+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Full cap hair pieces

Can somebody show me some good pictures of a full cap? Pretty much that's the only cure for me.. I'm thinking about shaving my head completely and getting a full cap.. but don't know how I would do that and can they customize it to my original hair?

I can do you one better. Here's a video of a guy with a full cap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrB33iSPttw
    (Skip to the end of the video.)

Looks great doesn't it?
    I know a guy with one similar but better wit the skin base. Completely invisible transparent lace even less detectable than the one in the video.

To start with I'd advice just paying alot and going to an expensive well respected clinic with good reviews.
    Once they've taught you everything and you've mastered it by learning from the pros you can look at cheaper options.

And yes they can make it looks exactly like your original hair if you want.
    Theres pretty much no limit to how they can make it look if you go to a good place, communicate well and pay enough.

Can I still get a full cap hair piece while having a nw2.5? My main concern is my hairline and the thinning on top. I'm tired of taking expensive medication that only slows down my hair loss instead of helping it.

I'm with you man, hopefully these systems keep evolving and getting harder and harder to detect and easier to apply and maintain. If my loss gets too bad I'll definitely consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Can I still get a full cap hair piece while having a nw2.5?
    You can get anything you are willing to buy. But honestly, at only a NW 2.5 you don't need it. Besides, at your age you are still likely to arrest and reverse at least some of your hair loss with meds. It takes a long time though. You worry about it way more than is healthy for you. The best thing you can do for yourself is to just treat it if the meds are working for you and stop dwelling on it.

i agree with tracy, 2.5 is not nearly bald enough to wear a cap. just try and stop your loss and then get one if you reach NW4 or worse.

Can I still get a full cap hair piece while having a nw2.5? My main concern is my hairline and the thinning on top. I'm tired of taking expensive medication that only slows down my hair loss instead of helping it.
    Yes. It's actually not at all uncommon these days for young guys to just get in early.

Only drawback is you might have to get it replaced slightly more often than if you were bald because when the hair gets too long you can kind of wiggle it a bit.
    But still only around once a monthish.

As long as you get the color right no one will ever know you made the switch.
    Just grow your hair out longer before hand. Then when you get it, it just looks like you got a good haircut.

When you say full cap, do you mean the entire head even the back and sides?
    Purely for expense sake it could be better for you just to get it ontop. They blend really well anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    I'm with you man, hopefully these systems keep evolving and getting harder and harder to detect and easier to apply and maintain. If my loss gets too bad I'll definitely consider this.
    They're already as undetectable as you'll ever need really.

With the new "Skin" products you could probably get a scalp massage and they wouldn't even tell.

They usually give you a little thinner spot at the crown as well so that your scalp is still visible which eradicates any suspicion. The "skin" base being transparent makes it look like normal skin in there.

Maintenence is only an issue if you're careless.

The only real dilemma I've witnessed is that the color starts to fade after a few months if you spend too much time in the sun without a cap and/or use a harsh shampoo too often. Salt water at the beach is a real color killer too.

But that was solved with an incredibly perfect matching color hair tint (re-applied every month or two).

I've been on meds for 7 years. My hair loss in the last year has been getting worse. My hair line had always bothered me, I can't just get a system for the top, I need one that wraps around to complete my hair line ( I always had short hair style on sides and spike on top ).

I don't care about maintence, or cost. I already have that issue now with concealer and meds per month. If I have to go through that I want to at least look good. Not some guy who had thinning receded hair but its ok cause I'm popping pills to slightly slow my ugly hair.

I'm done with that shit, the cure isn't coming fast enough for me. I want to enjoy my life while I'm young. I've been way to depressed last 3 years.

I've been on meds for 7 years. My hair loss in the last year has been getting worse. My hair line had always bothered me, I can't just get a system for the top, I need one that wraps around to complete my hair line ( I always had short hair style on sides and spike on top ).

I don't care about maintence, or cost. I already have that issue now with concealer and meds per month. If I have to go through that I want to at least look good. Not some guy who had thinning receded hair but its ok cause I'm popping pills to slightly slow my ugly hair.

I'm done with that shit, the cure isn't coming fast enough for me. I want to enjoy my life while I'm young. I've been way to depressed last 3 years.
    I'd say go for it then. I used similar logic in my decision and I couldn't be happier. Suddenly having success with women and much higher self esteem.
    For appearance insecuritists like us, looking good just puts you in the mood to go out and enjoy yourself more.
    My only fear is at some point in the future no longer being able to afford them anymore. I guess I can always switch to a cheaper product though and stop spiking it at the front.

If you want to keep that exact hair style then fair enough, go for the full thing. Just don't make it too short on the sides. You still want to be able to push the hair a bit infront of the base just to be safe.

Fair enough that you already had a sizeable expense with the meds and concealer, but it's probably going to be quite a bigger expense with these. How much would be too much per year for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Only drawback is you might have to get it replaced slightly more often than if you were bald because when the hair gets too long you can kind of wiggle it a bit.
    But still only around once a monthish.
    Just to clarify, when I said this I meant to say "re-adjust" not "replace".
    As in take it off, shave your head again and re-attach. Would send you broke pretty quick if you had to replace it every month....

How much would it cost for me to get a full lace and expense to keep it up? Considering I have to shave my head completely bald, how often would I have to re-fit my system? Can I sleep/shower with it on?

I like my hair short on the sides, do I HAVE to have it long to hide the base?

I might visit Farrell hair here in Columbus Ohio, they gave me a call a few times, I chickened out and told them it's not for me yet. This time I want to go down there and see what this is all about.