Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inbrugge
    • Oct 2013

Serious question.

If you guys really are "realists" about the fact that there is nothing significant at all to come out in the next 3-4 years, then what is the point of being on this forum, especially the Cutting Edge section?

In my opinion, even getting only a few new tangible commercial products beyond Minox-Fin will be a huge and long overdue breakthrough.

Even something like a topical fin "without sides" is not an advancement to be scoffed at. It is huge. Especially considering we haven't had any new products since the 1980's.

It's not an all-or-nothing playing field. Just because the ultimate cure isn't already here in the next few years doesn't mean there is nothing to look forward to.

Comment

• karxxx
      • Mar 2014

hair clonig dead
      stem cell dead
      hair multiplication dead
      What's left ?

Comment

• joel203
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
        Serious question.

If you guys really are "realists" about the fact that there is nothing significant at all to come out in the next 3-4 years, then what is the point of being on this forum, especially the Cutting Edge section?

In my opinion, even getting only a few new tangible commercial products beyond Minox-Fin will be a huge and long overdue breakthrough.

Even something like a topical fin "without sides" is not an advancement to be scoffed at. It is huge. Especially considering we haven't had any new products since the 1980's.

It's not an all-or-nothing playing field. Just because the ultimate cure isn't already here in the next few years doesn't mean there is nothing to look forward to.
        this. I'll be over the moon if a prodcut that does not mess with hormones comes out to the market soon which as just as effective as fin, I can empathise however, because I am NW2 I would love a product that I can maintain with for 10+ years then let balding take its course, If I was NW3+ however I think I would be more desperate for a regrowth product/cure to be out soon so I see where those people are coming from.

Comment

• karxxx
          • Mar 2014

10 years have passed quickly is hopeful that a good bile medicines

Comment

• mlamber5
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by FooFighter
            I think nobody can creat hair follicle from stem cells still. They can create only body hair which is different.
            I think this is precisely the problem. We are trying to take them out of their natural environment and expect them to grow hair. I feel like it is far more likely that we'll "reawaken" them first than take them out and make entire new hair follicles, which are mini organs, in a petri dish. Call me crazy but I think the idea of getting out own bodies to do something they used to naturally do (grow hair on the head) is more plausible than trying to do it ourselves outside the scalp environment, and put them back in. The fact that the stem cells are still present is of gigantic importance and gives me hope that this is actually possible. Whether we'll get this result in 5 years or 20 is anybody's guess.

Comment

• mlamber5
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by joel203
              this. I'll be over the moon if a prodcut that does not mess with hormones comes out to the market soon which as just as effective as fin, I can empathise however, because I am NW2 I would love a product that I can maintain with for 10+ years then let balding take its course, If I was NW3+ however I think I would be more desperate for a regrowth product/cure to be out soon so I see where those people are coming from.
              Agreed. I took fin from 16-20. Ill never do it again, even if it means going fully bald, which I'm well on my way, a NW 4 now at 26. Ill just be bald and wait until they have a full cure, and if it never comes, then ill just be hairless. I do not want to jack with my hormones ever again. A new effective treatment non-androgen based would be a giant success and a huge money maker for some company, while others develop the ultimate cure.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

Very interesting that Samumed is also a main sponsor. Perhaps they'll lets us know of the phase 2 results at the congress.

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
                  Good to see that Kythera is a sponsor of the event
                  Would be great if they gave us some result pictures, that would really get some excitement behind the product!

Comment

• inbrugge
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by mlamber5
                    I think this is precisely the problem. We are trying to take them out of their natural environment and expect them to grow hair. I feel like it is far more likely that we'll "reawaken" them first than take them out and make entire new hair follicles, which are mini organs, in a petri dish. Call me crazy but I think the idea of getting out own bodies to do something they used to naturally do (grow hair on the head) is more plausible than trying to do it ourselves outside the scalp environment, and put them back in. The fact that the stem cells are still present is of gigantic importance and gives me hope that this is actually possible. Whether we'll get this result in 5 years or 20 is anybody's guess.
                    Yes, stem cells are still there, active, and it is possible. There have been bald transsexuals who went to NW0 in the matter of weeks after hormone therapy.

Also, the few actual documented cases here and there like the old man who grew his hair back after accidentally burning his scalp.

The question is figuring out the pathways well enough, or discovering a lucky combination, how to accomplish this without becoming a transsexual or jumping 'scalp' first into an open fire.

Comment

• efedrez
                      • May 2013

Good things to come and being presented at the congress... We need to start planning who can assist in representation of BTT similar to last year with Desmond in Korea.
                      I'm local and will try to go to a few session however if a member with a deeper scientific knowledge can assist it will be great!

Comment

• brocktherock
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by inbrugge
                        Yes, stem cells are still there, active, and it is possible. There have been bald transsexuals who went to NW0 in the matter of weeks after hormone therapy.

Also, the few actual documented cases here and there like the old man who grew his hair back after accidentally burning his scalp.

The question is figuring out the pathways well enough, or discovering a lucky combination, how to accomplish this without becoming a transsexual or jumping 'scalp' first into an open fire.
                        I've never seen a transsexual go to a norwood zero. I've seen significant improvement but it was like the best case scenario with finasteride and minox

Comment

• Replicel55
                          • Jun 2015

What information will the public be able to see however from the hair congress. I called to attend and it is only open to research. Same for the recent dermatology conference in Canada, Cotseralis was suppose to speak there but what good was that if WE cant see his presentation or see what was published..?

Comment

• robodoc
                            • Aug 2009

no help

Originally posted by Scientalk56
                            Live ur life.. no treatments r going to be out soon
                            I agree. We had all the new theories in 2013, and hope. I would say no theory has become a reality and will not for some years. It is like the cure for cancer, we are closer but very far apart.

Comment

• robodoc
                              • Aug 2009

Appe

Originally posted by doinmyheadin
                              Follicept could cure hairloss before November and there will be no need for the hairloss congress lol.
                              Heavin at Prostemics said their treatment will get your hair back after one 6 month period. Gee, could she be blowing smoke? Talk is cheap Heavin.

Comment

Working...