• BigThinker
                                • Oct 2012

7 months finasteride
                                1.5 months minox 5% 1-2 times daily

I dropped the dut for now. Using minox twice a day mostly, but occasionally once a day. Missed a few weekend applications.

Shedding is way down. Was previously losing tons of miniaturized hairs. Lots of blonde hairs popping up on hairline.

Overall density is below baseline slightly - especially thin on the cowlick. Getting hard to style hair, and mostly rocking the boring, extra short, soon-to-be NW3 (if not already) hair cut.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...