+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's only hair

Post It's only hair

I don't understand why I've been so concerned about my hair loss now that I shaved my head. I really think you all should shave it and stick to it for a a couple of months. I was terrified of losing my hair but now that I buzzed the motherfu##er down I really don't care anymore. It's been a positive experience and the only comments over my hair are compliments (except of my mother's.... duh). My confidence is over the roof now. I think these forums do nothing but feed your self consciousness especially when you are already self conscious. So my advise is shave your head and Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. (I know, I know but nevertheless it seemed appropriate to use a GOT quote)

well i hope you succeeded in feeling good about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by gmill09 View Post
    well i hope you succeeded in feeling good about yourself
    Well, I'm trying to. Certainly relieved about the hair. I just need to lose tons of weight. Bald and fat is an odd combination.

I'm 19 shaved cue ball from a scalp confined alopecia , and I met my soon to be 17 year old girl when she asked me to prom barely knowing me and I was shaved bald. She's very attractive too so all these young women hate bald guys quotes are from guys who put way too much value in hair . Good post man it's just your hair, you and me are living proof you can succeed without it.
    Although on this site it seems like putting a positive post is asked to get out down

Quote Originally Posted by reasonistian View Post
    Well, I'm trying to. Certainly relieved about the hair. I just need to lose tons of weight. Bald and fat is an odd combination.
    i never cared about my baldness when i was into lifting. i banged some really good looking girls with no hair. now i dont have the time or want to lift.

Thanks for positive threads, guys. I think that there is nothing bad in being bald. The main thing is your attitude. If your self confidence is low, you will always think that you look bad and that all around think in the same way.
    From the other side, I think that if it is possible to fight, I will fight and I will try to save my hair and to regrow it instead of simply shave my head.

what nw are you? if you still have most of your hair you will defiantly regret not treating it at some point. it's one thing to rocked a shaved head with an intact hairline and still mostly covered. it's not the same with a huge horseshoe on your head.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello everyone,
    Reasonistian your thread is so very much a COMMONSENSE-POSITIVE and a SMART topic.

Acceptance is KEY if we all want to LIVE OUR LIVES regardless of what type of loss we have.
    If others do not 'accept' you or criticize you because of hairloss then those 'others' have an ISSUE, NOT YOU.

Listen, I HATE my hairloss too but I had decided long ago now that my hairloss CANNOT hold me back from happiness and having a fullness of life.

There was this very accomplished female ARTIST here in the Illinois area.
    Her talent back then was/is very good.
    Later, she was involved in an accident and she LOST both of her arms!!
    Of course, at the very beginning of any type of a disaster, everyone would go through a grieving process.
    Sadness,depression etc.

But, eventual ACCEPTANCE is needed and is KEY because then acceptance makes ones life much better, happy and liveable.

That artist woman had decided NOT TO ALLOW her LOSS (of 2 arms) keep her sad, depressed and held back from LIFE.
    To this day she is HAPPY because she DECIDED TO learn how to use her feet to continue her artistic ambitions.
    (she is not the only artist to do that)
    Her artistic style is still approximately the SAME because of her natural born talent.

My point is this, ACCEPTANCE of the realities of our lives makes the positive difference in ALL OF US.
    If 'you' have hairloss there are hair treatments available.
    Or one could ACCEPT the hair loss and not focus on it anymore.

In Reasonistian case, and MANY MANY OTHERS, he decided to accept it by shaving off his hair.
    His term is correct- "It's only hair".
    I almost did the same thing but I had decided to try out a hairloss treatment, Finasteride.
    It has been improving my hairloss, thankfully.

It does NOT give me a full head of hair and it never will in my case - I had accepted that long ago now.
    (the proven results of Fin' VARY from person to person- some do get a close to full head of hair)

I understand that for you very young men, hairloss acceptance is a very hard thing to accomplish.
    The fact is that the human brain's Neocortex in young men under the age of approx 25 years old has
    not yet fully FUNCTIONED.
    At that age and younger, one can be quite naive, having the lack of life experiences and good judgement calls.
    That is not meant as an insult nor to be condescending to anyone...it is a reality of life.

A fully grown brain, past 25 years old, with a completed Neocortex will give you FORESIGHT,
    the ability to predict the consequences of your actions.

That being said , do not allow your hairloss to affect you so badly.
    Everything can and would be just fine for all of you if you accept life for today just as Reasonistian seems to have done.
    Hair-loss treatments WILL eventually advance ,there may even be a cure, but none of us know exactly when that will be so one must be realistic and accept life as it is so that one would ENJOY LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by gmill09 View Post
    what nw are you? if you still have most of your hair you will defiantly regret not treating it at some point. it's one thing to rocked a shaved head with an intact hairline and still mostly covered. it's not the same with a huge horseshoe on your head.
    You had the horseshoe shaved? When I use a manual razor I can get it where there's not even pigment or anything think like pitbull or Howie Mandel, unless by shave you mean more short buzzcut

From 18-23 I shaved with no guard and time to time I'd pull a bic out. When I decided to try to grow my hair back I began using a 2 guard to judge results better . But Yeh I liked it at first bc I had a hairline then that disappeared n idk it sucked